Rand Paul meets with black leaders in Ferguson

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still haven't defended any of the charges laid against Rand in this thread...

I'm just looking at the field(political) and noting that no one is even close to him in turns of reaching out to the AA community, and suggesting policies that would directly benefit the AA community. We should be listening, and making it known that were listening.
... and I still don't know what it is about this you disagree with?

You(and others) seem to just keep repeating he's racist...

How can you even take him seriously though. You really think a person that is on record as against the Civil Rights bill really has your community's interests at heart? Do you really think as President he would fight for these issues against his own party?

If you believe that, I really don't know what to say to you.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
How can you even take him seriously though. You really think a person that is on record as against the Civil Rights bill really has your community's interests at heart? Do you really think as President he would fight for these issues against his own party?

If you believe that, I really don't know what to say to you.
I dont take any politician serious... Obama is the last time I'll put faith in a politician to do what they say they will do.
Its all pandering. All of it... and to be honest i dont know how "he wont follow through" is even a real argument. None of them black, white, liberal, conservative etc. follow through. Its a meaningless critique, and suggest that there is some one to vote for who will follow through... and I dont believe that to be the case.

All I'm saying is this is the shiniest piece of sh*t on the table. Whether or not he is sh*t isnt even up for debate.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont take any politician serious... Obama is the last time I'll put faith in a politician to do what they say they will do.
Its all pandering. All of it... and to be honest i dont know how "he wont follow through" is even a real argument. None of them black, white, liberal, conservative etc. follow through. Its a meaningless critique, and suggest that there is some one to vote for who will follow through... and I dont believe that to be the case.

All I'm saying is this is the shiniest piece of sh*t on the table. Whether or not he is sh*t isnt even up for debate.

I'm just as disillusioned after Obama. I think all politicians are dirtbags. I'm looking for a third candidate for 2016.However, to think that Rand Paul will fight for our interests given his history and party affiliation is even more gullible than believing in hope and change.

One of the main criticisms of Obama that we should have payed attention to was his compromising record and his middle of the road policies. Paul, will revert to his true nature just as Obama did. Atleast there are/were voices on the left to criticize Obama for not living up to his promises. Who on the right do will criticize rand Paul for failing to deliver on the drug war and sentencing inequalities promises?

You're falling for the banana in the tail pipe trick again.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
However, to think that Rand Paul will fight for our interests given his history and party affiliation is even more gullible than believing in hope and change.
:patrice:I believe the stigma attached to the party(justly for the most part) is exactly what they have to confront... and he's doing that. :manny: I'm not saying he is heaven sent, or above pandering, I'm taking notice that he is talking about reinstating voting rights for felons*, and ending the drug war.
Two issues that should never be tossed in the bushes regardless of who is bringing them up IMO, and the dialogue alone that he has started in washington is worth our support.

IMO of course.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:I believe the stigma attached to the party(justly for the most part) is exactly what they have to confront... and he's doing that. :manny: I'm not saying he is heaven sent, or above pandering, I'm taking notice that he is talking about reinstating voting rights for felons*, and ending the drug war.
Two issues that should never be tossed in the bushes regardless of who is bringing them up IMO, and the dialogue alone that he has started in washington is worth our support.

IMO of course.

Dialogue is not enough. White conservatives, his base, will fight him tooth and nail against any such proposals.( If he even brings these issues up) Yall claim Obama is ignoring black issues, wait till you have Rand Paul as your president.

Yall(black libertarians) gone shed some tears.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:mjlol:

Rand Paul Just Had A Sitdown With Al Sharpton

• NOV. 20, 2014, 12:24 PM
rev.%20sharpton%20&%20senator%20rand%20paul%201.jpg
Al Sharpton Sen. Rand Paul and Rev. Al Sharpton meeting in Washington.
See Also

Al Sharpton Attacks The New York Times For Story On His Unpaid Taxes

Here's The Crazy Diet That Explains Why Al Sharpton Is Shrinking

3 Top GOP Candidates Just Took Major Steps Toward 2016

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), who is likely running for president in 2016, had a meeting with the Rev. Al Sharpton in Washington, D.C. Thursday morning. Both men characterized the conversation as an attempt to foster dialoque across party lines.

"It was a very candid and courteous conversation. We pledged to continue to have such conversations where conservatives and progressives can have dialogue and break the log jam in American discussion," Sharpton said in a statement.

Paul's press secretary, Eleanor May, told Business Insider the meeting with Sharpton is "another example of Sen. Paul's willingness to work across the aisle to solve our nation's problems."

According to Sharpton, the pair discussed Paul's "position on dealing with some criminal justice issues that I am concerned about." This included "mandatory sentencing" for drug-related charges and legislation Paul and Sen. Cory Booker (D-New Jersey) have proposed to limit punishments for non-violent drug offenders.

In addition to "criminal justice reform," May also noted the two talked about Paul's support for the "demilitarization of police." She said they also discussed Paul's recent trip to Ferguson, Missouri where protests this summer over the death of an unarmed African-American teenage who was shot by a police officer were met with a violent crackdown by local law enforcement.

Sharpton noted the two did not see eye-to-eye on everything. Specifically, he said they disagreed over President Barack Obama's plan to issue an executive order to shield some undocumented immigrants from deportation. Sharpton supports Obama taking executive action while Paul does not.

"We do not agree on executive action on the President, I agree and he does not," said Sharpton. "It was a very candid and courteous conversation. We pledged to continue to have such conversations where conservatives and progressives can have dialogue and break the log jam in American discussion."

Paul has made reaching out to African-American voters a priority as he considers a potential presidential bid. A recent poll found New Yorkers consider Sharpton the city's most important black leader, above even Obama.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-just-had-a-sitdown-with-al-sharpton-2014-11#ixzz3Jeq0hDTV

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If he gets his ass on the front lines when the GJ lets Wilson off, he'll have my respect and probably my vote.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Defending against the pandering accusation is impossible :russ: You need no evidence to support it, it is just axiomatically accepted as fact.
Not that it isn't true, its just a shytty argument. Dems pander more than republicans ever will... :mindblown: What does it even mean or matter? That's the game. All we can do is hope they are sincere, no one knows.
what are you asking for? a promise?:heh: a binding contract?:heh: shyts insane...

and party lines has nothing to do with the fact he is the only one reaching out... but I guess throwing it out there is a good way to garner support, and shift focus. :shaq2:

Honestly, how is this guy poster of the year? :mindblown:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Obama is the president though. he's not a local politician.

obama did more as a local politician.

You've got to be a complete idiot expecting radical changes with someone who is in charge of the top office.