Phonte Sends message To Fans & ABB Records - "We Havent Seen a Dollar | Update : IGTV vid

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Tall talk from a Lupe stan.
:troll:

Honestly I feel like many of us were all in the same place in the early to mid 00s and it's just a matter of which path did you explore. Most of us took the Kanye path, which may have led you directly to Mos/Common/Kweli, and/or Lupe. Some of us explored all that and also found Little Brother, Dilated Peoples, etc. Your boy was def bumping Akrobatic's Remind My Soul in front of 50 Cent stans trying to teach them knowledge of self.
:mjlol::manny:

Looking back a lot of that shyt was corny but Little Brother stands the test of time because they were never preachy. All that "I'm trying to be conscious but I just got my dikked sucked" lyrical shyt J Cole has been struggling trying to pull off...Phonte did that shyt effortlessly. I remember taking this as a personal attack and then realizing all that righteousness shyt was corny.

LB got classics and deserves respect.

Akrobatik :wow:
Copped this
Akrobatik_-_Balance.jpg

And this
Blackdialogue.jpg

Still got the CDs somewhere. :wow:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
this seems random after 17 years to finally come after him, but I'm sure covid has hit their pockets because they rely on shows to eat.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this seems random after 17 years to finally come after him, but I'm sure covid has hit their pockets because they rely on shows to eat.
They got fed up with yet another vinyl repress from ABB. There was one a year or two ago. And Phonte ran into the ABB owner recently anyways. So the timing is bad for sure. I also think they waited until they knew they were owed more than they could be paid, like @Ziggiy noticed

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Its not random at all, he just recently pressed up another reissue of vinyls that he will solely profit from, how are you missing that?

Truth.

There have been a few reissues in the past 6-7 years. I copped a few of them. Clear and colored vinyl, bonus 7", all kinds of variants. So those records are selling and being resold, but Pooh and Phonte aren't seeing their cut. It's wild.