Pet ownership is fukked up

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Depends on the animal. I'd never keep a fish in a small ass tank or bird in a cage.

Dogs and cats with good owners live a much better life than ones in the wild though.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Dogs are bred to be mentally stunted and only have the intelligence of a 30 day old wolf puppy. Which is fukked up. It's like breeding human beings that don't develop mentally after becoming toddlers.

Cats can survive on their own and actually domesticated themselves for convenience.
Dogs don't work like that, Dogs left alone in the wild will form packs and hunt for food. Hence some areas in the world with roaming packs of feral dogs

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The only moral way to own animals is if you live on a farm with a lot of land. In 2021 owning a dog in a city is kinda dumb...I mean walking a dog always seemed stupid to me even as a child.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
My sister in law's cat has never left the house in 2-3 years. Can't even run around because they get mad when it does.

I was gonna have it run around in my garden because they asked me take care of it while they go on vacation, but they cancelled. Cat is a prisoner :mjcry:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Life as a wild animal is rough as fukk. Shelter, food, health are not guaranteed. Apex predators live struggle lives. Weak ass dogs or cats don’t stand a chance

I keep a freshwater aquarium. The fish have plenty of space, clean water, compatible tankmates, and no shortage of food. In the wild they’d be food for the next predator :yeshrug:

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
you see most of these people who get pets are sad humans so they end up filling that void with a poor animal, you hate to see it

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
The problem is the human owners.

There are a lot of ppl who abuse and in general just don’t take good care of pets. I always say there should be a regulatory agency to ensure good standards and compliance of those standards for pet ownership. There’s a great percentage of ppl who own pets now who wouldn’t pass any decency rules for pet ownership and who shouldn’t deserve to have them.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Yeah let them live in the wild where shyt like this happens on the regular

Daps
As a kid i used to feel that way. I remember i found a praying mantis amyd put it in a jar. I felt so bad for keeping it captive i let it go rather quickly.

But honestly as an adult i think it CAN be different. Nature is brutal and life in the wild is short. Providing a animal with a more comfortable existence is a noble thing.

Obviously theres levels to it, but in general having a pet you care about and take good care of is ok.
That's what I think when I see people snapping about wild animals in captivity. Many of these pray animals are living a safer life then they would in the wild. Food, shelter, protection, and companionship.

I don't mean wild animals as in large predator's that could kill the owner and people around them. Leave them be.