Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the writer and I want her to win but I read that first issue and I was like:dwillhuh: is it just me or are T'Challa's subordinates openly mocking him?
My impression is that everyone sees him as a spoilt kid who has inherited the throne and no one respects him and thinks him capable of much.:gucci:
Don't you fight for the mantle of black panther?

jackson35

Banned
Daps
She went beyond standing up for herself and went to the "90% of the racism I experience is from other back people" traffic mulatto bullshyt. I'm sure she about to throw out the "I'm not privileged, I've been ostracized for being light skinned" bullshyt to.
of course because now we are going to pretend in the black experience we dont have people in the hood who always got something to say about how light or dark we are, our lips is too big, our nose is too broad, we are too country, we are too bougie, this things according to you never happen to us

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course because now we are going to pretend in the black experience we dont have people in the hood who always got something to say about how light or dark we are, our lips is too big, our nose is too broad, we are too country, we are too bougie, this things according to you never happen to us

Stop being an a$$hole. Where in my post did I say any of those things "never happen to us".

Colorism obviously exists within our community, in general dark skinned black folks tend to experience it more, and lighter skinned black folks try and act as if they don't have any sort of privilege based on their lighter skin.

Also that "90%" thing is obvious bullshyt. Colorism isn't the same as racism and even if it was she'd obviously be lying by saying it's from black people "90%". She's trying to perpetuate that "black people are really the most racist of all" bullshyt.

She can defend herself without falling back on tired ass racist rhetoric we typically hear from white people.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't you fight for the mantle of black panther?

Historically yes, but EVER since Coates took over he's been trying to downplay and erase that part of the mythos. He had to do that in order to make his wack ass story work on any level.

In the past T'Challa had to earn the right to rule and his rulership could be challenged in a multitude of ways. Coates made it seem as if being King was just T'Challa's birthright that he held on to by being a ruthless dictator.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Historically yes, but EVER since Coates took over he's been trying to downplay and erase that part of the mythos. He had to do that in order to make his wack ass story work on any level.

In the past T'Challa had to earn the right to rule and his rulership could be challenged in a multitude of ways. Coates made it seem as if being King was just T'Challa's birthright that he held on to by being a ruthless dictator.
fukk coates.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

Clearly she doesn't actually know the definition of racism. Just because folks want a dark skinned queen of Africa instead of a mixed chick (which Hollywood loves) doesn't mean ppl hate her. Her storm was trash anyway. Doubt marvel keeps her around. She'll just be professor x play thing in private the rest of her "career"

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Stop being an a$$hole. Where in my post did I say any of those things "never happen to us".

Colorism obviously exists within our community, in general dark skinned black folks tend to experience it more, and lighter skinned black folks try and act as if they don't have any sort of privilege based on their lighter skin.

Also that "90%" thing is obvious bullshyt. Colorism isn't the same as racism and even if it was she'd obviously be lying by saying it's from black people "90%". She's trying to perpetuate that "black people are really the most racist of all" bullshyt.

She can defend herself without falling back on tired ass racist rhetoric we typically hear from white people.
i'm being a a$$hole??? colorism isn't the same as racism??/? so your telling me with certain social circles in the black community, people don't favors other because of skin tone

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Clearly she doesn't actually know the definition of racism. Just because folks want a dark skinned queen of Africa instead of a mixed chick (which Hollywood loves) doesn't mean ppl hate her. Her storm was trash anyway. Doubt marvel keeps her around. She'll just be professor x play thing in private the rest of her "career"
ha, when hollywood put dark skinned women in the movies and entertainment in general, ya'll close your eyes. there is a reason that she' here and we need to quit acting like most black folks don't co sign these descions

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm being a a$$hole??? colorism isn't the same as racism??/? so your telling me with certain social circles in the black community, people don't favors other because of skin tone
Usually it is the lighterskin ones who get treated well. But that may be in island culture don't know about the Americans.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
ha, when hollywood put dark skinned women in the movies and entertainment in general, ya'll close your eyes. there is a reason that she' here and we need to quit acting like most black folks don't co sign these descions
Who tf is y'all? The current crop of dark skin women in Hollywood rn are far and above the mixed chicks. Lupita shyts on all of them and yet chicks like Paula Patton get more opportunities. Weinstein types run Hollywood and clearly only mixed lightskin black women are "fukkable" as he put it. So they get roles that were literally made for darkskin women. Pure scust

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Who tf is y'all? The current crop of dark skin women in Hollywood rn are far and above the mixed chicks. Lupita shyts on all of them and yet chicks like Paula Patton get more opportunities. Weinstein types run Hollywood and clearly only mixed lightskin black women are "fukkable" as he put it. So they get roles that were literally made for darkskin women. Pure scust
there is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with what your thinking, most of the dark skinned actress are very particular about the roles they choose while the paula patton is doing roles that don't stand out. weinstein is one dude, stop making him out to be the ayatollah of hollywood

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Usually it is the lighterskin ones who get treated well. But that may be in island culture don't know about the Americans.
says who? have you look at the stats of how much work dark skinned actress have gotten over the years?