Official Thread for Math Hoffa's My Expert Opinion Podcast

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Finally back up.

They released the full interview in the members section. First hour they talked a lot about the fall out with Sha Money. Joyner’s manger talks a lot doing the interview. I wonder if people will get annoyed by him even though he made a lot of good points.

Joyner posted this on one of the videos explaining why he's talking so much.

@JoynerLucasOfficial

4 hours ago
I cannot speak too much on certain things in depth due to certain NDA’s and contracts I signed…. BUT!…. My manager can.
🤷🏾‍♂
️ just incase you’re wondering why he keeps cutting me off to speak. He’s protecting me & giving yal the full scope & free game at the same time.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Joyner posted this on one of the videos explaining why he's talking so much.

@JoynerLucasOfficial

4 hours ago
I cannot speak too much on certain things in depth due to certain NDA’s and contracts I signed…. BUT!…. My manager can.
🤷🏾‍♂
️ just incase you’re wondering why he keeps cutting me off to speak. He’s protecting me & giving yal the full scope & free game at the same time.
Yeah I saw Math say the same thing

Makes sense.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Interview made it to TMZ

Joyner Lucas is looking back at his stint on a major record label with deep regret ... he says his experience was mostly clouded with empty promises!!!

While venting on Math Hoffa's "My Expert Opinion," Joyner and his longtime manager/business partner Drew recalled the time they were courted by Atlantic Records ahead of signing in 2016.

They also claim it took them forever to get paid -- money falling slowly like confetti isn't exactly worth celebrating!!!

Joyner admits he was beyond geeked when he signed with Atlantic, but only released one project with the label, and then bounced a few years later.

He's now calling Atlantic's recruitment a big 'ol sham ... Joyner and Drew both claim the label used love-bombing tactics to trick him into inking the contract.

Joyner says Atlantic execs told them it would be easy to get some of the label's biggest stars -- such as Cardi B, Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars -- in the studio, but, of course, it never happened!!!

Joyner's nabbed some blockbuster collabs throughout his career ... folks like Eminem, J. Cole and Chris Brown. Even Jelly Roll appears on his newest album "Not Now I'm Busy," but none of those guys are signed to Atlantic.

Meek Mill, who also was signed to Atlantic and collab'd with Joyner in 2018, has now made it his life's mission to improve record deals ... which makes you wonder why the new kids keep signing them after so many horror stories.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Math on that same shyt Budden was on. Capitalism in a nutshell basically.

Seems they both was on the shyt saying "I put the money up so I deserve ALL the money". I agree they deserve the biggest share but being greedy will eventually hurt long term.

Also used the greedy nikkas main quote "I was gone hook you up if you waited". Math was definitely caking up and breaking off crumbs from listening to him talk. The fact that he's making it sound crazy that they wouldn't trust putting their show under him when he's not being open about what the main show is making.

It seemed to Math was all about control too wanting everybody to be up under him and not having their own shyt.
Watching and listening to Math, Flip, and Budden explain their moves, it’s obvious none of them were businessmen, nor could they have possibly been significant level hustlers.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Impossible to get thru this with the manager interrupting nonstop but...Atlantic is a death sentence for rappers. I'm always blown away when anyone signs there. Sure most labels are "bad" if you're an artist like Joyner but they're the worst IMO.

(I read the explanation or the interruptions, I just think it could have been done better)

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Math has had way too many co-hosts issues:

Misfit
Knowledge
Esso
Hynaken
Space Ghost (not a co-host, but still counts)
Bigga
Champ

Whatever the reason these people aren't on the show almost doesn't matter, it reflects badly on him.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Math has had way too many co-hosts issues:

Misfit
Knowledge
Esso
Hynaken
Space Ghost (not a co-host, but still counts)
Bigga
Champ

Whatever the reason these people aren't on the show almost doesn't matter, it reflects badly on him.

It’s actually sad and disgusting. On one hand I initially thought those other dudes was foul, then I heard maths side and thought they was selfish pocket watching nikkas. But thinking about it more I’ve seen the problems both Budden and Vlad had with their cohosts. Reality is when it comes to entertainment and media people start to feel like they are entitled to more than what they are getting. That or they just begin to hate the main host. It comes with the business.