Official UFC 165 Thread: Jones vs. Gustafsson

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
2w3p8b8.jpg

He's ready for a title shot in Boxing, look at that chin.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Gus should've walked away with that title personally. He was just punching him in the face the whole fight, without much retaliation. Stuffed almost all of his takedowns. Kept catching his kicks, etc. Only round I feel Jones might've clearly won is the fourth, when he kept hitting him with those elbows, but even then Gus was beating him up the whole round before that.
I honestly didn't think Jon would get beat up like that considering Alex's punches hit like pillows, but he really couldn't set up an offense. I also thought Jon would be able to get takedowns in, we saw what happened with that. I feel like this shows an obvious flaw in Jones game, that I've been saying for the longest. You have to hit him. Most people who went up against him would stay outside their own range, it was irritating.
Anyway, great fight. I hope to see a rematch.

agree i had it 4-1, or 3-2 at worst for gustaffson.
jones said he was going into this fight trying to prove to ppl he's one of the top strikers in all of mma :ufdup:
all his take downs were stuffed aside from 1 i think, then he was like :manny: and tried to keep trading punches with gustaffson and got the shyt end of the stick in those exchanges. dudes face look like it got stung by 3049304930493 bees

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:comeon: Terrible troll attempt.
llama-stare-gif.gif

Im sorry, friend but were we watching the same fight? I clearly saw Gus put his hands on his hips and have a moment where he looked like he wanted to drop onto the canvas without being punched. He wanted to be out of there like prison escapists. He was exhausted and tired. It looked like he was begging Jones to KO him. Those championship rounds were to much. Also, the way he turned his back on Jones in the fight to run away, was not what champions do. Personally, im satisified that he lost. Hes not a true champ.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
llama-stare-gif.gif

Im sorry, friend but were we watching the same fight? I clearly saw Gus put his hands on his hips and have a moment where he looked like he wanted to drop onto the canvas without being punched. He wanted to be out of there like prison escapists. He was exhausted and tired. It looked like he was begging Jones to KO him. Those championship rounds were to much. Also, the way he turned his back on Jones in the fight to run away, was not what champions do. Personally, im satisified that he lost. Hes not a true champ.

JON+JONES+RUNS+AWAY+FROM+RAMPAGE+GIF.gif

:shaq2:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He was simply getting away from a takedown.

You must not be a mayweather fan either huh
Jones was running from 1 punch. Gus was running from a takedown. Show me footage of mayweather sprinting away from someone with his back turned like Jones and Gus.

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
He "ran" away when canelo threw a punch and hit the ropes in the 11th round and then mocked him right after.

It's cool though I know you are trolling

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
I have no problem with what Jones did, but it's very clear he's 'running' away from a strike.

Gus* where I was watching it someone mentioned that it wasn't a good look that he 'ran' away but I figured he ran away from getting taken down. :manny: