Official Summer Madness 3 Card

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Can't even get mad at lux for his asking price, one battle and pushed battle rap into a different light :manny: And you got mook right next to you askin for 50 and his last battle was ass.

How did he push battle rap into a different light with a battle that got 3 million views? Breh stop being a mindless sheep. Battle rap was on the rise with or without a nikka who has battles once in like 8 years. Lux didn't put URL on BET, etc. nikka can't even keep his own league afloat. :yeshrug:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How did he push battle rap into a different light with a battle that got 3 million views? Breh stop being a mindless sheep. Battle rap was on the rise with or without a nikka who has battles once in like 8 years. Lux didn't put URL on BET, etc. nikka can't even keep his own league afloat. :yeshrug:
Lux battle is what put alot of new people on to battle rap I know Many people who got into battle rap purely off that battle. shyt I was posting on another forum and found that this battle forum existed through that battle :russ: You can't deny the exposure that battle gave battle rap. Right after that u got conceited on wild n out, url on BET. Not sayin he's the only cause, but he did alot.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Lux battle is what put alot of new people on to battle rap I know Many people who got into battle rap purely off that battle. shyt I was posting on another forum and found that this battle forum existed through that battle :russ: You can't deny the exposure that battle gave battle rap. Right after that u got conceited on wild n out, url on BET. Not sayin he's the only cause, but he did alot.

Whether Lux faced Cal or not, URL was still going to be on BET and Con was gonna be on wild n out. You're given Lux too much credit for a video that got 3 million views over a years time. Did he attract some people? Of course. But he didn't do anything for Con, Smack and battle rap business wise or popularity wise. Why do you guys act like this train wasn't already moving way before Lux even stepped foot back in the ring?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

SMFH.....Dude you just said it yourself.....3 million views!. There's no other battle in the URL since the league started that has touched those numbers. Name another battle....hell even one round from anybody on the card that received as much attention as Lux's 3rd?. It was a who's who of industry artists that watched that sh!t and tweeted about it. Ain't nobody else in battle rap gain that type of recognition yet. That was an amazing look for battle rap as a whole, it wasn't just lux doing what he did. That opened up the door for people to really start paying attention to battle rap even more. I don't know about where your from, but the majority of people that never really got into battle rap, or haven't seen it in years....have watched that lux vs cal battle, and instantly wanted to see more from culture. This coming from the same dude, that started a league that gave almost everybody we know today a shot at trying to get their name out there. The Con sh!t has nothing to do with this....Mic was kinda reachin' on that one lol!. The UFF sh!t could of possibly been sparked by the lux vs cal battle though. Just to give it that extra push to get it going.

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Like Cornercommish has said.. In the grand scheme of things, 3 million views is nothing in the world of YouTube and advertisement. Cats( actual cats) who play instruments get 50 million YouTube views. :yeshrug:

Battle rap is at its highest point now because of the leagues like URL & KOTD, and the battlers who have been consistently battling over the last 2-3 years. Shout out to Hitman, Surf, Diz, Verb, Rex, Math, and all the other battlers who actually put in that work to make battle rap what it is today.

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Queenz
Jay Z never tweeted no1 else battle quote.. Rick ross n others said get dat work even cassidy in da diss to meek.. Lol ninjas from my hood who wasnt even into battle rap like dat was all into it once it came out on worldstar hiphop.. Every1 over here in ny for hot 97 n power105 kept talkin bout lux..

Da diz vs canibus was on a negative light since canibus needed notepad n battlerap was type lookin bad in mainstream eyes.. Lux battle made it into a postitive light..

Regardless stop da hate on lux.. Only thing to hate on him now is y he duckin Hollow cuz of da 40k bs lol

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I live in NY, so please don't try to tell what nikkas was talking about out here. Lets be honest, everybody was saying that "you gon get this work" shyt.

Its been reported since way before SM2 that one of Jay-z's hobbies is to watch rap battles on YouTube. Something like he watches battles all the time, over and over, like we do. And I really don't see how one tweet means anything. 50 Cent has tweeted about Big T, Drake has shown up at KOTD events.. This is all before SM2. :yeshrug:

Nobody is hating on Lux, but he didn't do anything for battle rap that wasn't already happening.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Yea y'all giving just a little too much credit to lux

Smack would have gotten on bet anyway. Bow wow didn't start watching when lux came back he was close to John John and that is what put him with smack so thank Todd for that. Nick cannon was a URL Stan waay before lux came back and he personally chose con. Lux had nothing to do with that. Durant drake eminem nelly etc were all URL Stan's before lux came back. URL was already on its way up. 3 million views don't mean more that what smack doing with the uff and con and smack being on wild and out.

Now granted I'm in Chicago and the what the feeling is in ny not what it is here. Ill credit lux for bringing the old smack era crowd back who didn't really get into the new dudes. But 1. Sm1 did happen and that was a packed event. So it wasn't like URL was still 200 people in a room and then lux brought 2500. Smack already showed he can get that many people with sm1.

And 2. Antoine Dotson has 115 million views and nobody is paying him 40k for an appearance. Them little bibby lil herb videos all got 10+ million views nobody is dropping 40k to book them. So why doe 3 million views equal he can get whatever he ask for? Until lux can can show he can get at least 10k people in a venue or at least 5k then 40k is unreasonable. A jay z tweet and 3 million views with the help of world star don't equal that type if pay raise

I think 25k would have been a fair pay out

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Queenz
N i live in jamaica queenz ur point? But yea all im sayin is Lux did help the movement.. Idk wat every1 else sayin bout he saved url cuz he didnt.. Im jus sayin he did help it get a few more fans dat werent into battle rap to become a fan..

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Whether Lux faced Cal or not, URL was still going to be on BET and Con was gonna be on wild n out. You're given Lux too much credit for a video that got 3 million views over a years time. Did he attract some people? Of course. But he didn't do anything for Con, Smack and battle rap business wise or popularity wise. Why do you guys act like this train wasn't already moving way before Lux even stepped foot back in the ring?
the train was definitely moving but to say lux didn't do anything for battlerap business with that battle :beli: idk why yall always discredit what lux has done. Theres a reason all the battlers look at this nikka like he's on another level.

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
im not saying he has done nothing, i just put his contributions in proper perspective. yall act as if it wasnt for lux nobody would fukk with battle rap like that. all i pointed out was plenty of stars paid attention to url befor lux came back. i mean damn dna (for whatever reason on gods green earth) has kevin durant as his biggest fan. durant is the 2nd biggest basketball player on the planet and he was just at nome 3 a stage where lux was not battling and why? cause he was there to support dna who he been stanning for a couple of years now. not to mention drake being another huge dna and hollow fan. soljah boy and nick cannon are major concieted fans, 50 and eminem are major big t fans, i can keep going. now do all them dudes deserve 40k? yall cant give all this major praise to lux then discredit the others like they aint dont nothing.

now lux did do a major part in bringing back the old smack era fans. that i will credit him with. but to say "he put battle rap in a different light" is just false. now when its so many examples of very popular people following these other guys for years.

and again im from the chi, my 7 year old comes to me and tells me what con said on wild and out. if i asked him who lux is he would look at me with the :wtf: my girl shared with me how she enjoys that new battle rap format on 106 and park, if i ask her who lux is she like :wtf:

the crew of people who i do socialize with dont believe lux is the don of this shyt. so my reality is different than yours. ill admit that. maybe in ny lux took that shyt to another level i dont know. but out here these dudes dont even talk about the lux battle. they stuck on jc vs chilla, verb vs hitman and surf vs big t. they talk more about ill will, b magic, lotta zay and daylyt coming up than they do stuck on a lux battle.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lux did bring people to watching URL, but Smack brand was on it's way before, Lux battle just pushed it more mainstream faster because it got everyone talking. Even tho I didn't think SM 2 was that great overall, it really helped the name recognition of the Smack brand immensely. Way more than the first one.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your favourite battle rappers has been duckin Lux for years and for good reason...only Hollow, Verb (who Lux accepted) & Math Hoffa have even called him out..not sure what the reason is here recently to downplay Lux as he's one of the main reasons why most ppl on here are into battlerap (some have even admitted)...

I think ppl are dissapointed with this card and for good reason...but hey new names should be given a chance

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Summer Madness has only sold 300 tickets so far smh

:dead:

Let's be honest, most of these matchups are trash. Cal vs Rex? :gag:

If there was a way I could just pay to see Big T vs O Red I'd pay to see that instead of the entire SM3 card. :ld:

Either that or nikkas is waiting for those "early bird" tickets.

BTW, how do you know they only sold 309 tickets so far?