**Official UFC 156 Thread**

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ANYWORD:

That's the benefit of UFC it's easier to get the fights the people want thrown together :smugbiden: niccas just got to hit up Dana . This fight got eating popcorn but the hw division :deadmanny: is Cain going to fight santos Again. Bring Brock back

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Dana saying at the press conference Pettis called him and wants to fight Aldo at 145lbs.

That would be a fantastic fight :blessed:

The fact that Pettis asked Dana for the fight makes me think he saw something in Aldo which makes him think he can beat him :youngsabo: Plus the timing works out better since him and Aldo just fought recently, you can do that fight in a few months instead of having Anthony wait until summer for the winner of Gil/Bendo.

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
I don't know the last time I seen a split decision, let alone a draw. Rashad Evans and Nogueira stood in the ring and did nothing for three rounds and it was a unanimous decision
:owerd:

The judges don't personally call a draw, but sometimes the total points for each fighter come up even (usually if there's 10-8 rounds). But yeah, draws are pretty rare now that I think try to think of a few. The last draws I remember were Fitch vs BJ Penn, Frankie had one vs Gray Maynard too. But it has happened.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Really surprised at how awful Rashad looked. He just couldn't pull the trigger and seemingly had no gameplan.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really surprised at how awful Rashad looked. He just couldn't pull the trigger and seemingly had no gameplan.

hes always been like that, he bobs weaves and just stands there waiting for the opponent to do something

he blew it tonight and most importantly blew a anderson pay day

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hes always been like that, he bobs weaves and just stands there waiting for the opponent to do something

he blew it tonight and most importantly blew a anderson pay day

He hasn't fought that way in a while. He was far more aggressive with his boxing against Tito, Phil Davis and even Rampage. He was putting together combinations (he could have at least tried tonight), and at least against Rampage, consistently attempted the takedown. He looked bewildered by Nog's jab and seemingly waited the entire fight for an opportunity to counter to come out of nowhere. Worst he's ever looked imo.

Rashad-rocks-Rampage.gif

He put pressure on Rampage.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No surprise with Maia

Reem did not respect Silva at all and paid the price

Shad looked very poor

Aldo v Edgar was close, I think Aldo edged it and would not be surprised to see a rematch

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
The fact that ppl are saying Hunt/Struve is number 1# contender match shows how pathetic that division is. Struve has not beat anyone relevant and Hunt is awful. Barry vs Big Foot? :why: Why would you book that massacre? I think Dana will make that Noguiera/Werdrum match the title eliminator and pray werdrum wins( I think fans still remember how Cain had Nog's head bouncing off the mat like a basketball)

Nog/werdum is not happening until June and no way Cain is sitting on the shelf until the fall for one if them. Struve/ hunt is in 3/3 so the timing makes sense, and the winner is a fresh challenger

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
He hasn't fought that way in a while. He was far more aggressive with his boxing against Tito, Phil Davis and even Rampage. He was putting together combinations (he could have at least tried tonight), and at least against Rampage, consistently attempted the takedown. He looked bewildered by Nog's jab and seemingly waited the entire fight for an opportunity to counter to come out of nowhere. Worst he's ever looked imo.

Rashad-rocks-Rampage.gif

He put pressure on Rampage.

might b the change in camp to blackzillians (which is a horrible camp), or might b the fact nog got real solid boxing and a real nasty jab he was keeping rashard at the end of.

i agree tho, rashard looked awful. how could that be the former LHW champ lol?

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Just rewatched the Reem Silva fight. Damn that was genuinely uncomfortable watching an unconscious on his feet Overeem getting bombed on

It's hard to give him another shot to get his ass kicked by Cain again because big foot got destroyed definitively twice then goes and wins two fights in vicious fashion due moreso to the cockiness of his opponents moreso than him being the better fighter and taking it.

(Browne injured himself being flashy and Reem fought like an idiot with his hands down in front of a HW)

-P-

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gave Aldo rds. 1,2 & 5...gave Frankie rd. 4...round 3 was a draw for me. I want Zombie vs. Aldo and Edgar vs. Lamas....but if Gil beats Bendo...I'd rather see Pettis vs. Aldo

Great post about how Rashad fought Rampage...why he felt he couldn't do the same thing to Rogerio is beyond me....no dirty boxing up against the cage at all.....WTF???

Reem just plods with his hands down...he didn't throw any kicks...I will say this...for someone who allegedly WAS on roids, he still looked strong as an ox....he was moving Big Foot around in the clinch and he got that monstrous takedown...his body did seem smaller/flabbier, IMO. Sonnen thinks Barnett should get Cain next :ehh:

Maia is 3-0 @ 147...1 more good win and I think he deserves a title shot.

benavides said he doesn't mind fighting again b/f he gets a title shot...I'd rather see the rematch w/ Dodson and Johnson, tbh.

As crazy as it sounds...the most shocking performance of the night to me was Woodley. WHY CAN"T HE ALWAYS FIGHT AGGRESSIVE??? The 2 or 3 times he just said "fukk it" and attacked Marquardt, he put Nate on his ass. If he always fights like this...he can be the champ one day, IMO.