On this day 20 years ago, Kanye West Releases his Debut album The College Dropout

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
3OYL.gif

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Damn mayne...

I remember being 6 years old when TCD came out. Can't believe that I'm almost 27 years old.

As a kid, I had to ask my Dad what Vanilla Sky was after hearing that line and he showed me the movie that same week.
:what:Goddamn, I’m a cac (obviously) & my pops was cool with putting Predator/Terminator/etc… on when I was 6 but “Vanilla Sky”@ 6 years old :mindblown: damn bruh

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Had to be there……

:snoop:Let every1 retell it just bc of personal feelings towards Kanye but the second people got their hands on this & played it thru……u heard nothing else for a minute. This album was bigger than any1 of his others in terms of impact……the soul beats/samples, the lyrics, the features. “Never Let Me Down” with jay & nas :ohlawd: The introspective before he lost his mum & went off the rails. Front to back 1 of the best albums ever :yeshrug:
And “Through the Wire” is a classic track 🖕🏽🖕🏽

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I remember the build-up from the "I'm Good" mixtape and "College Dropout Mixtape" before the album. The freestyles, loosies and of course, "All Falls Down" with Lauryn Hill that didn't get cleared for the album.

The album was everywhere and loved by everyone. What a time.