Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I'm a fan of Boots Riley but he has a tendency to talk just to talk. This is one example and he clearly didn't watch the movie when he made those comments.

With that said this was a terrific movie.

Great acting across the board but Joaquin Pheonix delivered an Oscar worthy performance.

Low key he's arguably been the best actor of the past 20 years

People will compare his and Heath's performance, but I don't know if that's fair, The Dark Knight was an an ensemble performance to which he was a crown jewel (Aaron Echkardt deserves praise)

I mean in Joker, it was basically Pheonix carrying the whole story.

There were some references to A Killing Joke among other stories but you know I would be fine either way, if they never revisit this movie or use it as a reboot of Batman, which says something about the strength of the movie.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joker's Reported Alternate Ending Sounds Horrifying

That’s because Joker reportedly has an alternate ending and it sounds horrifying. According to Kevin Smith, Joker’s alternate ending goes like this:

Originally, the ending in the hospital was different. He's in the hospital and he laughs, chuckles, and he says, ‘I was just thinkin' of something funny.’ What was supposed to happen was you flashed back to the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne and it was him killing Thomas and Martha Wayne and the boy was screaming and crying and he turned to walk away and he turned back, shrugged, and shot the kid. Credits.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this movie was good and Phoenix’s performance was obviously great...

but now the hype has died down, are y’all who said he was better than Ledger ready to admit y’all were wrong? :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

but now the hype has died down, are y’all who said he was better than Ledger ready to admit y’all were wrong? :jbhmm:

I didn't see many people saying anything other than they are both great.

And the hype hasn't died down...

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Movie still going strong, took my kids to the dollar flicks and there was a big ass line still for Joker. Like god damn this shyt turned into a phenomenon.

As far as comparing him to Heath I really don't care to do that myself. Two different films, one being a crime movie with Batman the other being a character study, Taxi Driver update. Just two totally different people.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie still going strong, took my kids to the dollar flicks and there was a big ass line still for Joker. Like god damn this shyt turned into a phenomenon.

As far as comparing him to Heath I really don't care to do that myself. Two different films, one being a crime movie with Batman the other being a character study, Taxi Driver update. Just two totally different people.
True :ehh: