Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
And to da nicca that said everything gets shyt on here, yeah, okay.....I guess True Detective Season 1, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Wire, Sopranos, Fargo, Mare of East Town, GOT (First 4-5 Seasons), House of Dragon, The Boys, Succession and mad other shyt doesn't exist :deadrose:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I thought the city had one with low winter sun. Don’t know how they fukked that up with Mark strong and Lennie James. So if they ever did true detective based in detroit I apologize in advance for any shameless stanning :yeshrug:
I remember the audience (I should say the Coli) being mad how they connected the release of the show to Breaking Bad. I fukked with that show on the low and would have been down for a season 2. Was ready to stan Ziggy (from The Wire) da gawd :wow:

Superstar
Daps
Who's getting casted next:mjlit:

:wow:
I hope it’s Eliot Page as the burnout private detective offering sage advice to a guarded rookie NY metro cop, Nicki Minaj.

After a turnstile jumper turns up dead, the two find themselves crawling the unmapped depths of the NYC metro tunnels, chasing a loose thread that uncovers a conspiracy unlike we’ve seen before.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
:wow:
I hope it’s Eliot Page as the burnout private detective offering sage advice to guarded rookie NY metro cop, Nicki Minaj.

After a turnstile jumper turns up dead, the two find themselves crawling the unmapped depths of the NYC metro tunnels, chasing a loose thread that uncovers a conspiracy unlike we’ve seen before.

RuPaul and Doja Cat are seasoned Chicago detectives on the hunt for a killer that preys on one-legged transgender/transracial Poker players....

Can they save the next victim from certain death?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just didn’t see it like that, the whole time while watching the series I just associated all paranormal activity as…..people minds going crazy when you live in a environment that is frigid, no sunlight, and isolation.…TD been trained it‘s viewers to assume It‘s always human activity. Which is why it didn’t bother me

My main and only real criticism was the fact that there were a few eye roll moments.

Nah, you can't just say that when these "ghosts" are advancing the plot or pointing to clues. They're not just random hallucinations at that point.

A ghost pointed Rose to the frozen bodies. Police couldn't even find them. That's not a person's mind going crazy due to the environment that's clearly using the supernatural to advance the story.

One of the researchers survived being frozen for 48 hours just so he could have a ghostly moment with Navarro.

Even the "polluted water is causing hallucinations" theory was never proven. This was a supernatural show so they should have let it be that and not attach the TD name to it.

I mean, I'm being genuine. Critics seem to love this shyt, then I go on the innanets and see very varying opinions. I'm always down for a discussion, but I haven't seen really good reasoning besides "This season was trash" :hubie:

Didn't care about a single character or find anyone engaging.

Hated the supernatural elements.

Navarro needed a better actress because I felt no emotional attachment to her or Annie's storyline which is a major part of the show.

The mystery, besides the visual shock of the dead research team and wanting to know how they died, just didn't interest me. I no longer cared as the show went on.

The forced references to season 1 were ridiculous.

Some storylines went nowhere.

Didn't like the pacing as it felt like they pushed answering everything in the finale. The lead up to the the finale wasn't strong enough and I just wanted it end so I could be done with it.

Were there any great moments or a particularly memorable episode? Even a moment that should have had some impact like Prior killing his pops just had me like :unimpressed:. We never even got to see any emotional consequence for that character. He just dumped the body and it was over.

Navarro's ending was terrible. Don't even get me started with the "where is Navarro?" and people having "Navarro sightings" BS :heh:

The show was consistently mid in all phases. I'm waiting to hear what people who loved it can point to that was so compelling.

The only thing I'd compliment it on is the setting.

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Nah, you can't just say that when these "ghosts" are advancing the plot or pointing to clues. They're not just random hallucinations at that point.

A ghost pointed Rose to the frozen bodies. Police couldn't even find them. That's not a person's mind going crazy due to the environment that's clearly using the supernatural to advance the story.

One of the researchers survived being frozen for 48 hours just so he could have a ghostly moment with Navarro.

Even the "polluted water is causing hallucinations" theory was never proven. This was a supernatural show so they should have let it be that and not attach the TD name to it.

Didn't care about a single character or find anyone engaging.

Hated the supernatural elements.

Navarro needed a better actress because I felt no emotional attachment to her or Annie's storyline which is a major part of the show.

The mystery, besides the visual shock of the dead research team and wanting to know how they died, just didn't interest me. I no longer cared as the show went on.

The forced references to season 1 were ridiculous.

Didn't like the pacing as it felt like they pushed answering everything in the finale. The lead up to the the finale wasn't strong enough and I just wanted it end so I could be done with it.

Was there any great moments or a particularly memorable episode? Even a moment that should have had some impact like Prior killing his pops just had me like :unimpressed:. We never even got to see any emotional consequence for that character. He just dumped the body and it was over.

Navarro's ending was terrible. Don't even get me started with the "where is Navarro?" and people having "Navarro sightings" :heh:

The show was consistently mid in all phases. I'm waiting to hear what people who loved it can point to that was so compelling.

The only thing I'd compliment it on is the setting.
I have no problem with any of these opinions. My thing is you're saying it was consistently mid yet people are acting like this makes season 2 worthy of Emmys.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no problem with any of these opinions. My thing is you're saying it was consistently mid yet people are acting like this makes season 2 worthy of Emmys.

It's a 5/10 for me. I didn't hate it but damn sure didn't enjoy it. It took me two weeks to finish the first episode. Halfway through episode 2 I just started watching it at 1.25x speed and did that for the rest of the show.

It didn't have those offensively bad moments of season 2 so I'm being generous. It was just boring and uneventful.

I can't fault anyone who thinks it's trash. I also can't understand anyone who thinks it's great.

92% critics score on RT is absurd. That's in the realm of a great season and is higher than season 1. I'm calling bullshyt.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I actually liked the ending :manny:
What’s the criticism?
I’ve also been the one to lower my expectations with TD endings……the journey to ending is well worth it for this show IMO
TBH nearly everyone hated the S1 ending at the time.

Nic P right now

mLNaNq.gif
Time for him to do better, then.

A case where no matter how people felt about the show, they were obviously watching. Critics seemed to like it way more than the audience too.

I'm not interested in another Issa Lopez project so this is where I stop watching True Detective
Its weird though. The commentary is negative, but the actual VIEWERSHIP numbers were pretty high.

Superstar
Daps
TBH nearly everyone hated the S1 ending at the time.

Time for him to do better, then.

Its weird though. The commentary is negative, but the actual VIEWERSHIP numbers were pretty high.

:russ:
Multiple people were in here telling people to stop watching if they didn’t like it, Reddit too. Now they’re going to have a nice healthy dose of the same lmaooooooo.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:russ:
Multiple people were in here telling people to stop watching if they didn’t like it, Reddit too. Now they’re going to have a nice healthy dose of the same lmaooooooo.

I was going to say I've never heard of a show driven by Hate Watching.

Then I thought of "The Strain" ... on that show when they realized that everyone hated the kid character, they leaned into it to make him intentionally more hate-able.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I just finished the last 3 episodes. This might be worse than Game of Thrones last season. HBO needs to cancel this whole series altogether. It's a shame because season 1 was some of the best tv I've ever seen.