Official HL thread for the Mizzou

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
heard about this earlier on highly questionable
shocked how well these protests have been kept out of the media
and mad props to the mizzou students
once upon a time I interviewed around the country for work and mizzou (georgia was another one) was one of those places that made my racism radar tingle, I know racism is everywhere in the US but some places...:merchant:that shyt is in the air, you can just feel it:huhldup:

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
9c4yIoD.png

Tate

Kae☭ernick Loyalist
Daps
Don't know a lot about the situation. However it's very heartening to see this.

The power student athletes have to affect radical social change on campus is really limitless. If this type of action could be used to campaign against tuition hikes, adjunct pay, public disinvestment, etc, you could see some great things happen.

However I have very little faith in the average D1 athlete.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in the minority here because I don't think it needed to go to the extreme of calling for the resignation of the President and Chancellor. From my understanding of the timeline

Racial climate at MU: A timeline of incidents this fall

It seemed like the students went for the nuclear option too soon. But then again, I saw a video where the president seemed to be mocking the students when they confronted him with a question about systemic oppression.

There should have been a better way to handle this situation or maybe i'm more sympathetic cause I have family that works in University Administration

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I'm in the minority here because I don't think it needed to go to the extreme of calling for the resignation of the President and Chancellor. From my understanding of the timeline

Racial climate at MU: A timeline of incidents this fall

It seemed like the students went for the nuclear option too soon. But then again, I saw a video where the president seemed to be mocking the students when they confronted him with a question about systemic oppression.

There should have been a better way to handle this situation or maybe i'm more sympathetic cause I have family that works in University Administration
the other thing we may not know is how tense things may have been down there
imagine being called the N word on a regular basis on a university campus
can you imagine the atmosphere that allows that to go on casually

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Still sleeping :smh:

Edit: Thanks @tmonster for coming through

:blessed:

I figured we were leaving the discussion in the coliseum because TLR nor HL picked it up over the weekend.

But I do find it interesting that nothing was said about this incident until the moment the football team decided to take issues into their own hands. In fact the only reason I knew about this story was because of the football team.