Opinion: WWE and the Internal Decay

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I'll just keep it short, because it's pretty much been said and I've let this cook for a while.

There are a couple of options now for WWE in the future, and it's full of unpredictable nature.
  • Triple H/Stephanie -or- Shane takes over the Company after Vince dies; one must have the company and it won't be shared because each has their own vision.
  • WWE is sold off to an Entertainment company, where someone either inside or outside of Wrestling controls the product.
  • WWE folds.
I have my opinions of Trips and Stephanie, along with Shane, but it's very hard to copy the success of someone who built a company from nothing; regardless of what you might think of Vince. So you have the WWE, without Vince, having to push on. The product itself is rotting away, be it folds in a decade or prospers back again is up for debate.

There is coming a time though, for any 2010 talent (So throw away Styles, Owens, Zayn, Danielson, Etc.; they are all cashing checks in.) to really think clearly; am I trying to be a WWE Superstar or a Wrestler? Anyone with a mind of trying to cash in on being a WWE Superstar might be ready for the cold truth, which is you might be wasting your time.

Cody Rhodes, Omega and the Elite/Bullet Club prove that Wrestling outside of WWE can be somewhat mainstream because this is legit talent; even if you hate the Young Bucks, that know how to promote THEIR brand and not what WWE tells them to do.

Is it worth going to WWE, where you know that you will be working more days, for a little more cash if you know and can become a great worker? The stench of rot is in the air, WWE is still losing money and that means more cuts coming soon to workers who spend 2-5 years in the system; watching people like Braun Stroman and Roman Reigns getting hotshot because of their looks. What does that mean going forward who is just wanting to join WWE, because of being in Name only?

If your a person who wants to be a Wrestler, why spend years doing nothing when you know you can make just as much being your own boss?

Until Vince dies, why join WWE as a professional wrestler when you know there is no future for you there?

Thanks for your time to read this,
MushroomX

LurkNowitzki

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lurk City
The profits are smaller than what they have been, but it's far from losing money. Licensing and TV deals are all guaranteed cash. However, IMO this is the reason why the product is stagnant. If the money is there, then where is the motivation to go out on a limb and try something experimental that could possibly grow your audience?(Average WWE viewer is Mid-40s)

As for the wrestlers, I think it's always been on a case by case basis.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Next negotiations will have the rate getting lower and lower, so they are at a point creatively where eventually they are going to have to make a decision on what the company is going to be.

laughslikebig

Banned
Daps
nah its just time to revamp the product and presentation to reflect the times. It's like a old school rapper who doesnt move with the times. They dont suck, but they just are dated.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First, Shane has no ties to the company outside of talent. He's just a wrestler. Articles are written on this and yes we don't know how Vince will set everything up but chances are Stephanie gets his shares and will keep turning WWE into a PR machine.

I wouldn't consider wrestling in any form mainstream outside of WWE. The only people you see walking around with WWE merch on usually have Attitude Era stuff. You'll see the occasional Shield member shirt in the wild as well (most pushed acts in the last 5 years.) I think this speaks volumes to how popular wrestling really isn't.

Roman's been here since FCW and had to wait after a year long Seth Rollins run to get the belt in his sixth year in the company. That's hardly hot shotted. Let's cut the shyt when it comes to anti-Roman narratives.

Without Cody, Braun, Shield guys, etc. all posting their tax returns online we have no idea what's going on financially. I do know Cody is happier. I do know Ryback isn't struggling. I do know I haven't seen or heard from Jack Swagger. I do know Bad News is on WCPW. I do know John Cena, Miz, and Daniel Bryan have nice homes and seem to be well off on Total Divas. But we really don't know.

It's just hard to make any conclusions about what's best for the wrestlers without knowing what they're really earning.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'll just keep it short, because it's pretty much been said and I've let this cook for a while.

There are a couple of options now for WWE in the future, and it's full of unpredictable nature.
  • Triple H/Stephanie -or- Shane takes over the Company after Vince dies; one must have the company and it won't be shared because each has their own vision.
  • WWE is sold off to an Entertainment company, where someone either inside or outside of Wrestling controls the product.
  • WWE folds.
I have my opinions of Trips and Stephanie, along with Shane, but it's very hard to copy the success of someone who built a company from nothing; regardless of what you might think of Vince. So you have the WWE, without Vince, having to push on. The product itself is rotting away, be it folds in a decade or prospers back again is up for debate.

There is coming a time though, for any 2010 talent (So throw away Styles, Owens, Zayn, Danielson, Etc.; they are all cashing checks in.) to really think clearly; am I trying to be a WWE Superstar or a Wrestler? Anyone with a mind of trying to cash in on being a WWE Superstar might be ready for the cold truth, which is you might be wasting your time.

Cody Rhodes, Omega and the Elite/Bullet Club prove that Wrestling outside of WWE can be somewhat mainstream because this is legit talent; even if you hate the Young Bucks, that know how to promote THEIR brand and not what WWE tells them to do.

Is it worth going to WWE, where you know that you will be working more days, for a little more cash if you know and can become a great worker? The stench of rot is in the air, WWE is still losing money and that means more cuts coming soon to workers who spend 2-5 years in the system; watching people like Braun Stroman and Roman Reigns getting hotshot because of their looks. What does that mean going forward who is just wanting to join WWE, because of being in Name only?

If your a person who wants to be a Wrestler, why spend years doing nothing when you know you can make just as much being your own boss?

Until Vince dies, why join WWE as a professional wrestler when you know there is no future for you there?

Thanks for your time to read this,
MushroomX

Either Vince or Stephanie will sell WWE to Disney or Comcast & they will keep the McMahon’s in charge. In the eyes of the business world, only they know how to optimally run WWE. That circumstance will be static for decades to come as Stephanie McMahon is 41 years old. When WWE signed their most recent television package, it was assumed that it was the last go around in this ‘era’ and things would be remarkably different in 2019. Here we stand nearing the end of 2017, and things aren’t much different. WWE standing as valuable live programming with no offseason remains. WWE is likely to get a raise in the next tv deal providing for the status quo for five more years.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I always see this talk about WWE's impending "death" and how low ratings will soon sink the company and whatnot... meanwhile they're still making great money and their TV deals are far from in danger of being lost. Obviously they're not makin' the money they were making in their boom years, but it's hardly a dying company. The combo of Steph/HHH/Shane will probably take over when Vince goes. I don't feel someone outside of wrestling would have the same dedication to WWE that Vince has, and someone else inside wrestling might not have the same business sense. Between Steph, HHH, and Shane, you have all of these things, so there'd be no need to turn it over to someone else. Vince has been setting all of them up for some time now. Also it's a family business, so the chances of them letting another company run it is likely out of the question.

Far as the talent, it's really up to what they want. It'd be kinda defeatist for a talent to believe there's no hope for them in WWE, when there's always the possibility they could become a star. There's no way of "knowing there is no future for you" with anything, unless you've convinced yourself of that. There's several guys who've become top stars over the last 10-15 years that didn't have "the look", so if a wrestler looks at themselves in the mirror and decides they don't have a chance in WWE... that's kinda their own battle to fight :heh: Most people at least take the shot at WWE because it's still probably the most money they have the opportunity to make, and if it doesn't go that way, at least they took the shot. It's not a goal for some wrestlers, and that's cool too, but I don't think it's not an opportunity worth taking.

Last edited: