Rate this HBCU Day 57: Alabama State University

How would you rate Alabama State University?

• 1 (If there are no other options...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 (it works)

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 6 50.0%

• 10 (Premier institution of Black Excellence)

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
What clubs were popping while my fellow Hornet bruhs or Tuskegee bruhs when down there because we know y’all didn’t have shyt but one club and stayed in the Gump:mjpls: . For me it was of course he death trap that was the Rose RIP to Doe B and the young lady:mjcry:, Boomerangs, the Lux, maybe the funniest but most dangerous Doddle hoopers , the one down town . Also when we ventured out to get them beautiful hood ass locals at the Day street bar. It been so long I know I’m forgetting some.

Oh can’t forget those mason strip parties that had girls in your class bussing it open and fukking nikkas for a lil change. Also heading to the foot wash in that cow pasture with strippers with bullet wounds who carried their stripping tips in Crown Royal Bags :blessed:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
What clubs were popping while my fellow Hornet bruhs or Tuskegee bruhs when down there because we know y’all didn’t have shyt but one club and stayed in the Gump:mjpls: . For me it was of course he death trap that was the Rose RIP to Doe B and the young lady:mjcry:, Boomerangs, the Lux, maybe the funniest but most dangerous Doddle hoopers , the one down town . Also when we ventured out to get them beautiful hood ass locals at the Day street bar. It been so long I know I’m forgetting some.

Oh can’t forget those mason strip parties that had girls in your class bussing it open and fukking nikkas for a lil change. Also heading to the foot wash in that cow pasture with strippers with bullet wounds who carried their stripping tips in Crown Royal Bags :blessed:

Hold up, there's TWO Hornet brehs on this board? :wtf:

...you and @staticshock know what time it is next year at the Classic, y'all Hornet brehs got lucky this past year :sas2:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Will apply or already accepted?
Going to apply in the fall or winter. I'm dotting my I's to see if I'd be able to transfer to USC for an MBA or MSCM from there.

If the prospects don't look to good, I'll probably just go to National University in San Diego and get my grad degree from SDSU.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Say Hornet brehs, if any of y'all actually go to the Classic next year, I'll gladly buy y'all a drink and introduce you to some of the A&M women, as well as the occasional shyt talking and ribbing about how y'all went to the wrong school :mjlol:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Going to apply in the fall or winter. I'm dotting my I's to see if I'd be able to transfer to USC for an MBA or MSCM from there.

If the prospects don't look to good, I'll probably just go to National University in San Diego and get my grad degree from SDSU.
Here's my two cents:

Cost wise all three Alabama HBCUs will be similar since you are out of state. Tuition is about $18-19k at A&M and State and $22k at Tuskegee (Tuskegee is private though).

If you want business, which it seems, I would focus on A&M and Tuskegee. No shade to ASU but that particular program is stronger at those schools.

Tuskegee business admin grads have top salaries amongst HBCU grads and A&M finance grads are tops for HBCU finance grads too. See this thread for more stats: https://www.thecoli.com/threaads/the-hbcu-analytics-thread.961877/

I checked my big LinkedIn network too. ASU, A&M, and Tuskegee have about 60-70 people in the San Diego area. ASU folks in that area are typically teachers or HR, A&M alumni are typically in business and Tuskegee alumni are typically engineers. So take that as you will for a network in that region.

Florida A&M and North Carolina A&T have the same out of state tuition and are outstanding in business too.

Last thing: if you want a MBA I would try not to splurge on undergrad so unless you get good aid and scholarships the big private schools like Howard/Hampton/Morehouse may get you a lot of debt (unless you are ballin).

A best buy school to look at may be Jackson State which we covered last week. Only $10k for out of state tuition and though business accounting majors make less maybe you don't care if you are going straight to grad school

There are also scholarships to apply to EARLY

In my next post I will put up a link for ASU scholarships you should apply for if you look at ASU. I will also like AAMU scholarships in that school's thread. AAMU has scholarships just for out of state students too.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Here's my two cents:

Cost wise all three Alabama HBCUs will be similar since you are out of state. Tuition is about $18-19k at A&M and State and $22k at Tuskegee (Tuskegee is private though).

If you want business, which it seems, I would focus on A&M and Tuskegee. No shade to ASU but that particular program is stronger at those schools.

Tuskegee business admin grads have top salaries amongst HBCU grads and A&M finance grads are tops for HBCU finance grads too. See this thread for more stats: https://www.thecoli.com/threaads/the-hbcu-analytics-thread.961877/

I checked my big LinkedIn network too. ASU, A&M, and Tuskegee have about 60-70 people in the San Diego area. ASU folks in that area are typically teachers or HR, A&M alumni are typically in business and Tuskegee alumni are typically engineers. So take that as you will for a network in that region.

Florida A&M and North Carolina A&T have the same out of state tuition and are outstanding in business too.

Last thing: if you want a MBA I would try not to splurge on undergrad so unless you get good aid and scholarships the big private schools like Howard/Hampton/Morehouse may get you a lot of debt (unless you are ballin).

A best buy school to look at may be Jackson State which we covered last week. Only $10k for out of state tuition and though business accounting majors make less maybe you don't care if you are going straight to grad school

There are also scholarships to apply to EARLY

In my next post I will put up a link for ASU scholarships you should apply for if you look at ASU. I will also like AAMU scholarships in that school's thread. AAMU has scholarships just for out of state students too.
Dope! Thanks, man.

Although, I will say that I'm in the Navy, so although I'm in a different state, my home of residence is still Alabama, so I'd apply for in-state tuition. I'd use tuition assistance for my undergrad, and my GI bill for the grad degree.

Thanks for the insight on the state of the business schools at all three universities. With that said, I'm not turning down any scholarships lol. Thankfully, most of my pay at my rank is "hidden" with the housing allowance, so I also qualify for the Pell Grant.

For degrees, I'm still up in the air honestly. I'd like to get a degree in Finance, Business, Business Admin, International Business or SCM.

What di you think of getting a bachelor's in Finance, and a master's in SCM?