Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dudes on here need to crack open a fukking book..."Ambushes aren't warfare" :russ::russ::russ: There's a dozen historical counters to this
I bet they don't have a problem with Tywin ambushing Stannis at Blackwater, because GRRM wrote it:sas1:

I done told yall, ignore these idiots. Their agenda is clear as day

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I was wondering how intelligent they were, given the size of their heads. Do they ever become smart enough to operate during a battle without someone riding them?

I know we saw the other two dragons put in work in the Bay of Dragons, but they were pretty much following Drogon's lead who had Dany riding him. And Aegon's sisterwives rode the other two dragons during his conquest.

And the show does talk about the connection between dragons and magic; it's why the house of the undying steals her dragons in season 2. As far as the connection to the white walkers, I dunno. The walkers hadn't been seen in thousands of years (fact check), but Aegon's conquest was just 300 years ago and the Doom of Valyria not long before that...a time with plenty of dragons.

I think of the Dragons like horses or dogs. You can train them to do a lot of shyt, but obviously they have limitations due to their intelligence.

Edit: We should stop responding to the dude bytching about Dragons. Dude is derailing the thread with nonsense.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I think of the Dragons like horses or dogs. You can train them to do a lot of shyt, but obviously they have limitations due to their intelligence.

Edit: We should stop responding to the dude bytching about Dragons. Dude is derailing the thread with nonsense.
:stopitslime:nikka i stopped talking about the shyt pages ago. ol late to the party tryna get daps ass nikka.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Golden company seems like a convenient way to get even more troops to westeros for the final war...

Any of y'all got thoughts on the end game/point of theon and yara? Just seems weird that we're going to have to waste 10-30 minutes of one of these last three episodes to attempt a rescue of her. Like I have zero fukks to give about having more yara :why:

And has LF actually fukked something this entire series? :jbhmm: he had a whore House but was never shown fukking, he clearly got none from Sansa or Cat and I don't know how he could get any from Lysa with robin attached to her titty

He had Lysa waking up up the whole castle the night they got married.

Daps
Yea, that's pretty much how I thought of them. I'm just wondering if the book hinted at them being more intelligent than that. They likely have very large brains and live for centuries, so I could see them being smarter than that. :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ned did lol. Dude Executed a guy over abandoning his duties, and refused to believe him in regards to the White Walkers. Now you've got Jon ditching his old job and no one caring. You've got Sam running around with a Gilly and a baby, and no one caring. shyt's changed. Realistically people should be asking how Jon got out of his vows.
He died, that released him from his vows

ETA:

Tyrion is the only one in Dany's crew who knows about nights watch vows and has interacted with Jon thus far (varys and Jon haven't conversed) - no one else in the crew would think to ask. Tyrion gave a nod to this by saying something like he's sure jon's story of becoming KITN is an interesting one. And of course everyone in the north knows the deal so who exactly would be asking about why he was able to leave the nights watch?

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
one thing about dragons is that they are inherently connected to magic. I think they mention it a few times on the show, but more so in the book. the dragons coming back has made magic stronger. although it's not clear where the chicken and the egg is in that situation. it might all be connected to the White Walkers also

there's also some talk about how intelligent the dragons are. they are magical creatures, so they might be on another level

basically thinking of them as pit bulls isn't very helpful
show wise, two things have been established

they have said they are smarter than humans

they have said they have a telepathic link to the targaryens

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone think we'll ever get an evenly matched battle?

Realized the other day, that all of the battles have been either ambushes, or one side outmatched by the opposing force (usually with a last minute save).

Would be nice to get a 5,000 men vs 5,000 men battle. But with 9 episodes left, feels like the chance for that kind of conflict is is low.
Blackwater and the Battle for Castle Black are about as even as they've gotten.
Ambushes aren't fukking war fare strategy, just lazy as fukk writing (and a device that's been used in almost every single major GoT battle to date). Do you think they didn't have scouts in medieval times?
Ambushes aren't strategic? You have no clue what you're talking about. Jamie had scouts and still got captured so not sure what point you're trying to make.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yea I was wondering how intelligent they were, given the size of their heads. Do they ever become smart enough to operate during a battle without someone riding them?

I know we saw the other two dragons put in work in the Bay of Dragons, but they were pretty much following Drogon's lead who had Dany riding him. And Aegon's sisterwives rode the other two dragons during his conquest.

And the show does talk about the connection between dragons and magic; it's why the house of the undying steals her dragons in season 2. As far as the connection to the white walkers, I dunno. The walkers hadn't been seen in thousands of years (fact check), but Aegon's conquest was just 300 years ago and the Doom of Valyria not long before that...a time with plenty of dragons.
yeah, the Long Night was 8000 years ago. but it may be a different story north of the wall. for instance apparently Craster was sacrificing his male sons for a minute

I really don't know if there's a connection. it's just more an observation that all this stuff is happening now. plus how it may all tie in with the prophecy of "The Prince that was promised" (Azor Ahai), and A Song of Ice and Fire