Essential Official Fitness thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I was just saying to myself earlier that I’ve put back on everything I’ve lost. And when I get back in the gym I’m gonna have to build my stamina back up... it’s gonna suck but oh well— I’m sure once the gyms open back up everyone will be in there & it’s gonna be packed.

oh well... I’ll get back there sooner or later. I’lol re-claim my Gym Rat status again.
:mjcry: I wish I had the time to be back in the gym like I did before the pandemic. Having my own place and working full time hours & allowing it. But as I mentioned above—- I’m finding a way

Sunshine

Pro
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: I wish I had the time to be back in the gym like I did before the pandemic. Having my own place and working full time hours & allowing it. But as I mentioned above—- I’m finding a way

...and you will do what you can, when you can. Don't beat up on yourself. I am just seeing where you quoted yourself saying that you regained what you lost previously. I find myself trying to avoid doing that at this current time, as all people are when weight loss is achieved. When a milestone is reached, the body needs time to stabilize itself at the new weight set-point. It may take several months before your body realizes that you intend to make the change permanent.

If you feel that life is getting in the way, perform exercises that can be done on the go and/or without the gym. For instance, to keep your core engaged, contract your abdominal muscles for 5-7 seconds at a time. Do this often throughout the day.

Look into your sodium/potassium ratio. If you find issues with water retention, potassium can help expel excess water weight. That will at least give you a temporary psychological boost that can be used for further motivation. For women, weight loss/maintaining is a delicate balancing act because of our hormones. You can lose whatever you've gained, just as you did before. Have no worries or doubts.

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
...and you will do what you can, when you can. Don't beat up on yourself. I am just seeing where you quoted yourself saying that you regained what you lost previously. I find myself trying to avoid doing that at this current time, as all people are when weight loss is achieved. When a milestone is reached, the body needs time to stabilize itself at the new weight set-point. It may take several months before your body realizes that you intend to make the change permanent.

If you feel that life is getting in the way, perform exercises that can be done on the go and/or without the gym. For instance, to keep your core engaged, contract your abdominal muscles for 5-7 seconds at a time. Do this often throughout the day.

Look into your sodium/potassium ratio. If you find issues with water retention, potassium can help expel excess water weight. That will at least give you a temporary psychological boost that can be used for further motivation. For women, weight loss/maintaining is a delicate balancing act because of our hormones. You can lose whatever you've gained, just as you did before. Have no worries or doubts.
Thx!! I did post purchase some at home equipment, which is super helpful. i just gotta incorporate it all together

Sunshine

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Thx!! I did post purchase some at home equipment, which is super helpful. i just gotta incorporate it all together

That's great! The home equipment is extremely convenient.

Carve some time out for yourself and that will help to prevent stress as well.

Please continue to detail your progress.

Sunshine

Pro
Supporter
Daps
To update: I weighed in at just over 138!

I have been trying to go from 150 to 135 lbs since 2022! I am living proof that lifestyle can cause a stall in weight loss. It was never my eating habits or a lack of exercise. I worked out consistently, even before I returned to the gym.

Besides the fact that I am helping to look after a sick family member, I have two careers and a business. I feel the need to explain why I have two careers. Both are near and dear to my heart, but one of them will allow me to make a huge impact in society, which is extremely crucial to me.

I said that to say, I don't get much sleep at all and I do the best I can to juggle my responsibilities, but the strain of it all has definitely shown in my body's resistance to cooperate with my goals for so long. I would urge you all to check your lifestyle choices, to see if they are preventing you from reaching your goals.

Under normal conditions, I would have slimmed down with ease. But I was never large or even chubby, 150 lbs was a great weight for me because I have muscle tone. I just want a slimmer figure for personal and professional reasons.

Somewhere around mid-January, I began taking iron/pink salt/green tea extract and niacin as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. Based on my research, I was sure the niacin and gte in particular would help me reach my desired weight. It worked. By the time the last week of March arrived, I had reached 140 pounds, which is where I was when I made the previous post.

I have decided that 135 is not necessarily my goal anymore. I may try to push the scale down more. My body type/shape will hold onto curves, no matter how small I get. I will know what's right for me when I see it.

I saw a pic of Justine Skye just yesterday in a thread that I commented on. I love the size that she is and she looks great overall. I also love the size of Dawn Richard, just with more curves. Sometimes visuals are needed, instead of working in the dark.

Hopefully some of you may give the supplements a try. I'm curious to see if they work for you as well. I forgot to mention in the main Gym thread that I stopped taking gte a couple of weeks ago.

I will continue with niacin/pink salt and iron. If any of you decide in the future to use the supplements, please also take b-complex. I do as well, but I mentioned the niacin in particular because I feel it was a critical component of my weight loss.

You ladies look after yourselves and your health, both physical and mental. I'm sending loving energy your way.

Hugs to you all. ♥️♥️💜💜

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm down 35lbs, y'all. Calories In Calories Out (CICO) works.

I've been working on it since December, so that's about 8lbs a month. I think I'd like to lose another 25 before I stop my calorie deficit and go into maintenance. People are already telling me 25lbs more is too much, but people always have opinions whether you are gaining or losing. I know what's right for me.

This is what's helping me lose:

CICO. I'm doing a -300 to -500 daily deficit
I walk 15-23K miles a day
I do resistance training three days a week with progressive overload
I've increased my protein intake a lot. Those Quest protein shakes are my favorites.