Rappers that u know AREN'T wack, but still have 0 replay value to u...

Daps
Reppin
TYL
I gotta go with Mr. Freddie Gibbs. :patrice:
Bruh crosses off hella shyt on a checklist prescribing what I'd want in a personal fav rapper:

Content: check
Some sort of Authenticity: check
Production: check
And overall, bruh just a good ass rapper....but for some reason, I can never find myself EVER wanting to revisit his shyt, it's the weirdest thing.
For ex. Gibbs would rap circles round Dolph, but Dolph gets spin from me daily. I can't explain it really cause I wanna like bruh (:dame:) but it's just something missing.

Any rappers u feel that way bout?

I know you are entitled to your opinion, but that Freddie Gibb's "You Only Live Twice" is extra quality and has hella replay value.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i made a thread similar to this and my list for that thread
2.A Tribe Called Quest

:manny::hubie:

How can you not be a fan of Tribe?
I know its your opinion.. but your the first poster ive seen to feel this way

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Skyzoo
Fashawn
Rapsody

Not wack at all, and I should like them on paper....I listen to their albums and it's :snooze:
A Dream Deferred was one of my favorite releases in the last few years but I just can't get into any of Skyzoo's other stuff. Theoretically I should but...There's just something really...milquetoast about him. I 'unno:ld:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
:gucci: gibbs slander, if u think pinata doesnt have replay value ur lying lol
I dont know how anybody who's listened to Uno or Thuggin could even mention his name in this thread. Or Midwest Malcolm. Or Iodine Poison.

Or The Ghetto.

Or Just Trin To Make It

Or Scottie Pippens.

Or B.A.N.ned

Or Harold's

...I think you see where I'm going with this. If you don't fukk with Gangsta Gibbs I don't fukk with you :pacspit:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Kendrick - just something forced and not authentic about his music

JayZ - same as Kendrick to an extent, he got hot beats but something about his style just never sat right with me. Always seemed more like a salesman to me

Lupe - ehh...

Cube - i think hes top 10 his first few projects are legendary for a reason.........but them shyts aint age well to me. Dont really bump any of it anymore and i had his top shyt bumping alot a decade ago.......

Doom - just too backcac for me, dont like his voice. He got some fire production tho. Madvillainy is mad overrated IMO he aint do most those beats justice. Gibbs put out a much better project with Madlib to me, he is far more versatile and adapted his breath control, cadences, flow, material unlike Doom

Aesop Rock - he got some great lyrics..........no mic presence or charisma. Flow can be annoying. Id rather read the lyrics of his shyt than listen to him and obviously got better things to do than be reading lyrics all day

Blu - just was never on that wave, objectively Below the heavens a classic tho

Pun - Lyrical miracle....not with that

Eminem - most his shyt just corny but he can spit

Outkast - just corny to me and Andre voice/flow just annoying to listen to on shyt like ATLiens, feels pretentious like he tellin u to just listen. Dont feel natural to me "Hey, I'm talking, young man, as if chalk in my hand " man STFU :mjlol:, dont think theres any south group i really fukk with like that and i tried to get into them, UGK, 3, 6, Goodie etc. Some great beats but the style dont really vibe with me as far as crews. Solo shyt a different story

KRS - Im in my 20s and I dunno just too played out for me, i respect his status in the game tho

Cool J - I feel like his music couldve aged better than most from that era if it wasnt for the outdated slang.......Unless u 40+ i dont see how u can bump dude. Some tracks start off hot then comes the fubu guuu hee shee skirlicious shyt and i gotta stop

Kane - nikkas did his gimmick better, he was poppin for his time but that wasnt my time. Respect to OG tho

G Rap - i give respect where its due i think hes one of the greats and birthed alot of styles. Hes dope........but so many nikkas reinvented or did his style better to me that i dont find his shyt that interesting anymore

Capone N Noreaga - CNN War Report dope but it just a B class Infamous/Hell on Earth if we keepin it 100.........why i would listen to it if I got Infamous/Hell on Earth in my library? Nothing they do they did it much different and certainly not better

Kweli - WOAT flow its unbelievable, its like dude tries to make his shyt unlistenable. Mos carried that Blackstar joint hard

got 0 material from any of these nikkas on my itunes that aint features (excluding shyts some produced like Ghost on some Doom beats):yeshrug:
So basically I should just never talk to you about anything hip-hop related.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Old School heads

1. Canibus
  2. Royce 5'9
  3. Skillz
  4. Ras Kass
  5. Umi
  6. Lupe Fiasco
  7. K'naan

Last edited:

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
How can you not be a fan of Tribe?
I know its your opinion.. but your the first poster ive seen to feel this way

i liked a solid amount of their singles(check the rhime,jazz,hot sex,etc) but i've never even attempted to listen to any of ATCQ albums..i guess they just didnt stand out enough or have enough edge to them for me to take interest..