OFFICIAL Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao VS Chris Algieri THREAD... Saturday, Nov 22

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
they were wondering where algeiri jab was and i think it was krack that was the one with the good eyes in the fight thread and saw that pacquiao was taking the jab away.

K0He4NV.gif

this was what they were working on in the pacquiao dressing room before the fight and i was wondering what the adjustment was going to be for algieri and when pacquiao throws that counter at algieri one time the adjustment was dont use the jab. every jab algieri would throw he had to worry about that counter and there were a lot of big parts in the fight that algeiri should have pumped the jab a lot more but was scared to get hit and just covered up and got moved back by pacquiao which was the pattern of the fight.

that knockdown in the ninth that dropped algieiri hard was because algieri tried to throw a check hook over the top of a pacquiao jab. when fighters bite on pacquiao jab he likes to drop the left hand on them. that was how he knocked out hatton.

E8gTW0G.gif

its dangerous to jab with pacquiao. that was also how pacquiao knocked down barrera and how he knocked down marquez twice in that first round when they first fought. thats how corrie sanders was lighting up wlad. when you try to counter on the southpaw jab you freeze just long enough to get hit with that quick southpaw left hand up the middle. just a beautiful sneaky little punch.

IHExQRK.gif

fe67Hof.gif
quality breakdown :salute:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This thread was hilarious.

The early rounds of the fight saw all these dudes who never post in The Ring posting about Manny's bad technique and low key rooting for Algieri.

Then it was the clowning of Algieri's trainer who may go down as the absolute worst trainer with the best sound bytes in the history of boxing.

This fight went exactly how I thought it would go. Pacquiao is an elite fighter and Algieri is average. So Manny treated Algieri like he didn't belong in the ring with him which is what you do when you are that much better than your opposition.

Watching dudes attack @Black_Jesus for overrating Algieri when most of the stans in here do the same thing for guys their fave fighter beats (or in @Newzz case loses to) is funny as hell too.
Algieri is average but Maidana is only slightly above average and I am a fan of Marcos...he is fun to watch fight but he is not future HOFer. So lets stop the nonsense.

This PPV was a shameful mess though and everyone involved with it needs to be criticized. Charging $70 to watch Manny Pacquiao school a guy who is not in his league is bullshyt. This fight should have been on regular HBO. And Arum's shystery old ass better not try and make Manny's next fight against no gotdam Jessie fukking Vargas. Two struggle PPV's in a row is not a good look.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
This thread was hilarious.

The early rounds of the fight saw all these dudes who never post in The Ring posting about Manny's bad technique and low key rooting for Algieri.

Then it was the clowning of Algieri's trainer who may go down as the absolute worst trainer with the best sound bytes in the history of boxing.

This fight went exactly how I thought it would go. Pacquiao is an elite fighter and Algieri is average. So Manny treated Algieri like he didn't belong in the ring with him which is what you do when you are that much better than your opposition.

Watching dudes attack @Black_Jesus for overrating Algieri when most of the stans in here do the same thing for guys their fave fighter beats (or in @Newzz case loses to) is funny as hell too.
Algieri is average but Maidana is only slightly above average and I am a fan of Marcos...he is fun to watch fight but he is not future HOFer. So lets stop the nonsense.

This PPV was a shameful mess though and everyone involved with it needs to be criticized. Charging $70 to watch Manny Pacquiao school a guy who is not in his league is bullshyt. This fight should have been on regular HBO. And Arum's shystery old ass better not try and make Manny's next fight against no gotdam Jessie fukking Vargas. Two struggle PPV's in a row is not a good look.

If you think Im overrating Marcos Maidana by saying he's a B fighter and that he'd beat and he's better than Chris Algieri, I'll take it:manny:

I do agree with your take on the fight though and how you feel about Manny Pacquiao vs Vargas:ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If you think Im overrating Marcos Maidana by saying he's a B fighter and that he'd beat and he's better than Chris Algieri, I'll take it:manny:

I do agree with your take on the fight though and how you feel about Manny Pacquiao vs Vargas:ehh:
You are my homie and all but you know that you are only rating Maidana highly because he beat Broner.
Its that Paulie Malignaggi "go and be great" steeze. You can't have your favorite fighter taking Ls against average Joes.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they were wondering where algeiri jab was and i think it was krack that was the one with the good eyes in the fight thread and saw that pacquiao was taking the jab away.

K0He4NV.gif

this was what they were working on in the pacquiao dressing room before the fight and i was wondering what the adjustment was going to be for algieri and when pacquiao throws that counter at algieri one time the adjustment was dont use the jab. every jab algieri would throw he had to worry about that counter and there were a lot of big parts in the fight that algeiri should have pumped the jab a lot more but was scared to get hit and just covered up and got moved back by pacquiao which was the pattern of the fight.

that knockdown in the ninth that dropped algieiri hard was because algieri tried to throw a check hook over the top of a pacquiao jab. when fighters bite on pacquiao jab he likes to drop the left hand on them. that was how he knocked out hatton.

E8gTW0G.gif

its dangerous to jab with pacquiao. that was also how pacquiao knocked down barrera and how he knocked down marquez twice in that first round when they first fought. thats how corrie sanders was lighting up wlad. when you try to counter on the southpaw jab you freeze just long enough to get hit with that quick southpaw left hand up the middle. just a beautiful sneaky little punch.

IHExQRK.gif

fe67Hof.gif

The GIFS of the Sanders punch and the fight Saturday are of them throwing lead left hooks though....

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You are my homie and all but you know that you are only rating Maidana highly because he beat Broner.
Its that Paulie Malignaggi "go and be great" steeze. You can't have your favorite fighter taking Ls against average Joes.

I dont think rating Maidana "high" is saying he's a B level fighter breh:heh:

I think Maidana is on the same level at 147 as Khan/Alexander/Porter/Thurman/Brook (B fighters...anywhere between B- and B+) and Marquez/Bradley/Floyd/Pacquiao are all A fighters (A- through A+)

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
The GIFS of the Sanders punch and the fight Saturday are of them throwing lead left hooks though....
thats the check hook over the top of a southpaw jab. that counter gets thrown a lot against southpaws its equivalent to the check hook over the top of a orthodox right hand.

mmYAfnD.gif

algeiri got knocked down by this. live by the check hook die by the check hook.

VD9KQ8L.gif

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I dont think rating Maidana "high" is saying he's a B level fighter breh:heh:

I think Maidana is on the same level at 147 as Khan/Alexander/Porter/Thurman/Brook (B fighters...anywhere between B- and B+) and Marquez/Bradley/Floyd/Pacquiao are all A fighters (A- through A+)

How can Maidana be a B fighter at and hasn't beat any A or B fighters with Ls against 3 of the fighters you named.. It doesn't make sense

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
How can Maidana be a B fighter at and hasn't beat any A or B fighters with Ls against 3 of the fighters you named.. It doesn't make sense

He beat Adrien Broner who's a B fighter and Victor Ortiz (who was a B fighter at the time of their fight).

What you're asking would basically eliminate Keith Thurman from being a B fighter either:dwillhuh:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
He beat Adrien Broner who's a B fighter and Victor Ortiz (who was a B fighter at the time of their fight).

What you're asking would basically eliminate Keith Thurman from being a B fighter either:dwillhuh:

We dont know what Keith Thurman is yet until he fights someone higher than Soto Karass.. We know what Maidana is. We know who he's beaten and lost to

Adrian Broner MAY be a B fighter.. But he not a B fighter at Welterweight and really belongs at 135 until he can proves.. Ortiz has never been a B fighter, and before you bring up Berto.. BERTO has never been a b fighter... What B fighters have either of them beat. We damn sure know who they lost to

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Yuzo 's boxing brain :ohlawd:

Hopefully he's putting it to good use and in a gym somewhere instilling knowledge into the youngstas. :obama:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
lead left hooks from a southpaw stance? :huh:
:heh:
That shyt doesn't even make sense. Imagine trying to throw a lead right hook. You'd have to have an extremely obvious opponent. And crazy hand speed