Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was curious to know what Scorsese thinks of Joker, because there are clear homages to The King of Comedy.

And taxi driver

Don't know if you guys know this but Scorsese was a producer on Joker early on, he knows what went into the script and everything but he left the project to do other stuff, that's what he means by he doesn't need to see it. He already is familiar with the project.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Don't know if you guys know this but Scorsese was a producer on Joker early on, he knows what went into the script and everything but he left the project to do other stuff, that's what he means by he doesn't need to see it. He already is familiar with the project.

Marty was courted into producing but passed it up. His producer was involved with Joker, not him.

“For me, ultimately, I don’t know if I make the next step into this character developing into a comic book character,” Scorsese said. “You follow? He develops into an abstraction. It doesn’t mean it’s bad art, it’s just not for me…The superhero films, as I’ve said, are another art form. They are not easy to make. There’s a lot of very talented people doing good work and a lot of young people really, really enjoy them.”

Martin Scorsese Admits He Considered Making 'Joker', Reveals Why He Ultimately Backed Away..

He just don’t care :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This guy! :russ:

I saw the ended seen where he offs DeNiro on the TV show and that's it.

Don't feel the need to see it either.

Honestly, it didn't need to be a Joker movie.

Like I said before, this was conceived as a different movie, and they made the main character the Joker, and called it the joker to sell tickets.

Remove the makeup, name and keep everything else just the way it was, this movie wouldn't have made half of what it did at the box office but it would have still been critically acclaimed.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I saw the ended seen where he offs DeNiro on the TV show and that's it.

Don't feel the need to see it either.

Honestly, it didn't need to be a Joker movie.

Like I said before, this was conceived as a different movie, and they made the main character the Joker, and called it the joker to sell tickets.

Remove the makeup, name and keep everything else just the way it was, this movie wouldn't have made half of what it did at the box office but it would have still been critically acclaimed.

Do these guys ever get tired of posting nonsense like this @MartyMcFly :pachaha:

There's many scenes cut straight from the comics.. you just didn't read them

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do these guys ever get tired of posting nonsense like this @MartyMcFly :pachaha:

you don’t have to agree w/ him...but to act like you don’t understand his point or as if it’s not a possibility given your rebuttal is a bit ignorant...IF he has a point then yes of course writers could easily go back and rewrite shyt to make sure to include details that make it correlate to the comics...what he’s saying is not unfathomable...I had the same thought while watching the movie...and OT but I felt the same way about ‘venom’ too

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, I mean, does this mean we shouldn't make movies about heroes or villains without superpowers because if you take out the name and references to the comics, the movie could be about anybody?

shyt, make a movie about Punisher, but change his name from Frank Castle, remove any references from the comics and put him in some different clothes and it's a movie about a guy killing people for revenge, something we've seen many times before.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
you don’t have to agree w/ him...but to act like you don’t understand his point or as if it’s not a possibility given your rebuttal is a bit ignorant...IF he has a point then yes of course writers could easily go back and rewrite shyt to make sure to include details that make it correlate to the comics...what he’s saying is not unfathomable...I had the same thought while watching the movie...and OT but I felt the same way about ‘venom’ too

My point was nothing more than the guy saying there were no comic references when the film is actually loaded with references to the comics. So anyone saying that it could have been a film about anyone, well then the references to the comics wouldn't have made much sense then would it? :pachaha:

Stop hating on the success of this film it's pointless

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My point was nothing more than the guy saying there were no comic references when the film is actually loaded with references to the comics. So anyone saying that it could have been a film about anyone, well then the references to the comics wouldn't have made much sense then would it? :pachaha:

Stop hating on the success of this film it's pointless

a) he literally NEVER said there weren’t any comic book references

b) I gave a great review of the movie earlier in the thread (a few pages back)

what you need to STOP is making up shyt just bcuz you don’t agree w/ a person’s opinion...you can be rational enough (hopefully) to understand someone’s point even tho you don’t necessarily agree w/ it as long as it’s not too far off base...that’s my only point...no need to make one up for me lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
a) he literally NEVER said there weren’t any comic book references

That's exactly what was said and it was incorrect. He said this movie could have been called anything without the makeup. That is false. If it was called "Clown guy kills people" and then people watched it and saw that it was set in Gotham and took scenes directly from DC comic book lore such as the talk show segment, I think people would have said "you know what, this is Joker"..

:dahell:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's exactly what was said and it was incorrect. He said this movie could have been called anything without the makeup. That is false. If it was called "Clown guy kills people" and then people watched it and saw that it was set in Gotham and took scenes directly from DC comic book lore such as the talk show segment, I think people would have said "you know what, this is Joker"..

:dahell:
He also said he only saw one scene in the movie.