Randoms on the internet (and 50 Cent): "Chris Brown is wearing MJ's crown". What y'all think, brehs?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in elementary school when Chris first came out and every girl from every race was fawning over him. They all had his sticker plastered all over their notebook and folders. Any magazine he was in they had and would cut him and Bow Wow out and then kiss it and hold it near their heart talking about they was their future husbands.

MJ ain't have magazines that showed love to urban acts let alone minorities. That's why I say it was a different era. MJ had the crowds in his prime, Chris had publication and internet love. By the time I was in elementary school MJ was a joke and going through them court cases.
You're out of your fukking mind

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
mj had the greatest musical upbringing of anyone maybe ever

there was no greater investment of talent into one individual ever no one else had as much access to sit at the feet of other greats from youth & just soak up knowledge

cb literally was just pulled out the sticks of va self taught in every way & dropped into the industry in the era after artists development basically was dead

when i say cb is the greater raw talent it's not to disrespect mj it's just acknowledging the fact that cb is the uncultured unguided superstar

it shows in the fact that his music never matured to reach that classic level but it also makes it so much more wild that he does what he does as a performer

nobody else in his era really can get up there with him because you are not finding a performer of that level that is a autodidact

imagine if cb has as many greats surrounding him the majority of his life like mj did

cb was missing the team mj had creatively he was missing the guidance & structure

he has the talent

King Poetic

Can You Spot Me A 20?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On The Pacific
nikkas can only compare the dancing nothing else .. to even considered this same ass music sounding albums making nikka for the last 5 years in the same class as Michael is ridiculous

Its like they try to compare trash ass thug rappers to tupac, but none of these nikkas make social or political songs .. they just comparing the death row tupac to these trash nikkas

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I'll never forget about C.B.'s step-dad telling stories about him being out of control and abusing his mom.
I guess many of y'all were over on SOHH back in 2009 when he went psycho on Rih Rih's face. I never f-ed him or his music at all. Add in all the drama with Karrueche and his babymama and dude's life has been a mess.

Daps
Chris not on mj level. Not even close.

He's not even the biggest star right now.

We've been over this too many times for this to still be a thing.

Only uncultured & ignorant people would think this because they saw chris do a front flip.

Look at the body of work & the longevity. Mj's legacy is too big to compare.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Michael Jackson wasn't just some famous dude. You can’t even conceive of MJ's level of fame. He was a force.

Chris Brown had a comparatively brief moment of mainstream success. After 2009, his career went off the rails and the quality of his voice and music wasn't consistent. Chris Brown isn't even on Usher's level, let alone Michael's.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
There can't be another MJ because the media ecosystem is different. Musicians aren't being tightly controlled by studios any more. You can hear music on other things than your TV or the radio now and have multiple options including listening directly from the musician themselves.

The closest thing to a modern MJ would be a big name rapper like Drake who sells out every venue and stays in the top 40 and top 10 streams and who is relevant in other countries. His female equivalent would be Beyonce.

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
We need to stop comparing. Chris Brown was a sticker on every girl's folder and notebook in the early 2000's. He reached MJ fame but it's not the same. Equally are great within their own respective eras.

Not even close. Very few people in human history have reached MJs level of fame. CB probably aint even the most famous nikka from Virginia.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
bDPLhU8.jpg

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do people keep regulating MJs star power to just his dancing and hit songs by the way :jbhmm:

That man was also one of the greatest voice talents to ever live from a kid on up

Sometimes you just gotta admit you watching some generational shyt man