On this day 20 years ago, Kanye West Releases his Debut album The College Dropout

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Senior year of high school, I was kinda reluctant at first but eventually gave it a chance a few years later. Between that and The Love Below that year was the beginnings of the weird backpack nikka era. :skip:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye was a weirdo in this era too. It was overlooked. This was the beginning and the bigger he became, the weirder he got. He told us
"And I still won't grow up, I'm a grown ass kid
Swear I should be locked up for stupid s- that I did"

People forget him flipping out at the AMA's in 2004. While I agree Kanye was the best nrw artist that year, him throwing that temper tantrum after Gretchen Wilson won was the public's first glimpse of the Kanye we see now. It got worse because we as his fans championed the behavior because we agreed with the statements he was making back then and the music was dope.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The memories of this album wow

came out senior year in high school.

We Don't Care, All Falls Down, getting drunk and high, watching girls dance all sexually to Slow Jamz, Get Em High, while hitting the blunt in my boys car, Never Let Me Down, my boy always played that one song that went on for like 10 minutes. Spaceship was probably my all around favorite, even if my homie and I didn't work a job at all all we did was sell weed lol

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Kanye was a weirdo in this era too. It was overlooked. This was the beginning and the bigger he became, the weirder he got. He told us
"And I still won't grow up, I'm a grown ass kid
Swear I should be locked up for stupid s- that I did"

People forget him flipping out at the AMA's in 2004. While I agree Kanye was the best nrw artist that year, him throwing that temper tantrum after Gretchen Wilson won was the public's first glimpse of the Kanye we see now. It got worse because we as his fans championed the behavior because we agreed with the statements he was making back then and the music was dope.

always been true.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I remember the build-up from the "I'm Good" mixtape and "College Dropout Mixtape" before the album. The freestyles, loosies and of course, "All Falls Down" with Lauryn Hill that didn't get cleared for the album.

The album was everywhere and loved by everyone. What a time.

That "Im Good mixtape was a classic. Did the same thing you described. Put all my friends on.