Official UFC 165 Thread: Jones vs. Gustafsson

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
The main event was great but it's a shame it's taking away from the real highlight of last night

tumblr_mtj2aau08w1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

They need to set up a Nova Uniao vs Team Alpha Male survivor series elimination match

Barao is a monster, he's working his way up the P4P ladder. Barao vs. pre-injury Cruz would be a very interesting fight. I would favor Barao, but would not count out Cruz.

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
1. Clearly Gustafsson.
2. Clearly Jones.
3. Toss-up.
4. Clearly Jones.
5. Clearly Jones.

49-46 or 48-47. Pretty close fight but still a very clear victory for Jones. Gotta give credit to Gustafsson who made Jones look human for the first time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny, you say you've been watchin dis ish longer than me, then you say straight bs like Rampage never got submitted till Jones which is a straight up lie. Sakuraba subbed him in Pride many years ago, which just shows you only a UFC stan, u aint know ur MMA ish.

lol, its funny ur name is Master Teacher but between me and mowgli u've been the 1 getting schooled. y'all acting like mma never existed before ufc, lmao.
What are you an idiot that knows nothing about training, if you had knee surgery you can't do no heavy training for months. your knees/legs are your support system, if your knee is jacked up how u gonna be doin squats, and dead lifts in the gym. Dude has no strength because after every fight he was out for 6 months gettin acl and mcl surgeries. i am some1 who has actually played professional sports and have trained with a lot of fighters, knee injuries have a bigger impact that you would think. Shogun in UFC can bearly move, he is half the man he was in Pride due to the scalpel.

Only thing Rampage improved in UFC was his wallets, go back and watch Rampage's fights in pride he was a more all round fighter, with takedowns working ground and proud. When he came to UFC he merely relied on his stand up and counter punching. It was all he needed as the LHW division at that time didnt have any great stand up fighters, so he feasted on em. Who did he beat when he came to UFC Marvin Eastman 1st fight, Chuck who he already schooled in pride. who's next Hendo and wandy former pride champs. where's these world class ufc striker's, oh yeah I forgot he beat jardine, lol. In UFC the higher the weight class, the more wrestlers dominate, Bones Jones, GSP, Cain and now Weidman. Silva was the truth and respected because he was one of the few world class strikers to stave off these wrestlers for so long. The lower weight classes have some great fighters that don't get the shine they deserve, like a Aldo, Barao, Pettis.

I was referring to his campaign in UFC, where he faced his best COMP, Jones was the only
person to stop him
Bottom line Rampage is ASS, period, his a step above them dudes that be in Toughman competitions and he rose to the top of the sport at a certain point
He's not decorated wrestler he is not a decorated BJJ guy, he's not decorated boxer, he's none of that, but was able to beat most of his opponents and compete with the best the sport has to offer. THAT IS MY POINT

If he take a legit word class boxer and teach him take down defense, he would fukk up these dudes in devastating fashion
especially the boxers at the small weigh classes who have excellent footwork and can confuse their opponents with angles

Like you use Ray Mercer and James Toney as examples as if they were the truth or something, yeah they were champions, but lets not act like they were great technicians. James Toney is overrated he's never beaten a great opponent he fought Holyfield when dude was washed up old and brain damaged. His best years were at middleweight, he's a heavyweight because his fat as fukk and there's literally no real guys in HW division anymore his titles in that weight class meant nothing no one cared about his belt. James Toney is also a flat footed fighter

Pacquiao would destroy these MMA dudes just with his movement alone would make him a problem
Jose Aldo already stated this

And thats without them knowing any grappling at all it would be difficult task for them
so imagine if they were training wrestling and take down defense

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
looking back i thought it was in poor taste of jon jones proclaiming himself king jones in the post fight interview after THAT fight...if he would dominated and finished gus like the others thats one thing ,but when you damn luck you got the judges that shyt just get the hate he has even greater

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
looking back i thought it was in poor taste of jon jones proclaiming himself king jones in the post fight interview after THAT fight...if he would dominated and finished gus like the others thats one thing ,but when you damn luck you got the judges that shyt just get the hate he has even greater
where does he say that? :why: he only spoke to rogan after the fight and never once did i hear king jones.Team jones, yeah but king? nah

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Huh? Jones always throws those elbow jabs. That's just what he does. He likes throwing those. They do more damage than punches.

But anyway good fight. Not sure how much time Jones had to take off from the gym because of his broken toe but he was lackluster last night. Im sure he will train harder for the next fight.

yeah i know he always throws em, but in the 1st 2 rounds he wasn't throwing dem, jus the spinning elbow. Then you saw the real switch in attack when he went wit the forward elbow more and more and Gus never adjusted to it.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Barao is a monster, he's working his way up the P4P ladder. Barao vs. pre-injury Cruz would be a very interesting fight. I would favor Barao, but would not count out Cruz.

I would luv to see a sparring match in their training camp between Barao and Aldo, I bet every1 in the camp put down everything they doin n jus watch in awe.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I was referring to his campaign in UFC, where he faced his best COMP, Jones was the only
person to stop him
Bottom line Rampage is ASS, period, his a step above them dudes that be in Toughman

Naw b, you clearly said ENTIRE MMA CAREER, not UFC career! Be a man and admit you were wrong and simply talkin outta ur ass and dont know jack bout wha u spittin. u claiming Rampage is ass, but he still handed the 'great' chuck liddell his ass twice.

look at Rampage, he isn't an elite BJJ, he ain't an elitle wrestler either even thought thats how he kinda started his boxing is severely limited but he was knocking out top guys, he went his entire MMA career without being submitted, until he was overpowered and over matched by the bigger stronger Jones

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I would luv to see a sparring match in their training camp between Barao and Aldo, I bet every1 in the camp put down everything they doin n jus watch in awe.

Agreed. They're about the same size too [Aldo being bigger, but not by much], so it would be very interesting to see who gets the better of who.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Agreed. They're about the same size too [Aldo being bigger, but not by much], so it would be very interesting to see who gets the better of who.

I'm willing to bet, that inside that camp every other day dudes gettin dropped n knocked out. prolly like da old team blackhouse training sessions, where every1 could be the champ if they ever got that opportunity.