Rate this HBCU Day 54: Jackson State University

How would you rate Jackson State University?

• 1 (If there are no other options...)

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 (it works)

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 2 11.8%

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Great profile of JSU.
The out of state numbers are eye opening, and it means that it's a national school with a national profile.

Those Illinois numbers seem to represent descendants of the Great Migration route of MS-to-Chicago returning back to a high profile institution.
Excellent value for out of state students. Though I'm sure a few of those IL students used their grandmother's aunt's residence in MS to qualify for in-state rate. hehehehehehe

Last edited:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
9/10. The only university in Mississippi I would consider letting my daughter attend. I teach in their recruiting area and it’s a lot of young scholars and athletes who want to go there. Way more popular than Morehouse amongst the responses from them.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
If you want to see a Black civil war, come to my family reunion and ask which school is the best between Jackson State and Alcorn State.
You're better off cutting your partner's little joker in a spades game!
:whoa:

:pachaha:
When I saw the op post I was like :mjpls:

:scust:all at the same time.

I saw the slight shot at the brow to Alcorn. But I'll keep it civil. Didn't get a chance to vote in the poll though.
Solid 6.5 - 7 from me.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I missed the poll but I woulda gave these chumps a 8.

A fantastic school with a rich tradition. One of most well known & respected HBCUs. Their education department is pretty good as well as their music department. I may be wrong but I think they’re the only HBCU that offers meteorology as a major & as a result they’re among the top producers of black meteorologist. If any of you brehs or brehettes have kids or younger relatives in meteorology, tell them to look into Jackson State..most meteorologists work for government agencies or they can go the TV weather man route.

Sports wise they’re with or right behind FAMU, Grambling and Southern as far as legacies & winning tradition goes.

Hate to say it but their band is amazing. Shoutout to the breh @Theolodius_Black. The only clean L I’ve ever been apart of in my HBCU marching band career was against JSU at the Gulf Coast Classic in 06 but we got that ass back in 08 in Atlanta :wow:
Band wise they’ve been the best since 2014 I wanna say, but IMO Southern took that crown for the previous season. JSU was probably #2 behind them but I wouldn’t be surprised if The Boom is #1 again next season.

They’re probably the only other HBCU I “hate” along with Alabama A&M. Their alum & fans talk so much shyt, & this was before Deion! They talk like they’re the Bama or Ohio State of HBCU football, & they’ve been like that since the 70s :mjlol:

They cool folks tho I love Mississippi & the folks there.

My bad, the poll shouldn't have closed so early. I opened it back up.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
When the face of a famous HBCU marching band is no longer black...:mjgrin:

Mark my words....you will see more of this...

It's been happening.

I graduated from Grambling in 2011 and back then they were sprinking in Non-Blacks and now our womens soccer team has a white coach and half of the soccer team is Non-Black American:

Grambling_Soccer_Smiles_win.jpg

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
It's been happening.

I graduated from Grambling in 2011 and back then they were sprinking in Non-Blacks and now our womens soccer team has a white coach and half of the soccer team is Non-Black American:

Grambling_Soccer_Smiles_win.jpg

The athletic programs been getting integrated....Im talking about the marching bands...the head drum major in this case

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I also remember Jackson state had a big power forward looking dude as a majorette looking like uncle Clifford (don’t confuse this with the j-settes their dance troupe) we called him/they/them the Fruity Booty twirler

:mjlol:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Great profile of JSU.
The out of state numbers are eye opening, and it means that it's a national school with a national profile.

Those Illinois numbers seem to represent descendants of the Great Migration route of MS-to-Chicago returning back to a high profile institution.
Excellent value for out of state students. Though I'm sure a few of those IL students used their grandmother's aunt's residence in MS to qualify for in-state rate. hehehehehehe

I had friends from the Chi that used to do that. I used to fukk with them and tell them they’re not from Chicago, you’re from Mississippi :devil: