Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah I just don't get how you can say vulture was spectacular when his turn from worker to villain was so bad and rushed would be an understatement.

It was like damn,I need money,guess I'm a murderer now :yeshrug: his flimsy excuse monologue didn't feel earned the more I think about it. Nothing about vulture felt earned or developed

Score did nothing for me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I just don't get how you can say vulture was spectacular when his turn from worker to villain was so bad and rushed would be an understatement.

It was like damn,I need money,guess I'm a murderer now :yeshrug: his flimsy excuse monologue didn't feel earned the more I think about it. Nothing about vulture felt earned or developed

Score did nothing for me.

Wasn't rushed to me:manny: Although I understand the argument so most of him being spectacular has to do with Keaton's performance plus the scenes he does have. The car scene alone puts him on that level for me. Like not even on some comic book shyt but just on a performance level, I fukk with what he was doing and that scene especially. Like I said, menacing, dangerous, focused, and driven by one goal and one goal only. Even in the end the reason he didn't finish Pete off when he had the chance is because he took his eye off that ball and back to his original goal which was eventually his undoing. Would it have been better to see him over those 8 years? Hell yes but based on what they did and what Keaton had to work with, he knocked it out of the park.

Also I don't see the speech as forced since its just a continuation of everything he'd already been preaching to that point. He got stepped on by the big guys in scene one and was pushed further when Bokeem said the same guys getting paid to clean up the mess are the ones who made it. Clearly those two scenes informed his worldview

And yeah I can't even argue with you on the score:russ: all I can say is "shyt rocks" and leave it at that. Music is even more subjective than film and at least it wasn't Drake

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
HVcp4vo.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Adrian Toomis was a hard working man...... 8 YEARS LATER he became the Vulture

8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER

8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER

8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER
8 YEARS LATER

did anyone notice how 8 YEARS LATER he became the Vulture

Martha

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Wasn't rushed to me:manny: Although I understand the argument so most of him being spectacular has to do with Keaton's performance plus the scenes he does have. The car scene alone puts him on that level for me. Like not even on some comic book shyt but just on a performance level, I fukk with what he was doing and that scene especially. Like I said, menacing, dangerous, focused, and driven by one goal and one goal only. Even in the end the reason he didn't finish Pete off when he had the chance is because he took his eye off that ball and back to his original goal which was eventually his undoing. Would it have been better to see him over those 8 years? Hell yes but based on what they did and what Keaton had to work with, he knocked it out of the park

And yeah I can't even argue with you on the score:russ: all I can say is "shyt rocks" and leave it at that. Music is even more subjective than film and at least it wasn't Drake
How can you say it wasn't rushed? There's no build up at all. He literally goes from worker to villain without hesitation.

People lose jobs every day,they don't become arms dealing murderers at the drop of a hat because of it.

His only motivation is money,not exactly interesting.

I'm fine with Keaton's performance but the writing was really forced and not believable.

Like I said theres just no build to him. It's snap of a finger he's a villain and then shoe horn in a monologue trying to justify his actions.

And action wise he was a let down because the fight scene on the plane was poorly filmed with it being so dark and having quick cuts,reminded me of the mummy.

He's not terrible,but I thought he was completely wasted. He had tons of potential but there was just no meat on the bone.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How can you say it wasn't rushed? There's no build up at all. He literally goes from worker to villain without hesitation.

People lose jobs every day,they don't become arms dealing murderers at the drop of a hat because of it.

His only motivation is money,not exactly interesting.

I'm fine with Keaton's performance but the writing was really forced and not believable.

Like I said theres just no build to him. It's snap of a finger he's a villain and then shoe horn in a monologue trying to justify his actions.

And action wise he was a let down because the fight scene on the plane was poorly filmed with it being so dark and having quick cuts,reminded me of the mummy.

He's not terrible,but I thought he was completely wasted.

His motivation is money for the family. I never said it was interesting motivation just said it was clear and understandable. I get it, I get the why, I get what he wants and I get why Peter and guys like Peter are in the way. You're right not everyone decides to do that at the drop of a hat but like I said before, I equate it more to a drug dealer than just me or you if we lost a job. You've got to be in a desperate situation to decide to sell weapons on the black market which is all he saw it as. If Tony can get rich selling weapons to criminals and terrorists why can't I sell weapons to the guys on the block? Like I said, it ain't perfect but that doesn't mean it's not good or even great. Perfect would be if we skipped the fast forward and got more progression with him but never let perfect be the enemy of good. It's no different than his comic counterpart who loses his job after being treated unfairly and decides to get revenge on the world instantly at moments notice just because he feels like the shyt is owed to him. Most spider man villains have a sense of entitlement about them which always works against their favor in the end.

My main thing was to understand why he was doing what he was doing, get his point of view, and understand what would lead a man to do what he's doing and I got all of that purely from what we saw on screen along with his performance. Family was the number one important thing and he had his back against the wall, so he did what he had to do to make sure they never wanted for anything and the movie goes out of its way to make sure thats abundantly clear.

As far as the fight scenes go though, I'm not as astute on that area of filmmaking so I'm going to cede that one to you lol. You want me to critique some writing and storytelling, I'm your man. But framing and shot composition, etc, I'm a bit out of my league

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
A lot of the movie seemed forced like they are trying way to hard to be that John Hughes-comic book collaboration. Lot of the jokes came off corny and forced and Tom Holland is not good as a leading actor he kind of killed the movie for me at moments.

And it was way too many random characters and forced interactions. The whole Aaron Davis scene was boring. Happy Hogan was useless. Also that damn talking computer in his costume was so whack and forced to me.

I don't know maybe my expectations were to high.
That ending was lame too. He literally just watched Vilture accidentally murk himself.

Hopefully Thor is good.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
His motivation is money for the family. I never said it was interesting motivation just said it was clear and understandable. I get it, I get the why, I get what he wants and I get why Peter and guys like Peter are in the way. You're right not everyone decides to do that at the drop of a hat but like I said before, I equate it more to a drug dealer than just me or you if we lost a job. You've got to be in a desperate situation to decide to sell weapons on the black market which is all he saw it as. If Tony can get rich selling weapons to criminals and terrorists why can't I sell weapons to the guys on the block? Like I said, it ain't perfect but that doesn't mean it's not good or even great. Perfect would be if we skipped the fast forward and got more progression with him but never let perfect be the enemy of good. My main thing was to understand why he was doing what he was doing, get his point of view, and understand what would lead a man to do what he's doing and I got all of that purely from what we saw on screen along with his performance. Family was the number one important thing and he had his back against the wall, so he did what he had to do to make sure they never wanted for anything and the movie goes out of its way to make sure thats abundantly clear.
That's such a dime a dozen story though :yeshrug:

They had something with Keaton's performance,but his story,build and character was just so...generic. He was a serviceable villain but I wanted more than that.

It's actually frustrating me because I felt like they really had something and let it slip through their grasp because they rushed his entire arc to the point where I was :manny: instead of :wow:

To call him spectacular is a disservice to actual spectacular villains because when you say that, I think of the genres best,and he just doesn't stack up.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's such a dime a dozen story though :yeshrug:

They had something with Keaton's performance,but his story,build and character was just so...generic. He was a serviceable villain but I wanted more than that.

It's actually frustrating me because I felt like they really had something and let it slip through their grasp because they rushed his entire arc to the point where I was :manny: instead of :wow:

To call him spectacular is a disservice to actual spectacular villains because when you say that, I think of the genres best,and he just doesn't stack up.

Well thats where we disagree breh. I wouldn't put him on Joker's level but I'm also not putting him on...whoever the fukk Thor dealt with in Thor 2 or Ultron or the enchantress level. I'd put him next on Loki's level which is a tier under joker and Doc Ock for me but I also don't think we agree on every villain performance we think is spectacular or great so there's that too. And it might be a dime a dozen story but its also vulture's story: A guy who felt he was fukked over by everyone and decided to get back at them.

Most of spider-man's villains have that story where they feel wronged by society. Eddie's is the only one with an interesting backstory because it involves Peter and revolves around Peter's decisions probably more than Eddie's. Carnage is a serial killer, Ock got screwed over, Electro got screwed over, Mysterio got screwed over, and Norman is a psychopath. Eddie, as much as it hurts my soul to say, has the most interesting story.

I thought he was much much more than serviceable. He worked for me even better the 2nd time. :manny: that's all I got :russ:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well thats where we disagree breh. I wouldn't put him on Joker's level but I'm also not putting him on...whoever the fukk Thor dealt with in Thor 2 or Ultron or the enchantress level. I'd put him next on Loki's level which is a tier under joker and Doc Ock for me but I also don't think we agree on every villain performance we think is spectacular or great so there's that too.

I thought he was much much more than serviceable. He worked for me even better the 2nd time. :manny: that's all I got :russ:
:jbhmm:

:patrice:

Iron man 3 still sucks.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:jbhmm:

:patrice:

Iron man 3 still sucks.

I added some shyt I thought of: Eddie is the one villain in his stable with an actually interesting backstory and origin story. The rest of them are mostly dime a dozen. They were all "wronged" by society and decided to get their revenge. Former scientists or workers who got fukked over by their superiors and decided to take it out on the rest of the world. Eddie is the one guy who's got some tragedy to his story and it all revolves around Peter. Peter's pointed it out to all of them on separate occasions as well. The world bit them on the ass and they got mad at the world instead of doing good with their gifts. It's both a fault in how Stan and Steve and John created them but also a good thing for simplicity sake (I guess). Norman is also another guy who didn't get fukked over, he's just a psychopath but the rest of them dudes have boring ass origins and history. What makes them great is the threat level posed to the good guy and how well they carry out that threat.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I added some shyt I thought of: Eddie is the one villain in his stable with an actually interesting backstory and origin story. The rest of them are mostly dime a dozen. They were all "wronged" by society and decided to get their revenge. Former scientists or workers who got fukked over by their superiors and decided to take it out on the rest of the world. Eddie is the one guy who's got some tragedy to his story and it all revolves around Peter. Peter's pointed it out to all of them on separate occasions as well. The world bit them on the ass and they got mad at the world instead of doing good with their gifts. It's both a fault in how Stan and Steve and John created them but also a good thing for simplicity sake (I guess). Norman is also another guy who didn't get fukked over, he's just a psychopath but the rest of them dudes have boring ass origins and history. What makes them great is the threat level posed to the good guy and how well they carry out that threat.
I think vulture could have stepped up in the action scenes. His design was dope.

But they felt it more important to recreate iconic scenes/moments from other films rather than create their own. That was disappointing.

And yeah you're right,that's why I love venom personally. Hell I love carnage just because he's ruthless and the personification of evil.

Most Spidey villains while iconic aren't that interesting as characters.

I'd like see them tackle sinister six.