Phil Simms

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Phil Simms has two failed quarterbacks for sons. And he let Jeff Hostetler win a ring with his boys. And LT really gave him his 1st ring while he was "game managing". (That year Simms threw for 21 TD/22 INT)

The hell does he know about what is "worth it" when it comes to winning?

:camby:
Well he had one of the best Superbowl performances of all time I believe

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well he had one of the best Superbowl performances of all time I believe
Behind a defense that saw Lawrence Taylor get 20 sacks.

Even Rob Johnson would have led that team to a win, breh.

Simms had a great game. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It was fueled by what WE actually saw....and Cam himself said the exact same thing....which validates what WE saw.....dudes are so quick to give white people so much credit for being able to tell you what to think/believe...

What WE saw and what happened are likely two different things.

Cam has fumbled a ball(multiple times) before and dove on it.

But like SOME of us said even before the game was over, you could look and see it was a weird angle for him being 6'6 to go down immediately and get the ball.

He didn't just say "well f it, this game is over" in the blink of an eye. There's more to it, than what Phil Simms said

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You Cam capers need to stop, what he said was true and he fukking came out and confirmed as much with his comments today :heh:

There's a difference in what Phil Simms said, as in suggesting the guy QUIT on the Play, as opposed to why Cam said he didn't dive for it.

I don't see how this is even debatable.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Cam literally moved AWAY from the fumble. What conclusion was he supposed to draw?

Oh I don't know, anything other than a smug-sounding comment suggesting the guy a quitter.

If it was Manning he wouldn't have said that with the certainty.

It wouldve went something like...

Phil: "we'll have to hear from Peyton after the game to see what he saw, and why he didn't go after the football"

horizon

Superstar
Daps
Cam basically came out and said the same thing, didn't he?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Oh I don't know, anything other than a smug-sounding comment suggesting the guy a quitter.

If it was Manning he wouldn't have said that with the certainty.

It wouldve went something like...

Phil: "we'll have to hear from Peyton after the game to see what he saw, and why he didn't go after the football"

So it's wrong to speculate on why Newton acted the way he did.....But not to speculate about how Phil Simms might've reacted had a different player been in a similar situation?