Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think y'all might be wrong about tarantina..

I'm not defending the guy :whoa: so chill... He could be aan undercover raging racist for all I know.. But I don't think he is..

I used to feel the same way about his excessive use of the word nikka in his movies... But i heard a long interview with him on XM radio a few years ago and he got into his childhood and shyt.. Turns out he was raised by a single mom who preferred to date black dudes. And when he was a kid sometimes his moms boyfriend (a black dude) would take him out around town (probably around nikkaz) , toss a ball with him and take him to the movies (probably black movies with black audiences)

I'm not saying this gives him a pass but when he said that I was like okay :jbhmm: ..that sorta makes sense why he seems to.be so obsessed with nikka shyt in his movies. Maybe he feels like he is one through osmosis idk :manny:

He did say something about always wanting to make a movie about slavery with nikkaz kicking ass in it

You can say what you want but most nikkaz thought Django was entertaining as fukk :francis:
Also most of his movies are about criminals and criminals call black people ******s a lot.
With inglorious basterds he adjusted his writing.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I don't think he's racist at all. He put Pam Grier in a starring role like decades past her prime. He always has Black people in his movies. But I think it's like a stalker, he loves Black people to the point he can't bear the proper relationship to them. His interest love of Black people and Black culture is warped. Plus his movies are not as good as they used to be so it is harder to look past it.
I mean I hope this movie is a comeback for him. I got no problem with him being successful. But just calling a spade a spade, he's got issues when it comes to us.
Yea since they.come out so often:smugford:

Hateful 8 was lesser QT yes but the 2 before were great

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
His use of the N word has context. It’s honestly not that big of a deal.

Y’all love the wire, who y’all think wrote them scripts? :usure: Think it was a bunch of brehs ?
Who is saying it in the show tho? Brehs or white dudes? Big difference.
Plus it is one context, Baltimore. Yer boy QT got to put the N bomb in every movie with various different settings and time periods. Shyt is weird.
The Dead Niqqer Storage rant was akward. I let to pass cause I thought it was just him being a terrible actor. But then it is in every movie since?
Weirdo! :scust:

Daps
Who is saying it in the show tho? Brehs or white dudes? Big difference.
Plus it is one context, Baltimore. Yer boy QT got to put the N bomb in every movie with various different settings and time periods. Shyt is weird.
The Dead Niqqer Storage rant was akward. I let to pass cause I thought it was just him being a terrible actor. But then it is in every movie since?
Weirdo! :scust:

It is in context tho. Racist white people using the word ******.

:yeshrug:It’s really that simple. Some of y’all can’t seperate fiction from reality. If shyt like this gets you riled up go put on something else.

In 20 years you’ve never heard a racist Tarantino rant, or any racial issues on one of his sets.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It is in context tho. Racist white people using the word ******.

:yeshrug:It’s really that simple. Some of y’all can’t seperate fiction from reality. If shyt like this gets you riled up go put on something else.

In 20 years you’ve never heard a racist Tarantino rant, or any racial issues on one of his sets.
Like I said what pulled my collar to the fetish was Sam Jack and Jamie Fox saying it to one another in Django. Did Black people even do that during slavery?!