Official UFC 165 Thread: Jones vs. Gustafsson

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Jon said his mistake for this fight was focusing on his boxing. I dunno though. It seemed like he tried to do everything but when against he cage Gus got out of there and went into a full SPRINT if thats what it took to get away from he cage while being able to stuff takedowns when he was against the cage. He shouldnt have been standing too much with Gus but it didnt seem like he had a choice. Didnt see enough power kicks to the body from Jones which are a boxers worst enemy. Also, he needs to find another takedown besides that double leg sheesh. Maybe he should ask Cain to show him some single leg takedowns because he was trying to powerlift Gus and it just wasnt happening. Needed something a little simpler with technique.. Jones just gained a level experience wise though. Had a 5 round war and won. That is going to do a lot for his heart and resolve in the future. Hopefully he can close some gaps in that striking and work on that head movement because it doesnt exist.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Jon said his mistake for this fight was focusing on his boxing. I dunno though. It seemed like he tried to do everything but when against he cage Gus got out of there and went into a full SPRINT if thats what it took to get away from he cage while being able to stuff takedowns when he was against the cage. He shouldnt have been standing too much with Gus but it didnt seem like he had a choice. Didnt see enough power kicks to the body from Jones which are a boxers worst enemy..
do jones's kicks ever pepper anything above the waist? goldie/ro were trying to make out like all those kicks to the head gus ate were a sign he was tough.But if you look at the density of jones's legs up against a skull i'd say he'd come out the loser.This is the second fight in a row where hes needed human crutches after the bell rung.Dont be surprised folks if this guy retires before 30, like i said there is a reson hes not in the nfl/nba and had to settle for mma.
Also, he needs to find another takedown besides that double leg sheesh. Maybe he should ask Cain to show him some single leg takedowns because he was trying to powerlift Gus and it just wasnt happening. Needed something a little simpler with technique..
the funny thing is this was never a problem until now, there was always something about his style that indicated he was just getting by on size/natural talent but there wasnt a lot of skill applied to what he did.And credit to him but this fight really validated a lot of shyt.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
do jones's kicks ever pepper anything above the waist? goldie/ro were trying to make out like all those kicks to the head gus ate were a sign he was tough.But if you look at the density of jones's legs up against a skull i'd say he'd come out the loser.This is the second fight in a row where hes needed human crutches after the bell rung.Dont be surprised folks if this guy retires before 30, like i said there is a reson hes not in the nfl/nba and had to settle for mma.
the funny thing is this was never a problem until now, there was always something about his style that indicated he was just getting by on size/natural talent but there wasnt a lot of skill applied to what he did.And credit to him but this fight really validated a lot of shyt.
There is alot of skill in what he does friend come on but yes there is alot to be said for size and strength. Brock got by with it for a while until he fought someone that wasnt afraid and then got his head flown. Jones seems pretty adaptable though and there is a very short list of people that can compete with him because of his strengths.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
2w3p8b8.jpg

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
You have to beat the champ convincingly jones had more impact full shots and too me it looked like he wasn't the same ol jones and he comes out and says he was trying to box... Smh jones is pretty stubborn tho he should have adjusted and he refused to and he admitted to that as well. I called rematch as soon as the 2nd round ended going into 3rd
I did give Gus 2 rounds but the 4th and 5th he clearly didnt have the stamina for those championship rounds. Congrats on jones for having enough energy for that too

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
I kinda hope they do the rematch in Gus's backyard in Sweden.

then when Jones wins again.....all of the cacs will be :pacspit:
never, time difference will fukk up their pay per view sales. thats why all the europe cards are shyt.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You have to beat the champ convincingly jones had more impact full shots and too me it looked like he wasn't the same ol jones and he comes out and says he was trying to box... Smh jones is pretty stubborn tho he should have adjusted and he refused to and he admitted to that as well. I called rematch as soon as the 2nd round ended going into 3rd
I did give Gus 2 rounds but the 4th and 5th he clearly didnt have the stamina for those championship rounds. Congrats on jones for having enough energy for that too

I agree. I thought Jones was being an idiot letting his pride get in the way with that stayin in the pocket tryna box/beat him at his own game bullshyt. it was also telling that he flat out said that his corner messed up by game planning with that strategy. It was clear as night and day that when Jones stuck with the kicks, Gus's counter punches couldn't reach him like that.. but when Jones would abandon that shyt and try outboxing him, that basically welcomed Gus into striking distance and he started tagging him. It may have gotten him 'hate' or whatever but Jones would've spared himself a lot of pain if he'd just kept spamming the kicks and testing Gus's own patience/stamina instead of playin right into Gus's strength trying (i felt) to prove a point.