Pete Rock- Petestrumentals 2 (Stream + Discussion Thread)

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
sum of this is nice , there is def some gems .. but alot of it isnt on LvL of Petes earlier stuff .. know alot of producers now adays doin similar stuff n its lil hard to see how petes doin it much better

bit of overkill for mines
so ive had this on repeat all day. all i can say is there is still no one doing what pete is doing

the fact remains if you want pete rock you have to get it from pete rock

all these posts about extra other artists in here only prove that point. and i bet they would probably tell you the same thing

this project is right on par with part 1

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man there is no need to stan for the man .. he is a legend in his own right and there is some dope shxt on here .. but i can jump on bandcamp and find producers droppin stuff on par if not same level wit alot of these tracks on here

if he cut it back and trimmed the project maybe it would sit better ..but i can see why i dont see more pete rock production on alot of these artists projects .. nas , kanye , rae kendrick etc

im sure he has more n the stash and i keep in mind its a instrumental project - petes still 1 of my fav producers ..

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Kitsch .. them klaus joints are flames .. id put them next 2 some of those pete joints and pick the klaus joints over them

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Petestrumentals got me into beats, and Pete was an architect for instrumental albums and beat tapes. I just would rather listen to something that has a theme and a lot of change ups and variations in every beat. Alchemist (Israeli Salad), Flying Lotus, Madlib (Beat Konducta 0-6 series)---some of these guys are doing beat tapes where it sounds like each beat is a part of one giant song, which I don't really get on this here.

id like u to explain more on this plz