Prince & Big Daddy Kane - Bat dance (Previously Unreleased)

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
prince-kane-luongo-batdance-remix-lead-715x715.jpg

Prince and producer John Luongo‘s “Batdance” (Remix) finally sees the light of day. The track was produced and recorded in 1989 boasts two verses from Big Daddy Kane, which he reportedly came up with on the spot in the studio. The final mix from Luongo combines Kane’s verses with new vocals from Prince and a chop of the 1960s Batman theme. In the end result was funked up boom-bap. Unfortunately, Warner decided the remix was “weird” and tabled the track.

“The whole thing, recording, mix and editing, took a day and a half. But I had a deadline! I remember FedEx was there waiting as I did my best to finish up, so we could make the next plane to rush it over to L.A. and Minnesota to let Warner Bros. and Prince hear what I had done. … And then Warner Bros, said they didn’t like it; it was too different. And that was it. They didn’t release it.

@gragra @Spotlessmind @phonthought3000 @Cadillac @MrPentatonic @Animal House @Insensitive @NVious @EA @Billy Ocean @Method Man @Funcrusher @Wallychamp @WuGambino @Urbanmiracle @KILLAKUTT7 @2meo @Hades @NormanConnors @Brayden @Ensi @JaneG33 @stomachlines @shopant @treezee @Yoda @Illeye buckmatic @Deltron @JordanWearinThe45 @Art Barr @Piff Perkins @atlbound @hustlemania @TEKBEATZ @OnlyInCalifornia @West Coast Avenger @Shogun @smitty22 @Heretic @MTAFZ @MichaelStrathanGap @Mac Man @DEAD7 @7Revo @Gentle Jones @Lord Mecca @TrapHouse Rock @CSquare43 @4everhumble @Shabazz Mathematics Allah @Rakim Allah @The HONORABLE SKJ @DANJ! @TezMilli @Tuaminator @JCalli @JulesWinfield @The_Hillsta @TheDarceKnight @profound @ThreeLetterAgency @*crackSTAR*@Bret Easton Ellis @H.R. Puff-N-Bluntz @Cole Cash @mbewane @Groot @Morose Zeitgeist @Pinyapplesuckas @Mr. Negative @KxngKobruh @Da_Eggman @StillNotSoft @mobbinfms @Ziggiy @MikeyC @Slowpoke @Danie84

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
The first half was waaaaay better than I thought it would be :ohhh:

"Go, Batman! :gladbron:Go, Batman! :gladbron:"

In 89 - a video with BDK as Bruce Kane and Prince as The Joker would have been beyond insane. :wow:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
This really should have come out at the time...I feel robbed....Classic Collabo