Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:dead:

Let's be honest, most of these matchups are trash. Cal vs Rex? :gag:

If there was a way I could just pay to see Big T vs O Red I'd pay to see that instead of the entire SM3 card. :ld:

Either that or nikkas is waiting for those "early bird" tickets.

BTW, how do you know they only sold 309 tickets so far?
My nikka who is in advertisement is there at a conference call they're holding. Smack told them how many they've sold so far

Someone at the conference told Smack this is the Tech 9 of battle of events lol

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
My nikka who is in advertisement is there at a conference call they're holding. Smack told them how many they've sold so far

Someone at the conference told Smack this is the Tech 9 of battle of events lol

Cot damn at that either :dead:

Please tell me that conference will be YouTubed.

If you really think about it these matchups are fukking horrible brehs.

Who the fukk wants to see:
Ars vs K Shine??
Rex vs Cal?? Two nikkas who say the same shyt every battle? I swear these dudes are mirror images in terms of approaches to battles.
Tay Roc vs Ill Will?? Who the hell told Smack Ill is that nice anyway? Dude should be still having PG battles. GTFOH
Jaz vs Hustle? :beli:
Day vs Swave? Day's SM3 trailer has more dislikes than likes. Nobody wants to see this nikka on the SM3 stage.

I swear, JC vs TODD and T vs Red is the reason they sold 300 tickets so far.

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
well names sell events. but that is what smack has to do. if it gets to the point where he drops 40k for lux, as much as many would act like he the only one that deserves that, nobody else with a ton of credentials is going to settle for that just because a few fans ride lux.

you open pandora's box and now, hitman, con, verb, ars, hollow, dna, clips, surf and a few others will demand a ton of more money. and it will be tit for tat so for lux it will be "well jay tweeted me" and big t can say well 50 said im his favorite, and con can say well im on wild and out reppin the url name, and hitman can say im the most viewed battle rapper in the game and dna can say well durant is my biggest fan and so on and so on. and battle rap just not big enough to drop that type of money on these dudes

so its experimental. but the kicker is, if all these battles drop and many classics come out of them,then smack just raised the stakes on them vets who want all that money because now the stars from 2 sm3 he can sell for the brand and keep it pushing. now if a ton of bad battles come out then it forces smack to drop that dust for those names again.

the expectations are really low, which means the possibility for multiple classics are huge.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Lux did bring people to watching URL, but Smack brand was on it's way before, Lux battle just pushed it more mainstream faster because it got everyone talking. Even tho I didn't think SM 2 was that great overall, it really helped the name recognition of the Smack brand immensely. Way more than the first one.
This is what Im saying, He helped get it the mainstream look and brought it closer to the tv screen

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
well names sell events. but that is what smack has to do. if it gets to the point where he drops 40k for lux, as much as many would act like he the only one that deserves that, nobody else with a ton of credentials is going to settle for that just because a few fans ride lux.

you open pandora's box and now, hitman, con, verb, ars, hollow, dna, clips, surf and a few others will demand a ton of more money. and it will be tit for tat so for lux it will be "well jay tweeted me" and big t can say well 50 said im his favorite, and con can say well im on wild and out reppin the url name, and hitman can say im the most viewed battle rapper in the game and dna can say well durant is my biggest fan and so on and so on. and battle rap just not big enough to drop that type of money on these dudes

so its experimental. but the kicker is, if all these battles drop and many classics come out of them,then smack just raised the stakes on them vets who want all that money because now the stars from 2 sm3 he can sell for the brand and keep it pushing. now if a ton of bad battles come out then it forces smack to drop that dust for those names again.

the expectations are really low, which means the possibility for multiple classics are huge.
They problem is these battlers have these issues why they can't ask for the money Lux is asking for

1) They spread themselves too thin. They do 3-4 Smack cards a year at 7-10K a pop, plus aside from a few, most do battles in other leagues. Not in every field but in this one, the more battles you do the more it lowers your value. This is why Ars and Diz went from the biggest draws to barely breaking 500-600 Ks in their battles now, with their pays decreasing immensely.

2) With Lux, they know it's a one time payment of 35K for his one battle for the year. These other guys get 35K for one battle, they not going back to 8 K. So Smack can't set that precedent especially when it's battlers that top out at 1 million views. Lux is at 3 million with Calicoe in under a year. It'll probably be at 5 million this time next year. And his next battle would probably generate the same amount of views if not more. Nobody else on the scene is able to do that.

3) You get paid what you generate. In a perfect world, if the work you put in correlated with views then JC, O-Red , B Magic, etc... would all be getting paid a lot. But they barely get 1-2K a battle. I don't think JC has even seen that much for a battle. You can't pay people for effort in this business. It's not much different then mainstream rap, just graded on a different scale. In rap business, it's based off album sales what you mean to the record company. In battle it's views and how many tickets are being sold cause your name is on the flier. These guys who built the brand like Hitman, Surf, Verb, Hollow, Cortez, Calicoe, T-Rex, Big T, etc...all can sell a lot of tickets and get a lot of views. The problem comes in where they don't transcend passed the core fan base. Sure they all have stars like Eminem and Kevin Durant as their fans, but they are going to watch anyway. Lux brings in a whole different demographic that will watch just cause he's in the battle just because of the buzz he created with the Calicoe battle. Now that value has a short shelf life. Eventually after he has but so many battles, people won't care about a new Lux battle and he'll come back to the mean. That's why I think he's smart enough to know he has maybe 1-2 more major paydays left. And at this point his value won't get any higher, so it's no point in not asking for the most you can now, cause eventually that money won't be there.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
They problem is these battlers have these issues why they can't ask for the money Lux is asking for

1) They spread themselves too thin. They do 3-4 Smack cards a year at 7-10K a pop, plus aside from a few, most do battles in other leagues. Not in every field but in this one, the more battles you do the more it lowers your value. This is why Ars and Diz went from the biggest draws to barely breaking 500-600 Ks in their battles now, with their pays decreasing immensely.

2) With Lux, they know it's a one time payment of 35K for his one battle for the year. These other guys get 35K for one battle, they not going back to 8 K. So Smack can't set that precedent especially when it's battlers that top out at 1 million views. Lux is at 3 million with Calicoe in under a year. It'll probably be at 5 million this time next year. And his next battle would probably generate the same amount of views if not more. Nobody else on the scene is able to do that.

3) You get paid what you generate. In a perfect world, if the work you put in correlated with views then JC, O-Red , B Magic, etc... would all be getting paid a lot. But they barely get 1-2K a battle. I don't think JC has even seen that much for a battle. You can't pay people for effort in this business. It's not much different then mainstream rap, just graded on a different scale. In rap business, it's based off album sales what you mean to the record company. In battle it's views and how many tickets are being sold cause your name is on the flier. These guys who built the brand like Hitman, Surf, Verb, Hollow, Cortez, Calicoe, T-Rex, Big T, etc...all can sell a lot of tickets and get a lot of views. The problem comes in where they don't transcend passed the core fan base. Sure they all have stars like Eminem and Kevin Durant as their fans, but they are going to watch anyway. Lux brings in a whole different demographic that will watch just cause he's in the battle just because of the buzz he created with the Calicoe battle. Now that value has a short shelf life. Eventually after he has but so many battles, people won't care about a new Lux battle and he'll come back to the mean. That's why I think he's smart enough to know he has maybe 1-2 more major paydays left. And at this point his value won't get any higher, so it's no point in not asking for the most you can now, cause eventually that money won't be there.
fresh you my man, but everything you said is all opinion and can not be proven to be fact

if it was, then smack would have no issue dropping the 40k to lux. there is a business behind it, and its a reason smack reluctant as hell to pay that much for the battle. i tend to use the common sense on it. smack is believed to be a fair business man and i never hear of anyone complaining about that. so now all of a sudden smack want to rip these guys off? he the first to drop that type of money consistently for these guys and showing them that the brand has gotten bigger so i can cut a bigger check to yall. so then what is it about lux if yall swear that he generating so much to smack?

and its simple, 3 million views dont mean as much as yall hold to it. it brings in minimal revenue. jay tweeting lux and lux getting on howard stern brings in no revenue. lux is a champion in ny, and he basically benefited from being in a ny market. the hot boys or tony scofield in chicago didnt request to interview lux.

are yall really attempting to tell me that lux 3 mill on youtube is delivering more exposure to smack than the uff on bet and con on wild and out? really fam?

as far as views, i purposely didnt use guys like o red and jc as examples because i know right now they dont generate that type of viewership

but can you really act like 3 mill views is smoking verb and hitman 2.3 mill? and mind you that got those views with out the addition of what was generated from world star. your case can be made towards jc, ored, b magic, but hollow, hitman, verb, ars, con dna, calicoe, rex, are all guys who generate major views consistently and can make major claims why they deserve a huge pay raise if you giving lux one. you cant deny that. because your opinion is that they spread themselves too thin, it does not mean that will work in terms of negotiations with them. so now what will be the recourse they have to do less battles and really piss the fans off in order to get 40k? is this really where you want this to go?

i stick to what i been saying, what lux has to do is 2 things if he wants 40k. he either has to get smack to book a larger venue and show that he himself as the start can pack more people in that venue, or he has to hope somebody like puff or jay just want to see him vs hollow that bad skip out on buying that tennis bracelet and drop 60k for him vs hollow. cause im telling you hollow as a man, is not going to watch lux get 40k, like his name dont mean nothing and he just accept 10k. especially if he walks away from the battle and is presumed the winner. he damn going to want a hell of a payday then. at least 20k.

but with that pay out, it will have to be them not expecting to get they money back on that.cause again with only 3 mill views you cant count on that being a major instrument for advertisements and because smack at most get 2k people in s.o.b's then they cant expect they money back from ticket sales. so it would have to be a dude dropping the money cause they just really want to see the battle vs them making a investment. only under those 2 circumstances can that battle go down. unless smack going to charge 300$ per ticket and you dudes pay it. other than that it makes no sense.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can understand going with lesser names to save money and relying on smaller names to put on great performances but there is no excuse for arsonal vs k-shine being on that card. that battle is 100% going to be a barless borefest. it actually brings negative value to the card. not to mention i doubt either of them are particularly cheap anyways.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
fresh you my man, but everything you said is all opinion and can not be proven to be fact

if it was, then smack would have no issue dropping the 40k to lux. there is a business behind it, and its a reason smack reluctant as hell to pay that much for the battle. i tend to use the common sense on it. smack is believed to be a fair business man and i never hear of anyone complaining about that. so now all of a sudden smack want to rip these guys off? he the first to drop that type of money consistently for these guys and showing them that the brand has gotten bigger so i can cut a bigger check to yall. so then what is it about lux if yall swear that he generating so much to smack?

and its simple, 3 million views dont mean as much as yall hold to it. it brings in minimal revenue. jay tweeting lux and lux getting on howard stern brings in no revenue. lux is a champion in ny, and he basically benefited from being in a ny market. the hot boys or tony scofield in chicago didnt request to interview lux.

are yall really attempting to tell me that lux 3 mill on youtube is delivering more exposure to smack than the uff on bet and con on wild and out? really fam?

as far as views, i purposely didnt use guys like o red and jc as examples because i know right now they dont generate that type of viewership

but can you really act like 3 mill views is smoking verb and hitman 2.3 mill? and mind you that got those views with out the addition of what was generated from world star. your case can be made towards jc, ored, b magic, but hollow, hitman, verb, ars, con dna, calicoe, rex, are all guys who generate major views consistently and can make major claims why they deserve a huge pay raise if you giving lux one. you cant deny that. because your opinion is that they spread themselves too thin, it does not mean that will work in terms of negotiations with them. so now what will be the recourse they have to do less battles and really piss the fans off in order to get 40k? is this really where you want this to go?

i stick to what i been saying, what lux has to do is 2 things if he wants 40k. he either has to get smack to book a larger venue and show that he himself as the start can pack more people in that venue, or he has to hope somebody like puff or jay just want to see him vs hollow that bad skip out on buying that tennis bracelet and drop 60k for him vs hollow. cause im telling you hollow as a man, is not going to watch lux get 40k, like his name dont mean nothing and he just accept 10k. especially if he walks away from the battle and is presumed the winner. he damn going to want a hell of a payday then. at least 20k.

but with that pay out, it will have to be them not expecting to get they money back on that.cause again with only 3 mill views you cant count on that being a major instrument for advertisements and because smack at most get 2k people in s.o.b's then they cant expect they money back from ticket sales. so it would have to be a dude dropping the money cause they just really want to see the battle vs them making a investment. only under those 2 circumstances can that battle go down. unless smack going to charge 300$ per ticket and you dudes pay it. other than that it makes no sense.

:ohlawd:

That was gospel.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I will say this is a golden opportunity for leagues like kotd and the uw

They drop that bag and make lux vs hollow and mook vs surf happen that immediately places them number 1 in the game

Not going to lie if I'm kotd I do it

They can make they money back through pay per view

I just tell the fans I'm not dropping a hd version on YouTube for close to a year to make sure I sell more buys on the pay per view and for the download

Of course the bootleg will spin but many will drop that money for the quality

I know I wouldn't want to see those battles in bootleg I would drop a few dollars for a good quality of those battles

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Totally agree... this is a great chance for KOTD.