Oldheads: how did y'all survive 1991???

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I survived ten toes down. If you remember that’s when Jordan sixes dropped and that nikka mj was gracious enough to put them holes in the tongue and the shoe lace clip.

My boy knew at any point it might get real for a young breh with motion :birdman:

Wear some jays and a starter jacket and you was a target.

Daps
Disagree. There was a spike in crime as a millennials came of age in the early 00’s. That was crack babies hitting their teens/early 20’s + X was big and had people crashing out. I actually believe all of our peaks in violence/crime tend to occur as a new generation started to come of age. Like right now, the spike in property crime coincides with gen z coming of age.
Our spike wasn't as bad as theirs or even close. Boomers and Gen X coming of age (so 1960s through early 90s) was noticeably worse than our coming of age.

Pretty sure teen pregnancy, smoking etc., were also notably lower.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still think the Duke vs UNLV game in 91 was fixed.

You have Greg Anthony and Anderson Hunt, yet Larry Johnson brought the ball up the court on the final possessionés:comeon:
NCAA was not going to let UNLV win that game by any means. Called at least two ghost fouls on Anthony to foul him out. UNLV bullshytin’ to start the game, Duke being hot, the refs calling trash ass fouls all worked out in the end. We were mad for a looooong time after that game :russ: .

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I remember this song was in high rotation in Mamphis TN,,, I can't recall seeing anything fukked up in south memphis / PJ's. maybe because I wasn't around that type of stuff..... I think most of everything was drug re-elated,,,,, I remember the d boys tho

I think crime was only in certain off the city/section

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
We moved from Little Rock to Tulsa in the late 80's. Came back to Little Rock around 1993. It was very much like when Mr. Clark left East Side High and returned. We moved back to the epicenter of 'Bangin in Little Rock'. We live on 27th street- 25th street was a war zone. Lost a few young classmates to banging. But overall, my childhood was good. We still rode bikes everywhere without a care. If you weren't bangin or stangin, nobody really fukked with you.
That was it. You may be close in proximity, but still live in 2 separate worlds

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
NCAA was not going to let UNLV win that game by any means. Called at least two ghost fouls on Anthony to foul him out. UNLV bullshytin’ to start the game, Duke being hot, the refs calling trash ass fouls all worked out in the end. We were mad for a looooong time after that game :russ: .
I remember getting my haircut 3 days later and soon as I walked in the barbershop, I heard "they wanted them white boys to win":pachaha:

Last edited:

Ku$h Parker

For The Burbs Not The Streets
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
6135DuY6VXL.jpg
This started my Sports Fanhood,I had a lotta Faves here(Montana & Rice,Philly,Bo and The Bills)but Blitzing wit LT made me a G Man....I remember The Announcement,Bird retiring and MJ's Rise but they didnt register until 93

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Damn. I’ve been on the Coli / SOHH so long that it just hit me that we have a cohort of users that are a few years away from being 50 :whoo:
:russ: Yeah, I’m looking some of the replies like… shyt it’s 50 yr olds on here.. didn’t really think about it. Also a lot of dudes from the burbs, but I figured since how some of these threads go.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Was 9. I was a skateboard kid named KimoSabe. Old heads were stealing antennas and O.D.ing around the city for the most part.

No violence where the crew was boarding in the daytime.

Too young to be out past dark.