Official Disney+ Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is wandavision flashbacks? I mean....vision is dead right?

I'm pretty sure It's all Wanda's imagining things...like in the comics.

Don't take this as spoilers because I haven't read much about the show....but the movie version of Wanda (even when she gave Thanos the beats) is weak as fukk compared to the comic version.

In the comics she can warp reality and actually rewrote the entire universe. So I'm assuming she's tapping into an alternate reality (a sitcom version where everything is perfect and Vision is still alive) to live out her fantasies.

Marvel also announced Wanda is in the next Dr. Strange movie....which deals with the multi-verse. So I'm assuming she completely fukks things up at some point.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If you can rock with magic, aliens who speak English, and explosions in space but not a man throwing a disc into a tree then maybe this genre isn’t for you :pachaha:
No, i actually agree with him. I understand where your coming from too but i like them to be consistent with the power levels of characters. If Sam could do this why was Cap lapping him in the foot races? That's not something you chalk up to fantasy escapism. That's just poor continuity in a property that prides itself on continuity.
A better excuse or explanation you, or marvel could give, is that the vibranium properties of the shield are responsible for that more than Sam's strength.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No, i actually agree with him. I understand where your coming from too but i like them to be consistent with the power levels of characters. If Sam could do this why was Cap lapping him in the foot races? That's not something you chalk up to fantasy escapism. That's just poor continuity in a property that prides itself on continuity.
A better excuse or explanation you, or marvel could give, is that the vibranium properties of the shield are responsible for that more than Sam's strength.

That incarnation is contained within the pages of the Heroes Reborn universe, Captain America Vol 2, #1 has both Sam and his father, Abraham, fighting alongside Captain America in World War II. While he didn't have his mental connection to birds in the Heroes Reborn universe, he did gain Super Soldier powers from the Cap. Wounded during a battle with Nazi villain Master Man, Sam is given a blood transfusion with Captain America's blood, thus giving him the powers that would later help him best his father's killer/the man who wounded him in the first place. :wow::wow::wow: Sam gonna be blessed with the SSS sooner or later... Also remember Bucky had a whole case of the shyt in Civil War....

Super-Soldier-Serum-in-Suitcase-Civil-War.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Eh, now we're into "comic science" as I call it but this actually 100% makes sense.

Vibranium absorbs and redirects kinetic energy. A "fully charged" shield would break through damn near anything you threw it at, regardless of your strength.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Eh, now we're into "comic science" as I call it but this actually 100% makes sense.

Vibranium absorbs and redirects kinetic energy. A "fully charged" shield would break through damn near anything you threw it at, regardless of your strength.

Fred.
Yep, i mean i can do that with an ax in real life. The shield isn't as sharp as the an ax, but it's supposed to be much harder and lighter and with the kinetic energy factor, seems like you could train your self to do it after enough practice.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i have zero desire to watch these shows as weekly episodes. i've been programmed by the MCU to want more. I want to get to the end of each of these characters' stories as quickly as possible and see what's being set up, no matter how good the shows are. I don't get a fukk about Sam Wilson's everyday life, i wanna watch him fly and see who else is coming to the MCU. Let me watch Wandavision in a 3 hour block, i don't want to watch a slow episode 3 then wait a week.

... but maybe thats just me

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This makes the most sense going merely from the trailer. The idea that the continuity and general rules that have been set up in a universe don't matter because it's a comic book property is not only silly but reeks of stannery. If Sam is outchea stopping helicopters with one hand, I'm gonna need some sort of explanation as to why:yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

thought that was what it was from the moment I saw the commercial. nothing more. :yeshrug: