OFFICIAL Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao VS Chris Algieri THREAD... Saturday, Nov 22

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
We dont know what Keith Thurman is yet until he fights someone higher than Soto Karass.. We know what Maidana is. We know who he's beaten and lost to

Adrian Broner MAY be a B fighter.. But he not a B fighter at Welterweight and really belongs at 135 until he can proves.. Ortiz has never been a B fighter, and before you bring up Berto.. BERTO has never been a b fighter... What B fighters have either of them beat. We damn sure know who they lost to

Keith Thurman and Marcos Maidana both are B fighters breh.

If you wanna decide the level a fighter is soley based on their opponents, go ahead. I go off of their talent level, and both of them are B fighters to me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I dont think rating Maidana "high" is saying he's a B level fighter breh:heh:

I think Maidana is on the same level at 147 as Khan/Alexander/Porter/Thurman/Brook (B fighters...anywhere between B- and B+) and Marquez/Bradley/Floyd/Pacquiao are all A fighters (A- through A+)
:scust:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I see...so you were trolling when you said manny can't box either though it's clear as day that he can
of course I was brehbreh. Even though I don't like Manny, I can't diss his boxing skills. he's #5 in my list doe

Floyd
Berto :wow:
Rigo
Ward
Manny

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
they were wondering where algeiri jab was and i think it was krack that was the one with the good eyes in the fight thread and saw that pacquiao was taking the jab away.

K0He4NV.gif

this was what they were working on in the pacquiao dressing room before the fight and i was wondering what the adjustment was going to be for algieri and when pacquiao throws that counter at algieri one time the adjustment was dont use the jab. every jab algieri would throw he had to worry about that counter and there were a lot of big parts in the fight that algeiri should have pumped the jab a lot more but was scare and just covered up and got moved back by pacquiao which was the pattern of the fight.

that knockdown in the ninth that dropped algieiri hard was because algieri tried to throw a check hook over the top of a pacquiao jab. when fighters bite on pacquiao jab he likes to drop the left hand on them. that was how he knocked out hatton.

E8gTW0G.gif

its dangerous to jab with pacquiao. that was also how pacquiao knocked down barrera and how he knocked down marquez twice in that first round when they first fought. thats how corrie sanders was lighting up wlad. when you try to counter on the southpaw jab you freeze just long enough to get hit with that quick southpaw left hand up the middle. just a beautiful sneaky little punch.

IHExQRK.gif

fe67Hof.gif
Great post breh. It was pretty obvious (and even more so after the Prov evidence) that Algieri's really only consistent punch is that jab. His punches after that he struggles to throw and cant get them off vs better fighters. He needs that jab.

What it really showed me was how bad Prov was at cutting the ring off. Even with all Algieri's movement Pacquiao always tracked him down.

I still would be interested to see Algieri vs other fighters at 140, because his movement is what makes him difficult and there are guys there who struggle with movement. On paper though Matthysse, Garcia, Peterson, and Broner are all more talented.

Algieri definitely could benefit from a boxing trainer. He has good foot movement, but could use it better to get in and out of position. And whether he has power or not, his punch repertoire needs work.

What this also showed was the difference between a great fighter and by high end HBO/Showtime level talent a fairly average one is. Boxing has that power man. Skill and talent can be night and day visible.

Last edited:

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
:stopitslime: We can not be counting slips like that to go against the GOAT roy. That's fukking silly especially when that can severely backfire on every fighter anyone roots for.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
that was a kd and roy was hurt. he was holding on to get out the round. lebedev knocked him out with it. it was the same mistake. lebedev feints a jab roy sees jab and throws the check hook over the top of it and gets countered with that left hand that had roy out on his feet.

jtEP76W.gif

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
that was a kd and roy was hurt. he was holding on to get out the round. lebedev knocked him out with it. it was the same mistake. lebedev feints a jab roy sees jab and throws the check hook over the top of it and gets countered with that left hand that had roy out on his feet.

jtEP76W.gif

:stopitslime: Well tell Lebedev to give my GOAT that rematch he's been asking for. I think the outcome will be different. :blessed: