Official Nas Thread

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
Nas DID say he was working on a “secret” project. I was expecting a Nas album produced by Dre but a Nas/Jay album i’ll take too
They asked him about a Nas/Jay album on the breakfast club interview and he didn't really react to it. Contrary to the DJ Premier question in the Torae interview where he clearly implied that there is something going on with him and Primo.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They asked him about a Nas/Jay album on the breakfast club interview and he didn't really react to it. Contrary to the DJ Premier question in the Torae interview where he clearly implied that there is something going on with him and Primo.

I mean i’ll take whatever. If its music and has Nas on it i’m there. Its that simple

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Of course, I'm just trying to figure out what this secret project is and when we're going to get it.:sadcam:

What i’ll say is that nowadays i’m more “optimistic” about the possibility of Nas and Jay doing an album together than i’ve ever been in the past. After seeing Nas reconcile with Cormega and put the ENTIRE Firm back together after 20 years then goddamn anything is possible.

Jay seems to be in a collaborating mood lately. His last two releases have been collab albums (Everything Is Love with Beyonce and A Written Testimony with Jay Elect) and Nas likes challenges. A Nas/Jay album would be the closest he’d get to the “ultimate” challenge so we’ll see.

Plus now that Nas is on his own label and Jay can do whatever the fukk he wants there is no red tape or label politics stopping them

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
personally I'd love a Jay/ Nas collab even if an EP type thing. May be unlikely but always find it surprising people don't like Jay/ Nas songs and feel they don't have chemistry. They're not exactly Nas/ AZ but Success and Black Republicans are both fire, and to me the only real collabs where they both went in it aiming to spit bars as best they could. BBC was just a fun track and rest mostly throw away verses.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
personally I'd love a Jay/ Nas collab even if an EP type thing. May be unlikely but always find it surprising people don't like Jay/ Nas songs and feel they don't have chemistry. They're not exactly Nas/ AZ but Success and Black Republicans are both fire, and to me the only real collabs where they both went in it aiming to spit bars as best they could. BBC was just a fun track and rest mostly throw away verses.

Their style is too different to make great tracks. Like the choice of the beat alone will be a problem. Make some collabs ok but I'm not trying to hear more.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
If Jay can make a whole album with Jay Electronica, who is Nas’s son then he can make an album with Gods Son himself

They can but I'll be mad hearing a Jay/Nas effort before a Nas/AZ. I understood the nas Damien because that was two different style of music be if we stick to rap I want to hear nas with the mc he has the most chemistry with

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
If Jay can make a whole album with Jay Electronica, who is Nas’s son then he can make an album with Gods Son himself
random thought...if rakim is god, nas is god's son, then is jay electronica god's grandson? I still need a song with all three of them

another thought....jayE's Act 2 had so many samples that weren't cleared and that was partially why it wasn't released...nas' proclamation was produced by jayE but was acapella because it didn't clear...if nas and jayE collaboed, so many records will shelve because of clearance issues

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They can but I'll be mad hearing a Jay/Nas effort before a Nas/AZ. I understood the nas Damien because that was two different style of music be if we stick to rap I want to hear nas with the mc he has the most chemistry with

To be fair, we got Nas albums produced by Hit Boy and Kanye before getting a Nas album produced by Premo. This was after Nas and Premo had a whole magazine cover together. Still, the Nas album produced by Hit Boy is one of Nas's best. I say that to say this, Nas ended up making great music with a producer who people didn't think he had much if any chemistry with, so there's a possibility he could make a great album with an MC people don't think he has much if any chemistry with.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
To be fair, we got Nas albums produced by Hit Boy and Kanye before getting a Nas album produced by Premo. This was after Nas and Premo had a whole magazine cover together. Still, the Nas album produced by Hit Boy is one of Nas's best. I say that to say this, Nas ended up making great music with a producer who people didn't think he had much if any chemistry with, so there's a possibility he could make a great album with an MC people don't think he has much if any chemistry with.

I knew this argument would come out. Im not one of those "nas can't do nothing outside of the "illmatic" circle" At the end of the day as an artist he should follow his own instinct, good or bad that's what lead him to the successful career he have so far.
The primo argument is different because he's not on his top of the game no more. Az on the other hand still in top notch form. shyt they can even do a trio it would be great

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Its one of those ideas where everyone would be dissapoint by it because in their head they had different expectations vs what was presented

Its why you have people saying stuff like Black Republicans and Success are mid when I've never felt that about either record and thought they were good