Rand Paul meets with black leaders in Ferguson

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe this to be true of all politicians... so attempts to pin it on him specifically fall on deaf ears :manny:
I'm not disagreeing with anyone on the "don't trust these cacs, they are racist" front. I'm just applying that to all of the cacs in Washington... and I suggest you brehs do the same.

No, we're talking about Rand Paul specifically. Projecting his pandering on other politicians is simply a copout. If you, RP or any other of the Rand Paul apologists really want other people to take him seriously, then be honest, don't point fingers, and look at Paul's history and not the pandering. Especially look at his views on social issues...some of them are reprehensible. He believes in states rights, which is code for "if you want to have racist/sexist/homophobic laws, then go right ahead." He's against the Fair Housing Act, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and he would have been against the Civil Rights Act if he were in office at the time. If it were up to him, you'd be living in the hood, working for pennies as a janitor because that's all you'd be useful for. He literally would have been opposed to EVERY piece of legislation that would have helped you as a black man. For you to support a person like that is pathetic. If you're a libertarian and a black person, you honestly need to take off the tap shoes.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
then why put them on a pedestal in the first place?

you're a hack
Who has placed anyone on a pedestal? I stated very clearly, he should be the frontrunner amongst potential candidates.

This is all in the context of an election, which pits politicians up against each other. Looking at them independent of the other options available seems silly to me... unless you're part of the don't vote at all crowd.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
No, we're talking about Rand Paul specifically. Projecting his pandering on other politicians is simply a copout. If you, RP or any other of the Rand Paul apologists really want other people to take him seriously, then be honest, don't point fingers, and look at Paul's history and not the pandering. Especially look at his views on social issues...some of them are reprehensible. He believes in states rights, which is code for "if you want to have racist/sexist/homophobic laws, then go right ahead." He's against the Fair Housing Act, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and he would have been against the Civil Rights Act if he were in office at the time. If it were up to him, you'd be living in the hood, working for pennies as a janitor because that's all you'd be useful for. He literally would have been opposed to EVERY piece of legislation that would have helped you as a black man. For you to support a person like that is pathetic. If you're a libertarian and a black person, you honestly need to take off the tap shoes.

Defending against the pandering accusation is impossible :russ: You need no evidence to support it, it is just axiomatically accepted as fact.
Not that it isn't true, its just a shytty argument. Dems pander more than republicans ever will... :mindblown: What does it even mean or matter? That's the game. All we can do is hope they are sincere, no one knows.
what are you asking for? a promise?:heh: a binding contract?:heh: shyts insane...

and party lines has nothing to do with the fact he is the only one reaching out... but I guess throwing it out there is a good way to garner support, and shift focus. :shaq2:

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, you're missing the point completely (and stop using the damn smilies, it makes you look like a cotdamn clown).

Rand Paul's history is OPPOSITE of what he's arguing in this situation. He flip flops on voter-ID laws, depending on what audience he's around. He was on fox news defending voter-ID laws, but when he's anywhere else he's anti-vote suppression. There was a bill to amend and update the Voter Rights Act, and he conveniently didn't vote on the bill.

Reaching out/pandering but no substance behind anything he says. None whatsoever. But this a dude you put your faith in? Pathetic.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Breh, you're missing the point completely (and stop using the damn smilies, it makes you look like a cotdamn clown).

Rand Paul's history is OPPOSITE of what he's arguing in this situation. He flip flops on voter-ID laws, depending on what audience he's around. He was on fox news defending voter-ID laws, but when he's anywhere else he's anti-vote suppression. There was a bill to amend and update the Voter Rights Act, and he conveniently didn't vote on the bill.

Reaching out/pandering but no substance behind anything he says. None whatsoever. But this a dude you put your faith in? Pathetic.
I'm not disagreeing with your points on him, I'm saying that all we have on the table are shytty options, and of those shytty options he is making the best moves, and appearing to be the least shytty.

Where have I said he isn't racist or any of that? and what exactly is it about my position you disagree with?

Every point I have made in favor of Paul has been in relation to the other options available. If you are simply talking about him as a person, that's a totally different conversation IMHO

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not disagreeing with your points on him, I'm saying that all we have on the table are shytty options, and of those shytty options he is making the best moves, and appearing to be the least shytty.

Where have I said he isn't racist or any of that? and what exactly is it about my position you disagree with?

Every point I have made in favor of Paul has been in relation to the other options available. If you are simply talking about him as a person, that's a totally different conversation IMHO

You don't even know what the other options are, so how do you know who he's better than?

You're Paul apologists shyt on "Obamabots" but you're just as ridiculous as they are.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
You don't even know what the other options are, so how do you know who he's better than?

You're Paul apologists shyt on "Obamabots" but you're just as ridiculous as they are.
I still haven't defended any of the charges laid against Rand in this thread...

I'm just looking at the field(political) and noting that no one is even close to him in turns of reaching out to the AA community, and suggesting policies that would directly benefit the AA community. We should be listening, and making it known that were listening.
... and I still don't know what it is about this you disagree with?

You(and others) seem to just keep repeating he's racist...

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still haven't defended any of the charges laid against Rand in this thread...

I'm just looking at the field(political) and noting that no one is even close to him in turns of reaching out to the AA community, and suggesting policies that would directly benefit the AA community. We should be listening, and making it known that were listening.
... and I still don't know what it is about this you disagree with?

You(and others) seem to just keep repeating he's racist...

no I'm repeating that he's pandering. why you're failing to understand that...maybe you're just being dumb on purpose? :yeshrug:

plenty of politicians are championing for minorities...what makes Paul more believable than the rest, when you can clearly look at his past and KNOW FOR SURE he's pandering?

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I can't really hate on a breh trying to campaign, this is one of the few things libertarians really get right :manny:

Gonna be hard to explain how his dad isn't a klansman though
jbymsAQrJF1rmG.png