Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i feel the same way about a possible Eternals 2 that i do... well, did about BP2. "ok, now that we got that world building and lore shyt out of the way, go nuts." RIP Chadwick, b/c T'Challa without all the restraints of earning the crown and all that weight would have had a much better role in part 2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the-joker-dark-knight.gif

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching this morning

movie was flat.

the script was boring, the cast was miscast (aside from Angelina) and the movie lacked a great characters and a great story that flows from beginning to end

2 hours and 40 minutes and the movie never once really once gains any excitement, it just drags all the way through :francis:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
wouldn't say Angelina was "miscast" but they got this super famous woman to be the "warrior" and she fights a couple times. none of which is all that impressive, and they stick her with some dumb amnesia plotline the rest of the movie. one of the most forgettable MCU characters to date in a movie full of others. At least the rest have like 1 distinctive scene/action sequence/trait/joke/etc. she had basically nothing. remember when she sliced up that thing they kinda set up as the villain after he gained consciousness for 45 seconds? ... of course you don't.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd be interested to see how they handle a sequel for this. My initial opinion was that this was actually a pretty good movie that got tanked by terrible pacing by choosing to use multiple flashbacks to build to the (rather obvious) surprise villain.

I get that there's an argument for telling the story in a disjointed way to basically have the audience view the events the same as the characters (in that something that happened hundreds of thousands of years ago could be as fresh in their minds as something that happened a couple of minutes ago), but when the payoff is just to lead to a standard superhero movie fight, it doesn't really hit the same. It would've been cool to have the audience explicitly in on Ikaris' lie from the beginning, so it's more a situation where everyone but the main characters know they're set up to fail, and want to see how they can potentially get out of it.