Quitting Cigarettes Challenge

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
After 10 long years smoking I have finally come to the realization that smoking is wack. I actually quit a week and a half ago and I quit cold turkey. I fell off last thursday when I was beyond drunk and smoked 2 cigs and a black and woke up the next morning feeling like complete shyt. I always told myself I wanted to quit and always made promises to myself on my birthday, but Im glad I know I have the will power to do it.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I've decided to quit smoking cigarettes... again :hmm:
This thread will log my progress. Im not a major smoker or anything (2-3/day) and I haven't had any noticeable health affects so far, but I figured some members of The Coli might want to take the plunge as well.

Smoked my last one this afternoon, let the games begin :jawalrus:

#positivity :salute:

I used to smoke just like you, damn near 10 years ago. 2 or 3 squares a day. One day I bought a pack, smoked one, and tossed the rest of the pack out of the window.

About a week later, I bought another pack, put one in my mouth, got ready to light it and threw it out the window too. The whole pack. Last time I ever bought squares. Depending on your level of dependency, a little will power and positivity should do the trick.

Good luck breh!

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I was drunk at the bar and one of those marlboro reps was handing out packs for a dollar. I could not resist :snoop:

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
I have sinned, smoked a few cigs hanging out with the fam :wow:

Day 1 from here :jawalrus:

Daps
start exercising more and you'll see your intake cut down naturally. Not sure if you can quit cold turkey though

Daps
542650_444424142271859_1572055587_n.jpg

Why isnt this thread a sticky?

Waddup all? and shout outs to those who are on the quitting journey, hope all is going well...

my old boss used to be a drug counselor and former alcoholic/drug addict, and was still a smoker at the time. He told me in his own words how you never quit becoming an addict...

now homie was still smoking bogies/cigars but dude quit the drugs/liq... what resonates is that this is gonna be a constant battle everyday... beat it before it beats you (as cliche as that sounds)

stay strong...

[quick trick/tip when you get a craving let your hand do the motions like you are smoking and breathe out and inhale like your smoking]​

chipmarket

Presidential
Supporter
Daps
Just stop being a bytch and quit.. ye its hard, deal with it. control yo mind playa.:hamster:

Daps
smoking.jpg

2013 is going to be a great time to break this habit...

hang up inspirational pictures around the house to guide you into quitting...

or have a spot where you can place tally marks for each day you dont smoke, this will help you visualize your progress...

look back at your amounted tally marks and see how far you've come and why you should continue the journey to quitting...

Make-Quitting-Smoking-a-Little-Easier-Chain.jpg