Official Locker Room IT Breh check-in

Daps
Just got moved to a satellite site at work and my load has decreased IMMENSELY. went from doing 6 tickets a day to basically none. I just spent all day doing school and watching YouTube. Brought my surface pro today so I can spin up some vms. Can't wait for my lab equipment to get in though so that I can remote in at work and cert up at work.

OvOxO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
:russ:You feel me???? I'm about to double my income so I ain't telling him shyt.
Facts bro. I try to tell my boss to smarten up now and be more involved but he aint hearing that shyt. So I come, burn time, leave and collect. While trying to be as ghost as possible around here..

On the odd day I do get to do something cool then yay me

Daps
https://www.nsa.gov/psp/applyonline...t&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=30000387&PostingSeq=1

Any brehs with an IT degree in the DMV trying to break in its time to eat.

The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.

The United States has experienced profound changes that impact the way the National Security Agency (NSA) conducts its mission. The explosion of Internet communications has created a need for the Computer Network Operations (CNO) mission. This very important mission includes computer network defense and computer network exploitation. In order to carry out these functions NSA is looking for IT Security Professionals who are highly skilled, want to stay on the leading edge of technology and impassioned about ensuring the United States maintains a strategic edge in cyberspace. These are NOT your average Computer Science, Networking or Engineering jobs!

As a Computer Network Operator on the offensive side you will:

- execute computer network operations against foreign adversaries' information systems and networks
- use advanced software applications for network navigation, tactical forensic analysis, and collection of valuable intelligence information

As a Computer Network Operator on the defensive side, as part of the Red Team, you will:

- execute computer network operations against official US government organizations worldwide for the purpose of strengthening information system security
- identify and demonstrate vulnerabilities and their impact to customers
- provide recommended best practices to counter vulnerabilities

The ideal candidate is someone with solid decision making and problem solving skills, ability to react quickly, and technical proficiency in several of the following areas:

- Operating systems (Windows and/or Unix/Linux)
- Network analysis
- Penetration testing
- Network security
- Incident response
- Computer and network forensics
- Network administration
- Vulnerability and malware analysis
- Low level protocol and packet analysis
- Scripting and/or programming

This position is well-suited for individuals who enjoy visiting network security websites, attending conferences such as Black Hat / DEFCON, setting up and maintaining their own network or competing in Capture the Flag events.

You will be required to take a computer network operator test (Computer Networking Test) in order to be considered for this position. The test includes 2 sections. The first measures your ability to draw conclusions based on available information. The second measures your knowledge in these topic areas: Networking, Security, Windows, UNIX and Programming.
Qualifications
Salary Range: $69,545 - $86,659 (Entry/Developmental)

*The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates' education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.

Entry is with a Bachelor's degree and no experience. The following may also be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position: an Associate's degree plus 2 years of relevant experience; or successful completion of ROC Interactive Collection Operations (ICO) certification plus 2 years of relevant experience.

Degree must be in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology or related field (e.g., General Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Information Assurance, or Computer Security).

Relevant experience must be in computer or information systems design/development, programming, information/cyber/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, information assurance and/or systems engineering. Additionally, must have experience in network or system administration. Completion of military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis course), Undergraduate Cyber Training (UCT), Network Warfare Bridge Course (NWBC)/Intermediate Network Warfare Training (INWT), Cyber Defense Operations will be considered towards the relevant experience requirement (i.e., 20-24 weeks course will count as 6 months of experience, 10-14 weeks will count as 3 months of experience).

Salary Range: $80,445 - $107,140 (Full Performance)

*The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates' education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.

Entry is with a Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience; a Master's degree plus 1 year of relevant experience; a Doctoral degree and no experience. The following may also be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position: an Associate's degree plus 5 years of relevant experience; or successful completion of ROC Apprentice Exploiter (A*X) certification plus 3 years of relevant experience.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been crazy busy for 2 weeks so when I get these easy IT days shyt is a breeze. Today I installed a monitor, plugged in a headset(:mjlol:)and now I’m downgrading the firmware cause clickshare is trash

Gotta get my certs up when I graduate so I could do even less work

Last edited:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
today im going to quit buying lunch....i bought 50 boxes of mr noodle yesterday...time to change it up.

i've been spending $20 a day on food during work, $20 a night on food after work.

My inner Jew started kicking in when i realized food shouldnt be so expensive...

Daps
teach me your ways breh,

1) Purchase a fairly, powerful old computer that has some extent of scalability as to its resources i.e. RAM, disk, processors, etc. I have a Dell Precision 7500.
2) Acquire a hypervisor (type I) of your choice: Hyper-V, XenServer, VSphere, KVM, or others. If you are going with a type II hypervisor, I would recomend Oracle VirtualBox.
3) It wouldn't hurt to have a NAS (Network Attached Storage). You can store your ISOs there. Mount them to your VMs (virtual machines).
4) Acquire ISOs of your choosing for installing operating systems to VMs. You can obtain copies of Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2016, Ubuntu, Gentoo, or others online.
5) Basic network: WAP (Wireless Access Point), cable modem, and a switch with at least 8 ports and gigabit ethernet.

That should be a good primer. If you want ideas as to hardware to purchase, funding for virtual data center, certifications, just reach out to me.

Now that you have a virtual data center with a small; rudimentary network, you can build whatever you desire: databases, container servers, coding stations, proxy servers, virtual switches, et al.

Last edited:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Job goals :wow:

Congrats breh :blessed:

I was fired a hour ago, dude said I was late everyday and did a no call no show. I have proof that he is lying but whats the point :wow::mjcry:

Back on the grind tomorrow morning :yeshrug:
One of the reasons i was fired in November, i did that shyt though job was bullshyt :mjgrin:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Job goals :wow:

Congrats breh :blessed:

I was fired a hour ago, dude said I was late everyday and did a no call no show. I have proof that he is lying but whats the point :wow::mjcry:

Back on the grind tomorrow morning :yeshrug:

One of the reasons i was fired in November, i did that shyt though job was bullshyt :mjgrin:

over the years i learnt that being late or tardy isnt a joke. if you dont have to sign into a phone or voip, you can get away with 10 mins like everyday but usually everywhere takes lates seriously. you can be early everyday but the one day your late your gonna get in shyt. i got fired from tim hortons helpdesk for this very reason. time is money, especially in the corporate world. you cant be costing nikkas their bread plus it just looks bad.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
full