Spence

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. I kinda always associated it with Intuit instead of Mint but they are one and the same at this point. The only reason they are able to provided the service for free is likely because they are mining data on the backend and if a company is willing to lobby the gov't to screw over consumers, they likely don't have any morals regarding data collection either.
Yeah Mint is just an offshoot just like quickbooks and credit karma.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
so looks like buying property this year is dub

gonna focus on saving and getting my cc debt down
Realized my budgeting wasn’t great

Personal goals
1. get a solid budget
2. Pay off cc debt
3. Put more in Savings and emergency fund

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dealt with the medical bureaucracy more in the past year than the prior decade. Found out today that sometimes Dentists aren't sure whether they will get their money back so they overcharge the customer and then some dentists will reimburse you via a credit.

I only found this out because I checked my Dental EOB and the money I paid out of pocket was 2x as much as I needed to as per what my insurer paid. Gonna be going over my medical bills later this week as well to try and nickel and dime them to a lower price as well.

It's ironic that it's more about someone 'getting one over on me' but it leads me to be more frugal and go the extra step to save some coin

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Left my company and received some unsolicited emails and phone calls from my 401k provider. I get the feeling they wanted to nudge me into a 401k Rollover almost solely because they make more money off of an IRA than they would off of a 401k.

Left a bad taste in my mouth in general, so down the road, if I do decided to do a 401k rollover to an IRA, it will definitely be with a different company

Skillz

Rookie
Daps
Do you guys have an IRA? If so which one. I've been doing Traditional but thinking about going Roth.

I've moved most of my liquid savings from HYSA to Fidelity SPAXX to get a better rate 4.22% right now, it's also where I buy 4-Week T-Bills.

I have Ally & Discover but does anyone use one of the higher HYSA? I see TotalDirectBank offering 5.05% on MMAs & Wealthfront offering 4.3%. Kinda want one but don't want the ding since I churn bank accounts.

Speaking of churning:
Currently doing Chase's $900 checking/savings bonus. Offer dead now
Thinking of doing WF $525 Savings Bonus: Savings Account Bonus Offer: New Customers Earn $525 | Wells Fargo

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Do you guys have an IRA? If so which one. I've been doing Traditional but thinking about going Roth.

I've moved most of my liquid savings from HYSA to Fidelity SPAXX to get a better rate 4.22% right now, it's also where I buy 4-Week T-Bills.

I have Ally & Discover but does anyone use one of the higher HYSA? I see TotalDirectBank offering 5.05% on MMAs & Wealthfront offering 4.3%. Kinda want one but don't want the ding since I churn bank accounts.

Speaking of churning:
Currently doing Chase's $900 checking/savings bonus. Offer dead now
Thinking of doing WF $525 Savings Bonus: Savings Account Bonus Offer: New Customers Earn $525 | Wells Fargo
I have a Roth IRA with T Rowe Price. I invest in a target date retirement fund.

I bought a 52-week t-bill last month. I got it on Treasury Direct.

Ally is my primary bank. I have some index funds with Schwab. I do have a local brick and mortar just in case but only hold the minimum in it.