One of, if not THE dumbest saying is.......

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always hated the saying "money can't buy you happiness"

99% of my problems would be solved almost instantly with a billion dollars right now and that would make me very happy.
If you had a billion dollars, you wouldn’t have to worry about food or shelter.

And that money would allow you to entertain yourself.

…for a while. Months. Years. Whatever.

But at a certain point in time the money becomes meaningless. Happiness and fulfillment doesn’t come from spending money. It comes from accomplishing goals and sharing moments with others.

The “money doesn’t buy happiness” line isn’t just some maxim. It’s been proven by thousands of studies.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Most peoples "worst enemy" is somebody who cut them in line back in 5th grade:mjlol:. So this quote goes to show the word "enemy" is overused.
They was serving stuffed shells that day

Some beef is everlasting :ahh:
I always hated the saying "money can't buy you happiness"

99% of my problems would be solved almost instantly with a billion dollars right now and that would make me very happy.
If that’s the case why do you rarely see a rich person truly be content with their life?

Most of us would want to have enough money to last several lifetimes but I’m pretty sure that brings a whole set of problems with it.

Jealous people
Needy and entitled friends and family
Possibly set up by the above
And a lot of others

I think in some ways super rich people feel more incomplete than regular folk

Nonetheless, I don’t totally disagree wit you especially when the main people who say that are rich people who will be damned if they give up their riches.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Shoutouts to all my enemies :salute:
Wishing ya'll nothing but peace and prosperity :demonic:

In fact, I apologize for any actions that may have hurt you :demonic:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you had a billion dollars, you wouldn’t have to worry about food or shelter.

And that money would allow you to entertain yourself.

…for a while. Months. Years. Whatever.

But at a certain point in time the money becomes meaningless. Happiness and fulfillment doesn’t come from spending money. It comes from accomplishing goals and sharing moments with others.

The “money doesn’t buy happiness” line isn’t just some maxim. It’s been proven by thousands of studies.
Bruh, you not hearing me. I don't want it to spend and splurge. I want it so I don't have to work anymore and never have to worry about anything financial. That would be a huge burden off my back and that alone would make me insanely happy. And I have friends to enjoy that money with so I won't end up alone either. It's nothing you can say that can convince me money won't bring me happiness.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that’s the case why do you rarely see a rich person truly be content with their life?

Most of us would want to have enough money to last several lifetimes but I’m pretty sure that brings a whole set of problems with it.

Jealous people
Needy and entitled friends and family
Possibly set up by the above
And a lot of others

I think in some ways super rich people feel more incomplete than regular folk

Nonetheless, I don’t totally disagree wit you especially when the main people who say that are rich people who will be damned if they give up their riches.
Nobody would know I had money but my two friends. All those other type of people are already exed out of my life. You're getting me confused with your average person. I'm not that. I know how to move in silence and people know to leave me the fukk alone.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@nairdas youre working quite hard in this thread to convince everyone that you’re “different” and you just want the money so you don’t have to work and everything else in your life is just perfect.

And money is the only thing holding back your happiness.

And it sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself it’s true.

It’s a pattern with a lot of people. They’re young and maybe in HS they make $6 an hour. Man this sucks. If only they made $15 an hour they’d be good! They’re out of school and make $30,000 a year. Man this sucks. If only they made $50,000 a year they’d be good! They’re 35 years old and make $75,000 a year. Man this sucks. If only they made $100,000 a year they’d be good!

You think a person who makes $70,000 or $100,000 is really any happier than someone who makes $30,000?

Nobody here would argue that earning more money doesn’t alleviate the pressures of securing immediate needs like food/shelter/clothing.

But that’s not the same as being happy.

Or maybe you have some twisted definition of what happiness is.

Happiness, I don’t think, is the absence of pressure or responsibility. It’s much deeper than that.

If, as you say, everything else in your life is great except how much money you make, then you’re already happy. You probably just don’t even know it.