Oldheads: how did y'all survive 1991???

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Back then, I was in college had a GF and ran track. I wasn't going to the hotspots nor had a desire to do so..

Pretty much lived a normal life..

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're about to find out what it's like. Just checked, in the last 4 years the overall crime and murder rate apparently have risen and made up half of the decline since 1992. :leon:

So, let's revisit in 3 years and have OP tell us how he survived. That is, if he's still alive then. :merchant:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You're about to find out what it's like. Just checked, in the last 4 years the overall crime and murder rate apparently have risen and made up half of the decline since 1992. :leon:

So, let's revisit in 3 years and have OP tell us how he survived. That is, if he's still alive then. :merchant:
Can you share what you checked? I was aware overall crime jumped but not violent crime.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did y'all live in fear every time you stepped outside?
What’s crazy is people are lots more fearful now cause social media and cameras everywhere make things seem worse.

My parents used to let me just go outside with no phone, no adults, and wouldn’t expect me back for hours.

Now, i don’t even let my kids walk to the store by themselves if i’m available to take them. And if they go by their selves i’m calling and checking their cell phone position the entire time.

I’ve had this convo with my mom. She’s always calling me and telling me to NOT let my kids go places by themselves.

I’m like, you used to send me out the house with $3, no phone, a bus pass, and a crazy murder rate in the city. :usure:

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
By 1991, we in the white schools. You can tell when a neighborhood goes to the shiet.

Yt ppl live in the house now that I lived in 1991

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
6135DuY6VXL.jpg

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This is why i laugh at those who fantasize about the old days too much, the 80s and 90s were reaked with violent crimes, drugs and AIDS epidemics, black folks also had fewer freedoms and rights. The life of the average black person growing up in this present day and their odds for success is incomparable to several decades, ago.
AIDS had folk shook.. kinda like Covid did in his beginning phases lol..

If you had that cough folk looked at you early like “aye that nikka got the monster :mjlol:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
I was in high school :flabbynsick:

No fear for my life though...

You had some certified CLASSICS drop in music, film & video games that year.

Forgot to mention, his first ring --> :mjcry:

Last edited: