• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

The comments in the thread are spot on. Deep tackle and center class for at least 3-4 rounds. The WR class is 8 deep if you are looking for game changers and not just potential starters and nice to have pieces. They could be gone before Cincy 2nd round pick.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
The comments in the thread are spot on. Deep tackle and center class for at least 3-4 rounds. The WR class is 8 deep if you are looking for game changers and not just potential starters and nice to have pieces. They could be gone before Cincy 2nd round pick.

I think a couple will still be on the board by then and Cincy is still rebuilding that's why BPA is the way to go and for me it should be Sewell. You never know there could be a better crop of receivers in next years draft. As a Dolphins fan I was upset with their two first round picks after Tua cause I though there were better players still on the board. Austin Jackson was taken at 18 and was a reach that they could've had with their third first round pick. They passed on Caesar Ruiz and Brandon Aiyuk who they thought would still be there at 26 but neither was

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think a couple will still be on the board by then and Cincy is still rebuilding that's why BPA is the way to go and for me it should be Sewell. You never know there could be a better crop of receivers in next years draft. As a Dolphins fan I was upset with their two first round picks after Tua cause I though there were better players still on the board. Austin Jackson was taken at 18 and was a reach that they could've had with their third first round pick. They passed on Caesar Ruiz and Brandon Aiyuk who they thought would still be there at 26 but neither was
In all fairness, at Miami's original pick, the top 3 WRs wouldn't be available at your pick. You got lucky there is an idiot team in Houston that made a stupid deal.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
In all fairness, at Miami's original pick, the top 3 WRs wouldn't be available at your pick. You got lucky there is an idiot team in Houston that made a stupid deal.

And a desperate team in San Francisco that wants a QB really bad.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Boyd had decent production and Higgins did very well for a rookie WR. The issue is, who's the WR that going to force teams to make life easier for Burrow? I am not as high on Sewell as most. I see him as Anthony Thomas but much more physically talented and athletic than Thomas. His balance is hit or miss and his technique is lacking. To hope that he is Munoz, Idk. Odgen, Pace, Joe Thomas, and others like that have been mentioned with his name and I can't help but say, NAW. To each it's own but if you feel he is Anthony Munoz, then it makes sense why you want him at 5. I don't. To me, Chase is a better get than Sewell. He's a legit #1 option WR and gives Burrow someone he can trust to get open no matter what. Those don't fall off trees.
Even if Sewell isn’t Munoz (only time will tell) in our division teams have been taught to key in on our weak offensive lines over the years....it’s been a long suffered vulnerability......Bal, CLE, but especially Pitts, have game plans basically to damage the qb, I mean all team want that to an extent, but in our division it’s been seen as basically that’s all you gotta do....Sewell also does a lot to change that psychology, if he’s productive of course.....at some point cinci has to put up a decent offensive line, the last good one was in 1988 1989.....it’s gotta be addressed wit Burrow behind center

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Sewell is the CORRECT pick. If not him, Parsons. Frankly, Sewell should be considered the top prospect in the class. No glaring weaknesses or concerns compared to other headline names.

As tantalizing as Chase or Devonta is, the Bengals have Boyd and Higgins. The draft is deep enough to where a GOOD WR can be found in later rounds.

I say Sewell, who seems to have the nastiness/temperament of an AFC North lineman. Chase may be the Burrow-pleaser, but he won't help them if the team has no one in front of Joe to keep him upright.