Protest against the Israel genocide continues to spread after the Columbia University arrest (NYU, U Michigan, Yale, The New School, etc)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It is possible to believe that people hold reprehensible views and still believe that they don’t deserve to be killed.

so people aren't advocating that Jews need to be killed?

curious

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
Netanyahu's America

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GMkywC6X0AA7iGp.jpg

GMl0WNEbcAAUhj7.jpg

GMlbIgTbQAAlwyg.jpg

GEeKvJ9a4AAIBdB.jpg

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Last I checked only Israel was committing genocide. How duplicitous and morally bankrupt do you have to be to get mad at genocidal words, but not actual genocide.
It's performative outrage by him, been for some time

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Last I checked only Israel was committing genocide. How duplicitous and morally bankrupt do you have to be to get mad at genocidal words, but not actual genocide.

That isn't accurate, Hamas and their allies are calling for the destruction of Israel, its people, and launching attacks to achieve that goal. That's also the goal of the protests. Ignoring that is what is truly duplicitous and morally bankrupt.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Administrators at the University of California, Riverside reached a deal with pro-Palestine student protestors Friday to end their encampment and agree to their demands.

Students at UC Riverside organized a sit-in on campus on April 29 demand that their university disclose investments and funding linked to Israel and divest from companies and institutions that are “complicit in the Israeli occupation, apartheid, and genocide” of Palestinians.

In the agreement reached with student leaders Friday, UC Riverside stated that the college will take steps to be transparent about its investments.

With students, it will also “explore the removal” of its endowment from the broader University of California system’s investment office and the reinvestment of it “in a manner that will be financially and ethically sound for the university with consideration to the companies involved in arms manufacturing and delivery.”

The university’s business school has also discontinued its study abroad programs to Israel.

“This agreement does not change the realities of the war in Gaza, or the need to address antisemitism, Islamophobia, and other forms of bias and discrimination; however, I am grateful that we can have constructive and peaceful conversations on how to address these complex issues,” UCR Chancellor Kim Wilcox said in a statement sent to faculty and staff on Friday night.

The chancellor did not respond to HuffPost’s request for additional comment.

“This is not the end of UCR’s complicity, and we will continue to hold our admin accountable. This is a step closer towards a liberated Palestine,” the UCR chapter of Students for Justice In Palestine wrote in a social media post.

“Our work is not done. Innocent people are still dying, enduring displacement, and suffering. This is a small victory in many, many more to come,” the group said in a separate post.