Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Micah Parsons, LB Penn State

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Chase seems like the obvious choice to me. Riley Reiff who projects to be a solid RT is starting. Jonah Williams is top 15 LT in the NFL and he's still on his rookie deal. They could move Williams to RT and kick Reiff inside but their WR core right now is looking like Boyd, Higgins, Tate, and Thomas. Not a single #1 WR in that mix. Chase seems like the obvious choice to me. Sewell seemed like a no brainer before FA but signing Reiff and a lot of OL depth seems to point to the fact that Cincy will start the run at WR with a high-end playmaker for Burrow who was his teammate at LSU.

This might be the first pick where we differ thecoli.com

My Mock right now is:

1. Trevor
2. Wilson
3. Fields
4. Lance
5. Chase
6. Smith
7. The draft really starts at 7 but till it does, I think it's Waddle at 7. Detriot is the one team I think is open to moving back if Smith or Chase is gone.
8. Sewell
9. Parsons
10. Surtain Jr.
11. Farley
12. Pitts
13. Slater
14. Vera-Tucker
15. Mac Jones

Miami ain't taking Smith over Pitts, Waddle or Sewell and Pitts ain't falling to 12 either.

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
You think they will choose a LT when they already have Jonah Williams? JaMarr Chase seems like the obvious fit and choice. Played with Burrow. They lack a #1. They fix their depth issues on the line this offseason.
Jonah didnt do them a lotta good last season when Burrow leg when getting shattered

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think they will choose a LT when they already have Jonah Williams? JaMarr Chase seems like the obvious fit and choice. Played with Burrow. They lack a #1. They fix their depth issues on the line this offseason.

that number 1 WR thing is overrated. If you give your QB enough time they can make it happen. We have Boyd and tee higgins they are studs we can find a WR in the 2nd rd or even later.

a premium potential offensive lineman aren’t generally there later in the draft. If Sewell is as talented as they say his position is more of a premium than a WR.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I think they feel Higgins will be that #1....and he showed some ability last year, great route running, top end speed and hands....I think they’d be more likely to pick up a vet receiver like galladay (when he was available)..... but Cinci had Anthony Munoz and his dominance is kinda in the blood line of the organization.....Sewell fits right into that tradition ....Munoz and boomer reached the Super Bowl and barely lost....that organization gotta think Sewell and burrow could be dynamic .....but I like receiver picks so I wouldn’t be mad at chase, him and burrow history......but keepin burrow safe gotta be the thinkin here..... if they don’t draft Sewell and burrow suffers a major injury the franchise might as well move :francis:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Miami ain't taking Smith over Pitts, Waddle and Sewell and Pitts ain't falling to 12 either.
They don't need Pitts with Gesicki and they need a receiver who can get open. No one better in this class than Smith. Waddle is a slot. They are drafting a slot WR with 6. DeVonta Smith is the best route running and pass catching WR in this class. It's a no-brainer to get Tua a player who just gets open.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Jonah didnt do them a lotta good last season when Burrow leg when getting shattered
He was clearly the best tackle Cinci had last year and his grade was reasonable for a young LT in the low 70s via PFF. Adding Rieff gives them two tackles who can produce. The biggest issue with Cinci was their OL was depleted of o-linemen in general and the depth was horrible.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think they feel Higgins will be that #1....and he showed some ability last year, great route running, top end speed and hands....I think they’d be more likely to pick up a vet receiver like galladay (when he was available)..... but Cinci had Anthony Munoz and his dominance is kinda in the blood line of the organization.....Sewell fits right into that tradition ....Munoz and boomer reached the Super Bowl and barely lost....that organization gotta think Sewell and burrow could be dynamic .....but I like receiver picks so I wouldn’t be mad at chase, him and burrow history......but keepin burrow safe gotta be the thinkin here..... if they don’t draft Sewell and burrow suffers a major injury the franchise might as well move :francis:
Boyd had decent production and Higgins did very well for a rookie WR. The issue is, who's the WR that going to force teams to make life easier for Burrow? I am not as high on Sewell as most. I see him as Anthony Thomas but much more physically talented and athletic than Thomas. His balance is hit or miss and his technique is lacking. To hope that he is Munoz, Idk. Odgen, Pace, Joe Thomas, and others like that have been mentioned with his name and I can't help but say, NAW. To each it's own but if you feel he is Anthony Munoz, then it makes sense why you want him at 5. I don't. To me, Chase is a better get than Sewell. He's a legit #1 option WR and gives Burrow someone he can trust to get open no matter what. Those don't fall off trees.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
that number 1 WR thing is overrated. If you give your QB enough time they can make it happen. We have Boyd and tee higgins they are studs we can find a WR in the 2nd rd or even later.

a premium potential offensive lineman aren’t generally there later in the draft. If Sewell is as talented as they say his position is more of a premium than a WR.
Naw, I disagree. A true #1 option is NOT overrated at all. Every team who has one will tell you that. They open up the game for everyone else and makes life easier on the QB, especially a good QB.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw, I disagree. A true #1 option is NOT overrated at all. Every team who has one will tell you that. They open up the game for everyone else and makes life easier on the QB, especially a good QB.

yes but the position premium is to have an elite tackle to protect the QB. WRs are well can generally be more system based. You can find a stud in the 2-3 rd easier than an OL.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
yes but the position premium is to have an elite tackle to protect the QB. WRs are well can generally be more system based. You can find a stud in the 2-3 rd easier than an OL.
I will be honest with you. I seen Jonah play, he's going to be a top 15 LT in his prime. Rieff is already a top 30 LT and likely to be a top 15 RT. You guys could clearly use another guard but in this deep OL class, that should be easy to get in the 2nd round. So yes, could Sewell be special down the road and a top 5 LT and a franchise player, sure! But I'll rather a franchise WR who's a #1 option instead but that's just me. Boyd, Higgins, and Chase will make life MUCH easier for Burrow.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
They don't need Pitts with Gesicki and they need a receiver who can get open. No one better in this class than Smith. Waddle is a slot. They are drafting a slot WR with 6. DeVonta Smith is the best route running and pass catching WR in this class. It's a no-brainer to get Tua a player who just gets open.

Smith would still be there at 12. There's a reason they traded back up to 6 and it wasn't for Smith. And what makes you think Pitts is falling to 12.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Smith would still be there at 12. There's a reason they traded back up to 6 and it wasn't for Smith. And what makes you think Pitts is falling to 12.
You must be one of them dude who underrate Devonta Smith

He's the easiest one to fall with Sewell.

Detriot doesn't need a TE like Miami doesn't need a TE. They got top 10 TEs already who are on their rookie deals.

Carolina might be a possibility but Sewell could fall to that slot. Sewell will likely win out in a contest v. Pitts. Plus, this a spot someone could move up with Mac Jones in mind.

Denver has Noah Fant who they are sky-high on.

Dallas is a possibility but will take they take him over Surtain? Probably not.

NYG need a CB bad. Farley or Surtain. Maybe Horn. They have Engram.

Pitts is a luxury pick. He's the player I am certain is most likely to fall. I feel like part of the reason Philly moved back is that they felt they will still get him at 12 or someone they covet.

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The issue with the Sewell to Cincy lock everyone's tried to pencil in is that their main issue is interior OL. Jonah's still a promising LT and they just signed Riley Reiff to play RT. Slater might make more sense for them with his upside at G even if you feel Sewell's better.

Chase is obviously who Burrow wants too, that's his #1 target from his Heisman campaign. Tough spot to make a choice.