Official Power Book III: Raising Kanan Season 1 Thread

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Theres a difference.

Buck20 was just a regular street cat, They get clapped all the time (Just a another nygga dead)

Killin a cop (Detective) comes with consequences YOU KNOW that precinct bout to investigate that shyt
all day and night.

furthermore, buck20 was someone who kanan aint even like. Had his girl and was on his mom's block. aint even have to think about pullin the trigger there.

also Marvin started off the episode shooting at nikkas in front of a school, killing one, then killing his "mans" and burning the whip, THEN wants to start talmbout god's wrath :russ:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
sure, but at least in Power's history when they dealt with a guy who was messing with a little girl, they were WAY more on the nose with it. Dude was hanging outside schools and shyt, texting the sausage to her and allat. Marvin just been a fukkup who's always eating.

Hell, 9 episodes through the first season, how many scenes have we seen between Marvin and Jukebox? this gotta be within the first 3, right? Marv aint give off any creepass vibes, just the happy go lucky dude at first who's now burdened with a lot.

Juke becomes heartless but i highly doubt it'd be due to something like THAT. the seed's already been planted between the death of nicole and her not even blaming kanan, but it really boils down to...

Kanan at least has a mother who looks out for him in his own fukked up ways. Juke's been ripping and running and being pretty much dolo the entire time. Raq and Lou Lou help out when they can, but she aint really with em like that. She's practically parentless, definitely moreso after this past episode.

Juke's expressions never seem demonic to me, but rather empty. like not knowing how to process all of the shyt thats happening around her. Which, in a way, is a bit more demonic...

she damn near went feral against Marvin so whatever she feels, she feels hard as fukk
Man ole girl can really act her ass off the whole vibe she gives off adds up perfectly with the Jukebox we meet down the line.

I told y'all complaining ass nikkas that everything doesn't have to move at a high speed. The payoff we got was worth it. I don't think anybody actually expected the hit to be for Omar Epps, that shyt had me confused for a minute.

This show has the best writing and storytelling of the whole Power universe, and most importantly, it's the most believable. We still don't need to suspend disbelief to enjoy the show. So far, all the things happening are legit possible in real life. I love the fact the show ain't all off the rails with extra unnecessary unrealistic shyt. That's dope.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
The last 2 episodes are the best from the whole Power Universe. This last one is #1 for sure. Writing, emotion, camera work, acting, everything.

This was a whole ass Gangsta Episode not Gangsta Soap Opera.

When Kanan put that jacket on I swear to God he looked like 50. The whole Raq manipulating him angle can go in so many ways. Can't wait for the Season finale and then the next Season to see where it goes.

And yet again Marv stole the show. He is a hot mess with good intentions. The way I see the whole choking his daughter thing is like some trauma from his ex wife, combined with the shock of learning he missed his daughter being a lebanese, the sadness of yet again seeing he's blind/non existent in his daughter life - like when he learned she can rap her ass off, the street stress, the spit in his face...the man was going through some thangs.

I want the only real G from the show to be good man :mjcry: The man plays the role of a old school G down to perfection.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Word. This would only be three years after Pappy Mason and the Beebos took out Edward Byrne so you know the heat is gonna be crazy.
:ohhh:

But history repeats itself, they never learn
The Unit's the new Bebo's, who gon' be Eddie Byrne?

I rarely heard the uncut version of this joint and didn't bother to research it :wow:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
furthermore, buck20 was someone who kanan aint even like. Had his girl and was on his mom's block. aint even have to think about pullin the trigger there.

also Marvin started off the episode shooting at nikkas in front of a school, killing one, then killing his "mans" and burning the whip, THEN wants to start talmbout god's wrath :russ:

It was a mall.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
The last 2 episodes are the best from the whole Power Universe. This last one is #1 for sure. Writing, emotion, camera work, acting, everything.

This was a whole ass Gangsta Episode not Gangsta Soap Opera.

When Kanan put that jacket on I swear to God he looked like 50. The whole Raq manipulating him angle can go in so many ways. Can't wait for the Season finale and then the next Season to see where it goes.

And yet again Marv stole the show. He is a hot mess with good intentions. The way I see the whole choking his daughter thing is like some trauma from his ex wife, combined with the shock of learning he missed his daughter being a lebanese, the sadness of yet again seeing he's blind/non existent in his daughter life - like when he learned she can rap her ass off, the street stress, the spit in his face...the man was going through some thangs.

I want the only real G from the show to be good man :mjcry: The man plays the role of a old school G down to perfection.
:whoa: y’all gotta slow down. This last episode was definitely good, but OG Power had 4-5 seasons worth of AMAZING episodes. Nothing is touching them at this moment.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa: y’all gotta slow down. This last episode was definitely good, but OG Power had 4-5 seasons worth of AMAZING episodes. Nothing is touching them at this moment.

Im starting to prefer the 90s era. Once they bring in Ghost, Tommy and Breeze, this jawn might end up better. On another note, someone on Twitter said Unique and Worrell are the 90s version of Dre and 2 Bit and now I can’t unsee it :russ:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Marvin went too far with what he did to Juke. That shyt was uncalled for but a great scene and great acting from both. The actress playing Juke really made it seem like she was being chocked.

I didn’t like Unique’s speech, came off corny especially juxtaposed with Raq’s speech to Kanaan.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man ole girl can really act her ass off the whole vibe she gives off adds up perfectly with the Jukebox we meet down the line.

I told y'all complaining ass nikkas that everything doesn't have to move at a high speed. The payoff we got was worth it. I don't think anybody actually expected the hit to be for Omar Epps, that shyt had me confused for a minute.

This show has the best writing and storytelling of the whole Power universe, and most importantly, it's the most believable. We still don't need to suspend disbelief to enjoy the show. So far, all the things happening are legit possible in real life. I love the fact the show ain't all off the rails with extra unnecessary unrealistic shyt. That's dope.
Dog the show sucks outside of Jukebox. It's supposed to be about Kanan. I don't give a fukk about Kanan which means it's a bad show,

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikkas think Marvin is gonna rape Jukebox :gucci: Please stop watching Game of Thrones ASAP. Marvin was just upset his daughter like girls, his sister got him taking orders like a gump and his wife was the hoe from I Got A Story to Tell. Nothing more. Nothing less.
It happens...

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
got me thinking.....

might be rooting for the wrong side

Unique and his nikkas seem to have everything together.

the bulletproof whips, the jewelry, the custom gucci jackets :wow:

Maybe Raq and em' really gotta go :ld: :manny:
Nah fukk that.

As trash as Raq’s organization is, and as dumb as she is plus her dumb ass son and one dumb ass brother, I’ve come to the realization that Unique’s team is even MORE trash for not being able to easily take them out when they’ve got every advantage possible.