Piru Paul elected to the Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by keond, May 15, 2021.

1. Waterproof

Waterproof Warrior Lifestyle

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Shaq gave him the nickname The Truth for a reason, and he guarded the best offensive player of the other team

JesusFOREVER dapped this.
  2. Rhakim

Rhakim Veteran Poster of the Year Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Inglewood
    Coli Cash:
    $154336.00

I think Bron, Bird, KD, Baylor, and Dr. J are undeniable. That already pushes him out of the top-5 before you get to Havlicek, who surpassed Pierce on basically everything unless you want to consider him a SG or just don't think the '70s count.

Kawhi is only 29 and already has more All-NBA selections and more FMVPs than Pierce. Not to mention two DPOY awards, 6 All-Defensive team selections, an All-Star MVP and three top-5 finishes in MVP voting including a 2nd and 3rd. (Pierce almost went his entire career without making top-10 in MVP voting.) Kawhi has proven he can score just as well as Pierce while being >>>>>>>>> on the defensive end. The only thing Pierce has on Kawhi is longevity and that's only a matter of time....but honestly I'd put Kawhi ahead even if he retired next year.

Pippen has 3 more All-NBA teams while Pierce has 3 more All-Star appearances, but Pippen was top-5 in MVP voting twice and has 10 All-Defensive selections while Pierce has a FMVP. To me the biggest difference is that Pippen was a more dominant defender (top-4 in DPOY voting 5 times including 2nd-place twice) than Pierce was a dominant scorer (once was 3rd in scoring and otherwise never better than 5th), AND Pippen was a more important playmaker than Pierce. So his signature skill was more dominant and he was better all-around too.

The arguments for 'Melo and 'Nique could go either way.

3. Trot LaRoc

Trot LaRoc Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chi/LA
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Pierce is nowhere near top 5 SF and it's not a diss to him to say that

Only Boston homers think he is which is fine support your squad but be realistic.

4. MJ Truth

MJ Truth Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

I agree with you about Kawhi except with longevity. Longevity is why I have Pierce ahead. But you're kinda assuming longevity for Kawhi but based on his past I think it's a lot more likely he falls off of a cliff soon than him playing into his late 30s.

5. Rhakim

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Inglewood
    Coli Cash:
    $154336.00

Even if he falls off a cliff he already has more All-NBA selections, more All-Defensive selections, more top-5 MVP finishes, more Finals MVPs, more All-Star MVPs....all that "longevity" for Pierce wasn't years where he was top-10 or even top-15 in the NBA, so I don't count it for much.

Chris Cool, MJ Truth and murksiderock dapped this.
  6. Hey_zeus

Hey_zeus Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chicago
    Coli Cash:
    $248893.83

Wilt

7. MJ Truth

MJ Truth Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

To be fair, how many seasons has Kawhi TRULY been a top 10/15 player himself? :yeshrug:

This may be the wrong argument anyway, because I'm actually a lot lower on Kawhi than most are.

8. 1989_AJ_4s

1989_AJ_4s All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

Pierce ain’t no top 5 SF :mjlol:

Jesus Is Lord and murksiderock dapped this.
  9. Ethnic Cleansing

Ethnic Cleansing Fucc Slobks and Crabks

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $258376.00

Grant Hill >>>

10. Here Comes the Pain

Here Comes the Pain Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

One of the GOATs.

The celtics GOAT post Larry bird era.

Used to give Kobe & lebron fits.

The Truth:wow:

Jesus Is Lord and stepbackj34spud dapped this.
  11. Rhakim

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Inglewood
    Coli Cash:
    $154336.00

In 2016 Kawhi finished #2 in MVP voting. He's consistently been a solid top-10 player every year since then except for the one he missed with injury. That's 5 seasons and counting.

Paul Pierce doesn't have a strong case for top-10 in any season. He has a few years where you could make a borderline case, but it's hard to say he was ever even a top-5 forward at any point. Mostly he was a very solid player in the top 15 range with a good mentality who brought it when it mattered.

12. JesusFOREVER

JesusFOREVER All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    My Father in Heaven
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Im taking Pierce over Melo no questions :stopitslime:

Pierce vs Nique is a good argument actually, Nique was a freak of nature on top of his incredible scoring ability who never really had elite teams while Pierce was just an unstoppable skilled scorer as well despite the lack of athletcism, Pierce 3 ball might put him ahead of Nique for me tho if im starting a team

also Nique never won shyt :patrice: gotta see how the rest of the roster look

Pierce vs Scottie is :jbhmm: we will never truly know how good Scottie was but what i DO know is Pierce aint gonna sit out of a game cause of migraines and sub himself out for Toni Kukoc to hit the last shot:camby: as great a defender Scottie was give me PIERCE all day

Also no Dr J? :camby:

So yeah Pierce is borderline top 5 depending on how you wanna see him vs Nique or The Doc

13. murksiderock

murksiderock Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    SMF and LAX to VA and NC
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Pierce isn't borderline Top 5, there's no way you think he's a historical peer to Erving...

Also, I think we do know how good Scottie Pippen was. We had a small sample size of him as a #1, he was good enough to to take a team a game within the ECF, so I think if there was more time as a #1, you can say he coulda been the best player on a Final Four team...

Pierce was the best player on a Final Four team...

Also with Scottie, he was probably best suited as a career #2, the role he played in Chicago, then he went to Houston and was the third best player on the team, despite being younger than both Barkley and Olajuwon. So I think its fair to say Pippen had a ceiling, there are clearly guys who you could put around him who were better than him, he was always more suited to a role where he wasnt the best player...

Scottie and Pierce are similar, I'm not as high on Scottie as other people. Scottie isn't a Top 5 three either, he's basically the black Havlicek, except Havlicek distinguishes himself from Pippen with performances in The Finals that Pippen never matched, and Pippen played in six fukking Finals so the opportunity was there to show another level of greatness...

So Pippen has a ceiling, we know how good Pippen was. He's the black Hondo, mostly everything Hondo was but lesser on the bigger stage. Pierce and Pippen are virtually equal, Pip coulda had Truth's career if he was in Truth's situation and both were always more suited to be in that #2 role...

14. El Jefe

El Jefe All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

thats My Relative :obama:

15. BigTyme Records

BigTyme Records All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Great player but it’s arguable if he’s even top 10. Nobody mentioned Rick Barry and Elgin Baylor.

murksiderock dapped this.