Official sewing thread

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
It’s a good sewing machine for a beginner, like myself. I will say that it’s been a minute since I last sewed something, but I plan on getting back to it again soon.
I think mine hated me lol. It would jam on me something fierce, but I think it was because I worked with rayon challis.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I bought it in August. It's still useful since my Kenmore doesn't have a buttonholer (old school equivalent to a button hole foot).
Oh ok I see. I’ve had mine for like 4 years, but I haven’t used it as much as I wanted to. Hopefully that changes this year. *crosses fingers* I had to order replacement sewing feet on Brother’s website since I lost the ones that came with it when I first got the machine. How do you like your Kenmore machine?

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Oh ok I see. I’ve had mine for like 4 years, but I haven’t used it as much as I wanted to. Hopefully that changes this year. *crosses fingers* I had to order replacement sewing feet on Brother’s website since I lost the ones that came with it when I first got the machine. How do you like your Kenmore machine?
:damn: Presser feet prices drive me nuts sometimes. I like my Kenmore so far, I had to buy replacement feet for it since it only had the straight stitch foot. I'm still learning about everything it can do, but it's got some interesting features, this thing is making blind hem stitches in reverse (it's not broken, it's supposed to do that), presser foot pressure has been so helpful when working with super lightweight fabrics. I might see if I can find a walking foot for it. :lupe:

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Last edited:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thank you everyone for the information! Im gong to check out some of these beginner videos.