Pic of Rocky Marciano after Ezzard Charles split his overrated nose in two

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Ezzard Charles was that dude bro. I’m not even sure Roy in his prime could beat him & you know I rate Roy very high in his prime. Roy was the greatest fighter I’ve ever seen in my lifetime

Facts breh. Roy Jones at 160 and 168 was a beast. But his run at 175 doesn't even meet the level of Ezzard Charles at 175, not even close

The crazy thing is when I watch Ezzard Charles, power in each hand and easily a Top 5 counter puncher of all time :banderas:

Is there a book written about him?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
A-Boxing-Life-dettloff.jpg
Facts breh. Roy Jones at 160 and 168 was a beast. But his run at 175 doesn't even meet the level of Ezzard Charles at 175, not even close

The crazy thing is when I watch Ezzard Charles, power in each hand and easily a Top 5 counter puncher of all time :banderas:

Is there a book written about him?
There’s one on Amazon you can grab. I’ve tried to post links from there but they never work for some reason. I think I posted this a while back

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Ezzard Charles was that dude bro. I’m not even sure Roy in his prime could beat him & you know I rate Roy very high in his prime. Roy was the greatest fighter I’ve ever seen in my lifetime
I wish we had more footage of him, Moore and The Murderers Row. I remember when that clip of Holman Williams dropped I rewatched it over and over.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I wish we had more footage of him, Moore and The Murderers Row. I remember when that clip of Holman Williams dropped I rewatched it over and over.

Yeah, unfortunately pretty limited footage of Charles pre-HW, and obviously very limited footage of the Black Murderers Row.

Moore has the most footage of them available, but it’s mostly of him in his 40s.

Still, the first Durelle fight is one of the greatest fights ever at 175 and one of the greatest comebacks in boxing history.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I wish there was more footage available to the public of him, Sugar Ray Robinson, & Charley Burley when they were in their prime during the 40's

It's absolutely crazy how the 1940s era of Boxing have matches that weren't filmed or have such bad film

You literally have Jack Dempsey vs Gene Tunney fights in 19 fukking 26 have clearer picture than fights in the 40s lol

shyt, even some fights from Jack Johnson in the early 1900s are clearer than the 1940s :dead:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
It's absolutely crazy how the 1940s era of Boxing have matches that weren't filmed or have such bad film

You literally have Jack Dempsey vs Gene Tunney fights in 19 fukking 26 have clearer picture than fights in the 40s lol

shyt, even some fights from Jack Johnson in the early 1900s are clearer than the 1940s :dead:
I know bro! I guarantee you some rich dude/s are sitting on a mountain of archived footage of these fighters from the 30's & 40's that'll never see the light of day

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I give Rock credit. H2H I pick against him versus most HW greats (and plenty of non-greats), but I think he would be excellent at cruiserweight, especially when it was 190.

I don’t care much about the 49-0 mystique, or all that much in general about the mystique around undefeated records. He should have lost to Tiger Lowry according to some people. If his career goes the same way afterwards, I don’t think really differently of him for being 48-1 as opposed to 49-0.

He had a nice 3 year run as champ. Nino Valdez should have gotten a title shot though.

His post-career life is interesting, and weird too. He was a loan shark. He hated banks, and hid his cash in various places. Apparently he didn’t tell his family, so they couldn’t recover it. He would get paid to do speaking engagements and refuse to take checks. He would only accept cash, and even take less money than originally offered if it was cash.

His friend said Rocky fukked countless women, but never had an affair because he would never do the same woman twice. He would carry around a suitcase full of vibrators. His friends called Rock “The Vibrator King”.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

That's different..the heavyweight champion of the world and the dividion had more status behind it..possibly more than any sport back then

That's why every HW champion pre Ali is in the hall of fame