Protest against the Israel genocide continues to spread after the Columbia University arrest (NYU, U Michigan, Yale, The New School, etc)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Administrators at the University of California, Riverside reached a deal with pro-Palestine student protestors Friday to end their encampment and agree to their demands.

Students at UC Riverside organized a sit-in on campus on April 29 demand that their university disclose investments and funding linked to Israel and divest from companies and institutions that are “complicit in the Israeli occupation, apartheid, and genocide” of Palestinians.

In the agreement reached with student leaders Friday, UC Riverside stated that the college will take steps to be transparent about its investments.

With students, it will also “explore the removal” of its endowment from the broader University of California system’s investment office and the reinvestment of it “in a manner that will be financially and ethically sound for the university with consideration to the companies involved in arms manufacturing and delivery.”

The university’s business school has also discontinued its study abroad programs to Israel.

“This agreement does not change the realities of the war in Gaza, or the need to address antisemitism, Islamophobia, and other forms of bias and discrimination; however, I am grateful that we can have constructive and peaceful conversations on how to address these complex issues,” UCR Chancellor Kim Wilcox said in a statement sent to faculty and staff on Friday night.

The chancellor did not respond to HuffPost’s request for additional comment.

“This is not the end of UCR’s complicity, and we will continue to hold our admin accountable. This is a step closer towards a liberated Palestine,” the UCR chapter of Students for Justice In Palestine wrote in a social media post.

“Our work is not done. Innocent people are still dying, enduring displacement, and suffering. This is a small victory in many, many more to come,” the group said in a separate post.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

bu bu bu Warlord Biden is caving to Israel at every turn

I know this is a joke to most of yall, this is just a way for yall to get yo political opinions off but it’s some real shyt going on, it sounds like isreal is about to do some crazy shyt, well they already tried to do some crazy shyt already, for this place to be called higher learning I would’ve thought y’all looked at shyt a little bit more serious

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

bu bu bu Warlord Biden is caving to Israel at every turn

Just have the Coli pro genocide squad sit Biden down and condescendingly explain to him that he can't actually stop weapons shipments to Israel, that it's not something the president can do, the same way they've been telling us for the last 7 months. Israel doesn't need to be concerned, One of our resident morons will just step in and fix this quick.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I wonder if in the future they'll ever teach about how the entire US media stepped in to spread lies about US citizens to protect and facilitate a foreign government's genocide. Will this country even learn anything? Is it just going to be forgotten in the grand scheme of things, or will future students of journalism have to study this era as an example of the importance of ethics in journalism?

It really feels like we're watching the history books being written. Reminds me of reading about the reconstruction era. How does the country move forward when this is all said and done, and we have to share spaces with people who were literally for a genocide? Are these people going to teach our children? Will they be politically vilified, or are we going to continue to see genocide supporters in office? I assume that a lot of people will just go through their lives without ever paying attention to what's been happening, but imagine being a brown person and working at a job knowing your boss was cheering on the death of innocent women and children? Is this all just going to be covered up and we're going to be expected to just forget about it? Will this country even acknowledge what happened? A chilling thought. At least for me.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The truth is way more sinister. I’d be terrified if I was a student on that campus
Man I don’t like the lackadaisical tone people got with what the fukk these Zionist doing

I guess I shouldn’t expect much from anonymous posters on this site but this ain’t the time to be on some political blood and crip shyt

They about to destroy the world and they trying to cut us off from all information and people on here making jokes about the shyt as if it’s just a bunch of bored college kids who only care