Official Power Book III: Raising Kanan Season 1 Thread

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The last 2 episodes are the best from the whole Power Universe. This last one is #1 for sure. Writing, emotion, camera work, acting, everything.

This was a whole ass Gangsta Episode not Gangsta Soap Opera.

When Kanan put that jacket on I swear to God he looked like 50. The whole Raq manipulating him angle can go in so many ways. Can't wait for the Season finale and then the next Season to see where it goes.

And yet again Marv stole the show. He is a hot mess with good intentions. The way I see the whole choking his daughter thing is like some trauma from his ex wife, combined with the shock of learning he missed his daughter being a lebanese, the sadness of yet again seeing he's blind/non existent in his daughter life - like when he learned she can rap her ass off, the street stress, the spit in his face...the man was going through some thangs.

I want the only real G from the show to be good man :mjcry: The man plays the role of a old school G down to perfection.
The way I saw the choking thing was simply she spit on him and that’s the automatic reaction. Simple. All of those other feelings probably contributed to his breakdown after.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Dog the show sucks outside of Jukebox. It's supposed to be about Kanan. I don't give a fukk about Kanan which means it's a bad show,
I ain't ask you for your bytch ass opinion you fukk ass nikka. Get the fukk out my face before I slap the shyt out you dawg. The fukk is wrong with you.

Dont ever run up on me yelling like that again, bytch ass nikka :camby:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
:whoa: y’all gotta slow down. This last episode was definitely good, but OG Power had 4-5 seasons worth of AMAZING episodes. Nothing is touching them at this moment.
The OG Power was good for 3 seasons, but the writing and acting was always ok at best. Power was full of 1 dimensional characters with absolutely no depth to them.

The acrors, writing, and characters on this shyt makes the OG Power look like garbage.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The OG Power was good for 3 seasons, but the writing and acting was always ok at best. Power was full of 1 dimensional characters with absolutely no depth to them.

The acrors, writing, and characters on this shyt makes the OG Power look like garbage.

They got more money, better actors. I always thought Tommy was a shytty actor.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I think I kinda confused myself, but was it an intentional fake out to the viewers to make us think Raq was sending Kanan to kill Nique?

O Epps being there threw me off lol, I was thinking he was trying to talk Kanan out of killing Nique before Kanan went in the building :mjlol:.

So the writers wanted is to think Raq sent Kanan after Nique correct?

Yeah, they definitely wanted people to think she was sending him to kill Unique but I knew she was lining him up to kill Omar.

Gotta be the worst mother of all time sending your son to not only kill his father but a sworn police officer :gucci:

Man ole girl can really act her ass off the whole vibe she gives off adds up perfectly with the Jukebox we meet down the line.

I told y'all complaining ass nikkas that everything doesn't have to move at a high speed. The payoff we got was worth it. I don't think anybody actually expected the hit to be for Omar Epps, that shyt had me confused for a minute.

This show has the best writing and storytelling of the whole Power universe, and most importantly, it's the most believable. We still don't need to suspend disbelief to enjoy the show. So far, all the things happening are legit possible in real life. I love the fact the show ain't all off the rails with extra unnecessary unrealistic shyt. That's dope.
nah I knew exactly who she was sending kanan to kill. Kanan would never be able to get up close to unique. So the 2 in the chest and 1 in the head and getting up close didn’t make sense

Omar guard would also be down for kanan so he would be easy to catch slipping

kills multiple birds with one stone, kills him and shows the connect that she ain’t with the feds, protects kanan secret of who his father is

protects from kanan cooking up the bad batch

pins it on unique

And Omar only cares about kanan cause of his kidney, fukk him

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Cat that plays Marvin would be perfect to play Sweat Pea/Pernell Whitaker in a biopic :wow:
mind-blow-galaxy.gif

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Dog the show sucks outside of Jukebox. It's supposed to be about Kanan. I don't give a fukk about Kanan which means it's a bad show,

I think I'll like the Kanan aspect more when Kanan starts to be less dependant on his mom.

But I think Lou Lou and Marvin are good characters too

They got more money, better actors. I always thought Tommy was a shytty actor.

Tommy's character was just too cartoonish if anything, including his accent

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
nah I knew exactly who she was sending kanan to kill. Kanan would never be able to get up close to unique. So the 2 in the chest and 1 in the head and getting up close didn’t make sense

Omar guard would also be down for kanan so he would be easy to catch slipping

kills multiple birds with one stone, kills him and shows the connect that she ain’t with the feds, protects kanan secret of who his father is

protects from kanan cooking up the bad batch

pins it on unique

And Omar only cares about kanan cause of his kidney, fukk him

:russ: bone marrow....ya'll brehs really sat thru 9 episodes and be missing the most basic stuff